Ethereum Mining Pool Hub - 0% Fee, pays all kind of mining rewards, supports all miner programs

Comments

• miningpoolhubminingpoolhub Member Posts: 308 ✭✭
    ImAMiner? said:

Maybe you could just fork wolf0's genesis sgminer (you and he both forked from nicehash) and add what you need or get wolf0 to add --no-retry.

Yeah. I'll try both.
    Thanks.
    edited November 2016
    vlcmstne said:

Well it looks like claymore added it lol now I can't figure out how to get miner to work, can anyone show me a example bat I got the miners to run but each keep timing out zec not auth and eth just timing out tried all coins and all pools options

Edit:
    I think I really just need to see and example config for claymore to MPH I got the loop to work but must be something with my commands or something

Edit:

Nvm, I figured it out lol

I tried it with below commandline. (I just added -retrydelay option at the end. username.workername modified)

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us-east.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:12020 -ewal username.workername -eworker username.workername -esm 2 -epsw x -allpools 1 -allcoins 1 -retrydelay -1

It's easy to test. Just point "ethash" as job at first and change it to other job when it's mining and see if it quits.

But when I tested, it quits itself far lately even after disconnected. I don't think it's expected behavior.
    Seems like it just quits when it finds that shares are not accepted for a long time.

Maybe I have set something wrong?
  • vlcmstnevlcmstne Member Posts: 119
    I didn't try too much testing but i have seen it switch a few times now without a hiccup I think I used the same command line you did but maybe I need to watch it closer, on a side note how do the balances work? The page has Credited, Credited for auto-exchange and on exchange but i can't seem to understand what the system is doing based on the note to the right
    edited November 2016
    kicks over after 10 minutes of pool not accepting shares, i wonder if there is a way to shorten that timer.
    vlcmstne said:

I didn't try too much testing but i have seen it switch a few times now without a hiccup I think I used the same command line you did but maybe I need to watch it closer, on a side note how do the balances work? The page has Credited, Credited for auto-exchange and on exchange but i can't seem to understand what the system is doing based on the note to the right

If you have set auto exchange coin, then your fresh new mined coins will go into 'Credited for Auto Exchange' column.
    If not, it will go 'Credited'. It's just normal wallet like other pools. 'Credited' account number stays until you withdraw them.

'Credited for Auto Exchange' is reserved for auto exchange, it will go to exchange site and exchanged, come back to exchange target pool.
    For example if you mine ETH, and set auto exchange coin as BTC then numbers will change in this order.
    'Credited for Auto Exchange (ETH)' -> 'On Exchange (ETH)' -> 'Credited (BTC)'
    After this, you can withdraw BTC from bitcoin mining pool hub.
    edited November 2016
    vlcmstne said:

kicks over after 10 minutes of pool not accepting shares, i wonder if there is a way to shorten that timer.

Yeah that is what I've experienced too.
    I'll contact claymore.
    You know what i'm noticing the same thing happen with his ZEC miner too, not sure if he included the ability to drop the program after shares aren't accepted it's just timing out, if you talk to him I think if he could add the ability to reduce the timeout time (currently 10 min) it would work well.
    vlcmstne said:

You know what i'm noticing the same thing happen with his ZEC miner too, not sure if he included the ability to drop the program after shares aren't accepted it's just timing out, if you talk to him I think if he could add the ability to reduce the timeout time (currently 10 min) it would work well.

I contacted claymore with this issue.
    I haven't got any reply yet but I believe he is working on it already. He's quite diligent dev AFAIK.
    Ya he seems like he's on top of his shit lol
  • glenn_txglenn_tx Member Posts: 67
    This may be a stupid question, but I've been crunching the numbers every which way I can and still come up with the same result. Does your normalized profitability for zcash (ZEC) take into consideration the 20% Founders Fee? If I assume you are NOT taking it into consideration, then your profitability rankings make sense. If you tell me that you ARE taking it into consideration, then I can't figure out where you are getting your numbers. It appears to me that ZCL is more profitable, if the 20% is taken out of ZEC. Thank you for any feedback provided.
    glenn_tx said:

This may be a stupid question, but I've been crunching the numbers every which way I can and still come up with the same result. Does your normalized profitability for zcash (ZEC) take into consideration the 20% Founders Fee? If I assume you are NOT taking it into consideration, then your profitability rankings make sense. If you tell me that you ARE taking it into consideration, then I can't figure out where you are getting your numbers. It appears to me that ZCL is more profitable, if the 20% is taken out of ZEC. Thank you for any feedback provided.

Of course I consider 20% founder's fee.
    I just calculate them by coin's current difficulty level, coin price, coin reward.

Zcash is more profitable in here too. http://whattomine.com/
    DB server upgrade completed.

Sorry for inconvenience.
    Ethereum hardfork succeeded.
    Payout was paused about 20 minutes, and it's resumed again.
  • scavernscavern Member Posts: 4
    I can't wrap my head around this algo switching. Say if I am mining daggerhashimoto, and it is no longer profitable, does that mean the mining will stop?
    edited November 2016
    For daggerhash yes unless you use multialgo switching then it might be another coin same alook like eth vs etc.

But if you run miner programs in a bat file loop it will cycle through until it finds the port that says ok mine here with whatever that algo and port may be per The pool
    edited November 2016
    But what I am wondering is if auto switching is more profitable just because, isn't pool PPLNS? Does that jumping around end up hurting you?

Would almost be nice to have like a total payed to user data point to verify output and check performance over time
    Post edited by vlcmstne on
    vlcmstne said:

But what I am wondering is if auto switching is more profitable just because, isn't pool PPLNS? Does that jumping around end up hurting you?

Would almost be nice to have like a total payed to user data point to verify output and check performance over time

Yeah, this is PPLNS pool.
    PPLNS policy is not same among pools.

You get credits even you left and jump to other pool on miningpoolhub.
    This makes quite fair, doesn't penalty or favor each miners. They get how much they contributed.

I personally tracked, tested these figures with real miner.
    One for multi algo switching, and one for the other.
    And I found that jumping really doesn't hurt profit. It usually gets more by switching.
    edited November 2016
    Deleted
    Post edited by vlcmstne on
  • maxmad_xmaxmad_x Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2016
    hello, a new member here
    Thank you for starting potentially the best pool around in terms of flexibility. But I am puzzled on how to direct my rigs for ZEC/ZCL equihash mining for autoswitch according to the best profitability between the two.

Here is what I am using with Claymore dual miner V8. Can someone please tell me whether whatever I am doing is the most profitable?

ZecMiner64.exe
    -zpool us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17023
    -zwal maxmad.max1
    -zpsw x
    -allcoins 1

I have set my hubworkers like this

And set auto exchange coin here

Whatver I have done so far, is it correct? or what am I missing. Thank you in advance.
    I see someone has explained ETH/ETC/Expanse before in the similar way but noone has explained exacts for auto switching ZCL/ZEC. So Kindly let me know.

UPDATE:

The port actually mined zclassic and Zcash for some time. Thats a good sign
    Post edited by maxmad_x on
    maxmad_x said:

hello, a new member here
    Thank you for starting potentially the best pool around in terms of flexibility. But I am puzzled on how to direct my rigs for ZEC/ZCL equihash mining for autoswitch according to the best profitability between the two.

Here is what I am using with Claymore dual miner V8. Can someone please tell me whether whatever I am doing is the most profitable?

ZecMiner64.exe
    -zpool us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17023
    -zwal maxmad.max1
    -zpsw x
    -allcoins 1

I have set my hubworkers like this

And set auto exchange coin here

Whatver I have done so far, is it correct? or what am I missing. Thank you in advance.
    I see someone has explained ETH/ETC/Expanse before in the similar way but noone has explained exacts for auto switching ZCL/ZEC. So Kindly let me know.

UPDATE:

The port actually mined zclassic and Zcash for some time. Thats a good sign

You pointed to 17023, so you are doing auto switching already.
    No need to set miner jobs at hub workers page actually. (17023 port just ignores settings from hub workers)

FYI, you need to set miner jobs when you point rigs at 12023.
    17023 is some shortcut to "12023 + equihash" for easier settings.

I think I'd better draw some diagram for better instruction. I agree it's complicated.

Just keep mining like this. You are using auto switching currently.
    thank for replaying @miningpoolhub I expored ETH/ETC/Expanse mining too. Those settings were a bit of pain on claymore dual miner -ewal -eworker both needed to be username.workername and -epsw x/anything -port 17020 -allcoins 1 -allpools 1 were necessary to get it started.
    Do these look correct?
    maxmad_x said:

thank for replaying @miningpoolhub I expored ETH/ETC/Expanse mining too. Those settings were a bit of pain on claymore dual miner -ewal -eworker both needed to be username.workername and -epsw x/anything -port 17020 -allcoins 1 -allpools 1 were necessary to get it started.
    Do these look correct?

Yeah. Seems correct.
    Thanx @miningpoolhub one more suggestion. Can you please increase frequency of assessment of profitability for equihash algorithm? I see that ethash gets calculated much more often but zcash and zclassic get assessed each 2 hours. These days profitability changes pretty fast so it will be good to know if I should point my rigs to equihash or ethash.
    Thank you so much for all of your aweosme work
    maxmad_x said:

Thanx @miningpoolhub one more suggestion. Can you please increase frequency of assessment of profitability for equihash algorithm? I see that ethash gets calculated much more often but zcash and zclassic get assessed each 2 hours. These days profitability changes pretty fast so it will be good to know if I should point my rigs to equihash or ethash.

These numbers are updated 3~5 minutes interval.
    I'll check if there were some delay.

maxmad_x said:

The numbers on whattomine / coinwarz for newer cards such as RX480 differ a lot that your assessment too. IT will be great to have different profiles of the algorithms specifically made for different card generations. R9s and RX series in AMD can go approximately with similar calculations but for 380s and 370s Zcash profitability vastly differs as compared to ETH. It will be great if the normalized profits are getting calculated according to at least these generations of cards.

Once again, I have too many of these demands but I believe that only miningpoolhub has this much versatile way of handling mining. I am glad that you are doing it.
    Thank you so much
    -M
    edited December 2016
    maxmad_x said:

maxmad_x said:

The numbers on whattomine / coinwarz for newer cards such as RX480 differ a lot that your assessment too. IT will be great to have different profiles of the algorithms specifically made for different card generations. R9s and RX series in AMD can go approximately with similar calculations but for 380s and 370s Zcash profitability vastly differs as compared to ETH. It will be great if the normalized profits are getting calculated according to at least these generations of cards.

Once again, I have too many of these demands but I believe that only miningpoolhub has this much versatile way of handling mining. I am glad that you are doing it.
    Thank you so much
    -M
    Thank you for precious suggestion.
    I think I have to add legacy AMD card switching.

Or maybe some more smart way of auto switching would be good. Something like.. to measure hashrate before mining and automatically switches on client side.

I'll consider both things.
    Post edited by miningpoolhub on

maxmad_x said:

maxmad_x said:

Thank you so much
    -M

Or maybe some more smart way of auto switching would be good. Something like.. to measure hashrate before mining and automatically switches on client side.

Dude, you are awesome. I like this pool because of the interaction between you and me. I am not taking my business anywhere (although its measly 13 gfx cards).

An idea will be to add a new tab where users can write down the power consumption and hashrate for the algorithms using the softwares that they use. Exactly the same way whattomine works.

A personalized pool switching for each miner will even keep too many miners switching from currency to currency as well as algo to algo. Thus spreading network difficulty and helping sudden spike in difficulty too.

maxmad_x said:

maxmad_x said:

maxmad_x said:

Thank you so much
    -M

Dude, you are awesome. I like this pool because of the interaction between you and me. I am not taking my business anywhere (although its measly 13 gfx cards).

An idea will be to add a new tab where users can write down the power consumption and hashrate for the algorithms using the softwares that they use. Exactly the same way whattomine works.

A personalized pool switching for each miner will even keep too many miners switching from currency to currency as well as algo to algo. Thus spreading network difficulty and helping sudden spike in difficulty too.

Thank you.

I'm considering both ways as they have pros and cons.
    It's hard to say that well-optimized settings are always better actually. Sometimes it's better to cherry pick low difficulty coin quickly and hop to other coin to maximize profitability which needs massive focused hashrate.

I'll think about it and announce it shortly.
  • shutfushutfu Member Posts: 320 ✭✭
    ive been mining with you for a year, but it has been awhile since I have bothered you. Are there any decred pools that you suggest for my dual mining along with eth since you dont have one?