ASRock H170 Pro4S 5gpu detect but only 2 works

jsanzspjsanzsp Member Posts: 195 ✭✭

Anyone with this board can run the 5 gpu ??

If I connect the 5 detect 5 but only work 2, the maximum I could have been 3 gpu.

I have tried

Pci gen 1-2-3
Latest bios update.
Max TOLUD = 3.5Gb (wont start)

In the forum there are users who have it and it works with 5 gpu.

Any suggestions @newtechz

Comments

• workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    It should be possible to use all the ports at the same time on this mobo - there are no shared slots or whatnot according to the manual.

When you say "5 detected but only 2 work", what do you mean? Device manager shows them fine but they don't mine? Device manager shows the cards but with errors? Or device manager only shows 2 cards but all the fans spin?

What OS?
  • jsanzspjsanzsp Member Posts: 195 ✭✭
    work said:

It should be possible to use all the ports at the same time on this mobo - there are no shared slots or whatnot according to the manual.

When you say "5 detected but only 2 work", what do you mean? Device manager shows them fine but they don't mine? Device manager shows the cards but with errors? Or device manager only shows 2 cards but all the fans spin?

What OS?

work said:

What OS?

windows 10, device manager shows 5 gpu but 3 Unknown device, but they’ll sometimes have a more descriptive name (rx 480)
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried being patient and/or using update driver in device manager? That's pretty normal; as long as windows sees them, you should be able to get them recognized as the correct cards. On my only board with an H170 chipset (an MSI), leaving it sitting at login screen for about 10min eventually resulted in all GPUs running with drivers.

You can also try using DDU and then installing drivers again.

Worst case, reinstalling windows with all GPUs connected almost always works.
  • fabiofabio Member Posts: 5
    Just disable lan and audio and put 3.5gb. It worked for me on h170 pro4s yesterday.
    edited December 2016
    fabio said:

Just disable lan and audio and put 3.5gb. It worked for me on h170 pro4s yesterday.

Thanks I have already disabled the audio and lan,

Primary graphics adapter, is onboard or gpu?
    Primary is gpu.

You can't use risers on 2 x16 pci-e, use risers only on x1 pci-e
    fabio said:

Primary is gpu.

You can't use risers on 2 x16 pci-e, use risers only on x1 pci-e

is these option? when i put 3.5 system wont start, only shows black screen, but the cpu and gpu fans works
    edited December 2016
    I know, the same happened to me.
    Just reset the bios, and with only 1 gpu, put 3.5gb and disable lan and audio.
    fabio said:

I know, the same happened to me.
    Just reset the bios, and with only 1 gpu, put 3.5gb and disable lan and audio.

dont work i try with 1 gpu but shows black screen, thank you anyway