How do I start mining from A to Z

Zikooamalou7Zikooamalou7 Member Posts: 15
First, this question may be posed anyone like me and I think he is looking for in a purely Hada question engines have some questions Is it possible to answer them I've read many of Almqlat I did not convince me
1 * What kind of the best cards
2 * What is the difference between them
3 * The price of each card and hash
4 * Throughput required online
5 * How to save energy
6 * Used software
7 * How to analyze the results

--You can add additional questions or answers to this topic Questions--

Comments

• wirelessnet2wirelessnet2 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    figure it out yourself. No one is in the position to answer all that. RX 480/470 are the best cards right now, claymore and genoil are the software giants for windows. Go experiment by yourself for everything else. Learn how to do it, otherwise you're not worthy of it. Everyone thinks mining is free and easy money. No, fuck that. You have to have a passion to manage hot, large, power hungry rigs. Have a passion to build computers. To tinker with software and firmware. Mod hardware. Fabricate designs. Don't end up as one of those annoying-ass people that are spamming forums with literally every question because they never learned shit about even basic computer building. That is a PRE-REQUISITE. Go learn how hardware interacts with each other. Know how power is distributed. Know how data lines are connected. I'm not even 15 years old and I manage a small 20 GPU farm for fun. You know how? I love computers. I built my personal rig back two years ago. I love tinkering with hardware. Chasing benchmark records (I have a Thermoelectric-chilled custom benchmark loop). I like modding BIOSes and seeing rows upon rows of GPUs running loud and hot, knowing all the little transistors are there crunching numbers and the VRMs are switching hundreds of amps of +12v. Thats the kind of passion you need for mining. Otherwise... its just going to be a huge pain in the ass. The rigs can be unstable and crash all over the place. You're going to hate it. I guarantee it. You'd be better off investing.
    This is not necessarily directed at you, but all the "anyone like me"s of the world.
  • Zikooamalou7Zikooamalou7 Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2017

figure it out yourself. No one is in the position to answer all that. RX 480/470 are the best cards right now, claymore and genoil are the software giants for windows. Go experiment by yourself for everything else. Learn how to do it, otherwise you're not worthy of it. Everyone thinks mining is free and easy money. No, fuck that. You have to have a passion to manage hot, large, power hungry rigs. Have a passion to build computers. To tinker with software and firmware. Mod hardware. Fabricate designs. Don't end up as one of those annoying-ass people that are spamming forums with literally every question because they never learned shit about even basic computer building. That is a PRE-REQUISITE. Go learn how hardware interacts with each other. Know how power is distributed. Know how data lines are connected. I'm not even 15 years old and I manage a small 20 GPU farm for fun. You know how? I love computers. I built my personal rig back two years ago. I love tinkering with hardware. Chasing benchmark records (I have a Thermoelectric-chilled custom benchmark loop). I like modding BIOSes and seeing rows upon rows of GPUs running loud and hot, knowing all the little transistors are there crunching numbers and the VRMs are switching hundreds of amps of +12v. Thats the kind of passion you need for mining. Otherwise... its just going to be a huge pain in the ass. The rigs can be unstable and crash all over the place. You're going to hate it. I guarantee it. You'd be better off investing.
    This is not necessarily directed at you, but all the "anyone like me"s of the world.

Thank for your comment and your comment but Duty as far as the question Brevity is the soul of wit
  • wirelessnet2wirelessnet2 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    @Zikooamalou7alright, whatever floats your boat.
    Thats as much as I can help you. "efficiency" varies drastically depending on ASIC quality and quality of other ICs. I have an R9 390 that has a better MH/W rating than a RX 480 I have (390 has super high ASIC, RX 480 has super low ASIC and is bound to a memory subsystem that clocks like shit).
    How to save energy? undervolt and underclock.
    Price of card? Varies drastically depending on time of year, stock, demand, life cycle, where you are located, etc.
    Hash? Depends on how well the card clocks and what BIOS is on it.
    How to analyze? common sense. Are you making profit? Are you stressed to hell? self explanatory.
    you see, we really can't help you much. You have to learn how to deal with silicon yourself. You start learning boundaries (voltage, clock, temperature), and you learn how to master it
    its almost impossible to guide someone though it. Everyone's cards are different.
  • Zikooamalou7Zikooamalou7 Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2017
    @wirelessnet2
    Thank for this info
    I asked these questions because I intend to do I open a special site eth mining cloud I have experience in the field of Hada I just want to make sure my information, I persist later I will remain a seeker of knowledge(student)
  • ciprianptciprianpt Member Posts: 219 ✭✭
    take look here, you can find almost everything you need http://1stminingrig.com/tutorial-ethereum-mining-rig-part-1/

As for GPU ill recommend, Sapphire Nitro RX 470 4GB!