Do your 2GB still work on ETH?

2»

Comments

• misho93misho93 Member Posts: 25
    I try hd6950 it work on w7 but in windows 10 it not work in same OC and same miner
    2gb card will not stop to mining ETH if you use Claymore cuz it not use DAG file it load on system not on gpu
  • wirelessnet2wirelessnet2 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    @misho93 umm.. of course it loads it on the GPU. Or else it would be slow af and memory clocks and timings would be useless (which they arent)
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Weird. No idea why most of mine aren't working.

I use Windows 7 and 15.7 drivers

I have this in my BATCH file also

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

adaseb said:

Weird. No idea why most of mine aren't working.

I use Windows 7 and 15.7 drivers

I have this in my BATCH file also

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Try 14.41 or 14.4 it work and amd opencl sdk
  • sandal7sandal7 Member Posts: 14
    From yesterday or from today my 2x 2048 Mb Radeon HD 6990 wont mine anymore

A 6990 and a 6970 in a rig with two 7970s and a 290x
    MY HD 6xxx ARE STILL WORKING
    WHAT TF
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably need a primary GPU with >2GB, and -eres 0, then they should work still.
  • ethfanethfan Member Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    work said:

Probably need a primary GPU with >2GB, and -eres 0, then they should work still.

It also depends on the mobo. Ask me how I know :-)
  • wonderfullifewonderfullife Member Posts: 103
    edited December 2016
    So there are cards not working ? I have the latest drivers, I have 3 8gb 480s and one 2Gb strix 380. All on a gigabyte hd3p with z170 chipset. I thought I had to move the 380 to ZEC, but everything works fine.
    So what is stopping those cards from working?
    @wirelessnet2,
    With the epoch change a bunch of my 2GB cards failed. However, some did not. I run multiple rigs on various mobo ranging from the standard ProBTC (and other socket 1150's) to socket 775 to AM3(and AM2). Some started up again when I moved a >2GB card into slot 0 (with the 2GB's in the other slots). But only on some mobo. The same combination on another mobo would not work. All in all a fun day tearing down and building up rigs...
    Well yeah should be pretty obvious that you can't have one of these cards in slot 0. If it's in slot 0 then it is the primary display adapter and some vRAM will be used because of that fact, even if no display is connected. You can check this in MSI afterburner with its vRAM usage graph.

Well yeah should be pretty obvious that you can't have one of these cards in slot 0. If it's in slot 0 then it is the primary display adapter and some vRAM will be used because of that fact, even if no display is connected. You can check this in MSI afterburner with its vRAM usage graph.

Of course. Correct GPU in slot 0 is a no-brainer.

The point I am making is that even having a 3 or 4 GB card there will not work in some motherboards.
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yeah I don't think having the 2GB card in Slot 0 makes a difference.

Out of boredom I tried an old Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AM3 motherboard, put a 7850 2gb in Slot 0 and it WORKS!

No idea why it works for some while others not...
  • ursul0ursul0 Member Posts: 54
    misho93 said:

2gb card will not stop to mining ETH if you use Claymore cuz it not use DAG file it load on system not on gpu

supposedly it doesn't create a DAG FILE, but it creates DAG in GPU memory.
  • LogicaluserLogicaluser Member Posts: 214 ✭✭
    @adaseb I'm not sure the exact cause, but different rigs/system configurations seem to offer slightly different amounts of available GPU memory.

I've noticed much as you did in the past, with an issue cropping up first on just a couple rigs, then appearing on many more with each subsequent epoch.

And all this on Win7 x64 using identical AMD driver versions