Exchange between two peers

Can Alice exchange 10 alice_coin by 15 bob_coin ? (Alice_coin ans bob_coin are ethereum subcurrencies)
Is there a possibility that the transaction is 'ok' without Alice trust Bob or Bob trust Alice ? I mean can Alice propose the transaction to Bob, but Bob still have the choice to accept or refuse it.

Comments

• mids106mids106 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    @Miss_Taggart‌ yes, Alice could escrow her coins to the contract which would then be released upon acceptance (or returned after a refusal or expiration of the offer).
  • Miss_TaggartMiss_Taggart Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for your answer mids106.
    Can you be mort explicit technically ? I mean how this can be implemented in a client application to be easy for Alice and Bob by just 2 click to validate the exchange (without creating a contract with a complex language) ?
    One more question :) Can I suppose that is it possible by the same way to exchange 5 alice_coin and 5 franco_coin by 15 bob_coin ?
  • mids106mids106 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    @Miss_Taggart‌ you'll need to create a contract for facilitating such exchanges, or use an existing one. There will be various currency exchange platforms for you to use, so don't worry about having to create one yourself (although you could!). EtherEx is an example of such a decentralized exchange platform in active development: https://github.com/etherex/etherex

More complex exchanges without requiring trust are possible, however these are less likely to be readily available out of the box.
    @mids106 my goal is not to use etherex, I want to create mine. I wish you would tell me what language I should learn to create a client like etherex ( I am electrical engineer and I use sometimes C and python )
    And which literature on Ethereum I should read ?
    Thank you very much
  • JasperJasper Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    You can even do "if i do this transaction for you, then you do that one for me". With even across different chains. (Tried to do this in tx-swap, in response to the counterparty Ethereum clone, but that is hung up on a bug i cant seem to figure out)
    @Jasper Ok thanks for the information. Good cheer and hope that it will works perfectly soon. Can you please advise me what I need to learn to code a kind of this application until you have finished ?