Modded Bios Thread / RX4xx and RX 5xx / 4 & 8GB Models

Comments

• wiloswilos Member Posts: 6
    PoonHound said:

Took me from 24.8 to 28.8 (give it take) 16% increase on average.

Would you share this bios with us?
  • tvktvk Member Posts: 3
    +1 Share this bios with us, please.

And congratulation to eonezzz !

• seanbw1609seanbw1609 Member Posts: 19
    wilos said:

@seanbw1609 what tools do yo use to create your own bios mods?

@wilos Sorry I am late to respond. I have never created a bios. I just copied one I found on the forum but since I have mothballed my gpu until I have my head straight and my priorities sorted. I think it was Boysie but I later found it was for reference cards only.
    I think I will make a deal with someone like @eonezzz who can hold my hand. See I don't mind paying if I know I will get what i want.
  • eonezzzeonezzz Member Posts: 34

wilos said:

@seanbw1609 what tools do yo use to create your own bios mods?

@wilos Sorry I am late to respond. I have never created a bios. I just copied one I found on the forum but since I have mothballed my gpu until I have my head straight and my priorities sorted. I think it was Boysie but I later found it was for reference cards only.
    I think I will make a deal with someone like @eonezzz who can hold my hand. See I don't mind paying if I know I will get what i want.
    msg me and we can sort something out.
  • listmanlistman Member Posts: 51
    refv436 said:

@eonezzz were you using the MSI 8GB OC Armor cards by any chance? I am running 2 of these cards and am having trouble finding a BIOS for these non reference cards. I am getting 24.7 MH/S @ factory settings. Shall I just use Polaris to increase the Memory MHZ and undervolt?

It seems like the slightest change in Afterburner or wattman will cause my miner (claymore) to shut down within seconds of starting it. Having some challenges modding these settings.

Any help on these MSI RX 480 ARMOR 8G OC 8GB is appreciated. Thank You.

edited: im getting 24.7 MH/S @ factory.

Im getting 24.3 on my msi rx 480 4gb armor, any luck getting a better rate on your 8gb? Has anyone shared a bios mod for the armor series? samsung mem btw . If anyone has some pointers I would be happy to share one if I get good results.
    listman said:

refv436 said:

@eonezzz were you using the MSI 8GB OC Armor cards by any chance? I am running 2 of these cards and am having trouble finding a BIOS for these non reference cards. I am getting 24.7 MH/S @ factory settings. Shall I just use Polaris to increase the Memory MHZ and undervolt?

It seems like the slightest change in Afterburner or wattman will cause my miner (claymore) to shut down within seconds of starting it. Having some challenges modding these settings.

Any help on these MSI RX 480 ARMOR 8G OC 8GB is appreciated. Thank You.

edited: im getting 24.7 MH/S @ factory.

Im getting 24.3 on my msi rx 480 4gb armor, any luck getting a better rate on your 8gb? Has anyone shared a bios mod for the armor series? samsung mem btw . If anyone has some pointers I would be happy to share one if I get good results.
    I can try something, msg me with teamviewer info to see if we can crank it up.
    Ok just to clear things out, since this thread i had a huge amount of people PMing me about doing work for them. Please can you keep it simple.

I only mod or work on ATI Cards, RX 400 Series, from 4gb to 8gb.

If you wish me to do any work for you, i need the following :

Teamviewer
    ATIFlash
    wattools
    Polaris Editor

Please have these preinstalled - to save time.

I have a few driver versions that i use - that i have tested with my own rigs and that work!

Since this has now become a interest - i am devoting alot of time to help people.

I have started to fund a donation pool where i want to buy more new GPU's where i can test and release free bios mods for the future.

If your willing to donate to this - this would be awesome, alot of you have donated to me personally for my time which i am thankful for ! I dont like asking for payment since i never know how much to charge nor do i want to make a static number - so i decided to make a donation pool for more gpus and testing which goes in the benefit for all of us.

I use Skype to communicate, please if your interested send me an message with your skype and i will add you.

• ethan92492ethan92492 Member Posts: 2
    After I commented here, @eonezzz reached out to me in a private mail asking if I'd like help with setting up my rig. A couple days later, after a lot of frustration, I decided to take him up on the offer and he was so helpful! We bumped my RX480 from 21mH/s to a stable 29 and shaved 50 watts off! Thanks for all the help, eonezzz!
    Can a mod add RX 470 to the title please? ( MSI RX 480 4GB + MSI RX 480 8GB + MSI RX 470 )
  • MrN1ce9uyMrN1ce9uy Member Posts: 190 ✭✭
    I have an MSI RX 480 4GB Reference on the way. Will it be capable of 29MH/s?
    pm me with your skype name we can try :)
  • LukasixLukasix Member Posts: 7
    He helped me as well with my 2 Rx480s and i have to say that im more than pleased with the result. Even the power consumption went from 120 to 80 and that is in my opinion very impressive. Thnak you
  • HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    edited March 2017
    Ok, lets mingle in this thread.

Purely custom timings, no copy pasting crap.

Example of 6X 480 8G running at 186+Mh consuming just around 800 watt ATW entire system.

And here's an example of a 480 4G Hynix doing 30+ at core clock 1135, not even undervolted to it's max.

Greetings!
  • CryptomaCryptoma Member Posts: 12
    I have a Msi gaming x rx 470 8gb but it's micron, i tried copying 1500 straps up to 2000but it wasn't stable, now running one on stock and one on 1750 up to 2000, the cards can barely get 25.5 on 70w nothing more, one of them s running on 1850mhz and one on 1750mhz ram clock, anyone got any idea how to get a little more juice out of them?
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Heliox said:

Example of 6X 480 8G running at 186+Mh consuming just around 800 watt ATW entire system.

And here's an example of a 480 4G Hynix doing 30+ at core clock 1135, not even undervolted to it's max.

Greetings!

Do you base your custom hynix timing off the 1750 strap? I dont know how else you can get hynix to 2100. My "custom" strap based off 1625 only gets to me 2000 stable with hynix (unstable at 2025)
  • acv987acv987 Member Posts: 2
    Heliox said:

Greetings!

What cards are you using?
    acv987 said:

Heliox said:

Greetings!

What cards are you using?
    6 x 480 8G Nitro+

Second picture is a 480 4G non nitro.

Greetings!
  • drRobertdrRobert Member Posts: 35
    What software do you use to mine eth on window? atm i use ethminer
    drRobert said:

What software do you use to mine eth on window? atm i use ethminer

Either Claymore to benchmark or sgminer.
  • DepinkDepink Member Posts: 1
    Hi all! I'm alredy done reading this thread and have a lot of usefull information.

First of all, I want to thank @eonezzz for his job... Looks so amazing.

Second, I need to comment that I have a Sapphire Nitro RX480 OC 4GB (non "plus") and I couldn't find any way for this configuration (every one was for Nitro+, for8GB version, for MSI Gaming X...). The problem is that I don't understand the real difference between all versions, what's needed to modify (I mean about the timings, clocks and those things) and what those options really mean :9 (yep, I'm really noobie in this world, even I alredy read a lot...).

Third, I'm looking that everyone mines under Windows (must I suppose that better 10 than 7?). Why this option is better than ethOS? (and I don't mean that is just executing a .bat file instead a command line interface...) Is there any real benefits by using claymore under Windows instead linux?

Lots of questions... :blush: Thanks for all your work! Noobies are learning a lot thanks to you! :tongue:
  • narba88narba88 Member Posts: 85
    Alright, not looking for the answers but I literally stayed up all night working on tweaking my damn card to get a better hash rate. I was up until 3am; I had to be up @ 6am. Im running MSI RX 480 4GB Gaming X. 21-22 is my max hash; I was able to take power consumption from 135w to about 78w (GPU-Z).

My coworker swears I cant break 25 with these cards. You guys are proof its doable. I tried several of the outlines people had posted as well as tried tweaking it on my own.

Which settings do i want to tweak to get the hash rate up?

I have several of those cards, 2 with samsung mem and 3 with hynix, my samsung get 27, my hynix get 23. I know I can get better with the hynix but things were getting unstable and well its just a pain having 2 different cards if you ask me, I want to adjust them all at the same time not 1 by 1 thats why I havent messed with it much. That being said im getting 28 out of my rx 470's so im going back to mess with the 480's tonight. going to try 1500 > 1750 & 2000, 1425 > 1625, 1375 > 1425 and 1500 and change tdp to 100 then my settings should be core voltage(mV) -30 clock core (Mhz) 1000 Mem clock (MHz) 1950 or 1975 - thats about the area that has been working, hynix cards get touchy at 1950

Hi @eonezzz,

Like @jotay, I'm also looking for instructions on how to mod my MSI RX 480 4GB to get 29 MH/s like you. Out of the box I'm just getting 22.

Any luck yet? Im getting the 22 out of the box but ive managed to get to 78-80w with 95-100% load. maintaining 55C
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    i get 27mh on my msi 480 4gb
    i copied the 1625 straps up? the strap above the 1500
    the 1st time i did the 1500 and didnt get any results but that was with like the 1st version of polaris bios editor

pretty much all my 480s and 470s i run at 1075 core and +200 on mem or w/e is stable
    i think the mem controllers degrade after time or just from pushing the timings we do cuz that +200 isnt stable on cards it was in the beginning
    And I would love to see and try out Heliox bios for my hynix cards lol
    @listman So far my first one is Hynix; I have 2 more coming from the same supplier; all purchased within 2-3 days of eachother. One can only hope I can keep them all the same.

Are you guys using wattman? I felt like the GUI was nice but the im wondering about MSI Afterburner?

Im crashing at 1850mhz on the memory. I imagine though because my settings are all out of whack.
    cidmo said:

i get 27mh on my msi 480 4gb
    i copied the 1625 straps up? the strap above the 1500
    the 1st time i did the 1500 and didnt get any results but that was with like the 1st version of polaris bios editor

pretty much all my 480s and 470s i run at 1075 core and +200 on mem or w/e is stable
    i think the mem controllers degrade after time or just from pushing the timings we do cuz that +200 isnt stable on cards it was in the beginning

What memory? that sounds like samsung mem to me
    Great to see the thread being useful.

:)

ETH WALLET : 0xcf26c0a1041777d58c72e75a50528ede06e6b0cc
  • thepixelgeekthepixelgeek PhillyMember Posts: 96
    Hey All...if you need help fine tuning your cards... @eonezzz is brilliant.

He helped me tweak my settings to achieve not only stability, but reduced my watts at the wall by 30W while keeping the same hash.

@eonezzz is fast, efficient and knowledgeable. Most of all, super nice to work with. Didn't feel rushed and was able to learn something in the process.

Be sure to tip for the workmanship...It's worth it!
    listman said:

And I would love to see and try out Heliox bios for my hynix cards lol

New Pandaminer B3's have 8x 470 4G with Hynix mem. Already got those over 30Mh and less consumption than they did before :)

Simple copy paste method of the 1500 strap gives 28.5Mh.

Greetings!