Risers by Deep In The Mines?

thepixelgeekthepixelgeek PhillyMember Posts: 96
Anyone have experience using their risers? I just purchased from them on Amazon but since discovered some discrepancies.

I purchased their risers on Amazon and the PCIe connector is a vertical position. However, their site, deepinthemines dot com, shows a horrizontal position on the PCIe connector.

I just noticed, Panto on Amazon says "Caution: If you receive a riser kit without a 90 degree turn card, report the seller". But why? And is that referring to the vertical position on the riser?

I did notice a version difference on the PCIe connector. Deep In The Mines sells "VER005" and Panto sells "VER0055".

I'm overly cautious based on people having issues with sh't risers. Thanks.

Comments

• TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Oh dang I just ordered some of their pci powered risers. haven't received them yet.

The panto ones I got before work great but they were out of stock this time
  • thepixelgeekthepixelgeek PhillyMember Posts: 96
    edited April 2017

Oh dang I just ordered some of their pci powered risers. haven't received them yet.

The panto ones I got before work great but they were out of stock this time

So what's the difference between vertical and horizontal pcie connectors? Besides the orientation...any hazard?

Panto is great...using them now..they are horizontal. Why do they say "caution without 90 degrees"?