The riser question, what should i get for EP43-DS3L, EVGA Supernova G2 850W, 4 X RX470 4GB Nitro OC

Crypto_RigCrypto_Rig Member Posts: 5
edited March 2017 in Mining
hello i'm currently in the process of building a 4 RX 470 mining rig

this is going to be it :

EP43-DS3L
Pentium Dual core e5700 3GHZ
4GB DDR2 800Mhz Ram
EVGA Supernova G2 850W
4xRX470 4GB Nitro
80GB Sata Drive

now the only thing that i'm not sure of is which riser will work best for this setup ? i heard using those Sata to Molex connectors that come with risers are a big no no.

also has anybody used this mobo (or a comparable one) with usb risers in a mining rig ? the reason for this platform build is because i can get those parts used very very cheap, around 20$ only ( Motherboard, Processor, Ram, HDD)

it's also worth mentioning that i already have a punch of usb ver 003 risers laying around, are they ok for RX 470s ? but i was mainly looking to buy those new ver 006c 6pin usb risers but not sure if they will offer any benefit compared to the ver 003 molex ones

if i end up using the ver 003 molex risers which way would be the most optimal to connect them to the powersupply without risking any burning or melting stuff ?

and if i order the 6pin ver 006c risers what should i order with it to avoid ending up using the bundled sata to 6pin connector that comes with it ?

Comments