Google's new programming language might be the answer for your web development nightmare.

NurAzharNurAzhar Member Posts: 4
"Today, I think that the best investment for any Web developer is to start learning Dart. Why?

As a developer and a retired university professor, for the first time in my long career, I can do the following with Dart:

I can use Dart both on the client and on the server.

With Dart, I can apply both object-oriented and functional way of programming.

I can develop in Dart and deploy applications in JavaScript.

I can be a productive developer with many Dart tools and libraries, and get a very good performance in either Dart applications or their JavaScript versions.

I can start developing a prototype without data types and introduce them when I need to convert the prototype to a deployable application.

I can use Dart for both synchronous and asynchronous programming.

I can use many publicly available packages and reuse their libraries.

I can be a web engineer on the client-side and a software engineer on the server-side, with the same language and many reusable libraries."

https://www.dartlang.org/

Comments

• JasperJasper Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    Yet another language :/... Couldnt javascript be used on both browsers and on nodejs? That said, think javascript is a bit messy language.

And none of them languages is a lisp. AST trees are their precious, and no-one can touch it!

Been a while since i used it, but my vote is for Julia.. wish it compiled to binary and javascript.(or compiled to something that compiles to binary) Doesnt have them interfaces golang has, well maybe you can, because all the functions are overloaded, but half the point of the interfaces is that it is predeclared.
  • xcthulhuxcthulhu Member Posts: 3
    Jasper said:

Yet another language :/... Couldnt javascript be used on both browsers and on nodejs? That said, think javascript is a bit messy language.

That's what the industry largely does.
    Jasper said:

And none of them languages is a lisp. AST trees are their precious, and no-one can touch it!

:agree:

Maybe clojurescript is the right choice?
  • PaleusPaleus Member Posts: 7
    I'm very interested in the Dart language and plan on learning it full-steam in the near future. Node.js is no substitute for a standardized language which handles client and server-side functions. Also, Node.js has some serious security holes for someone who is building a 21st century application on a 90s scripting language.
  • eaglgenes101eaglgenes101 Member Posts: 43
    Maybe some sort of language-agnostic bytecode (maybe ethereum vm bytecode, perhaps) used as the ethereum webpage language? Then we could go around all these flamewars...