Giving up mining! Show must go on!

CalivetCalivet Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
I have sold most of my rigs due to electricity cost versus profitability. I have one last rig that I am going to part out or if anyone is interested Sell as a whole (without the frame of course).

Here is what I have:

2 Sapphire Rx 480 Ref 8gb
1 MSI Rx 480 Ref 8 gb
1 XfX Rx 480 Ref 8 gb
2 Sapphire Rx 470 4 gb OC
h97 anniversary board with intel celeron L1150 socket I think it's the 1820 or 1840
2 sticks of Hyper X 4gb RAM
1050w EVA GOLD PSU
1 320 gb Western Digital HD

Shoot me a message if your interested and include your offer. I'll accept btc and verified paypal as some forms of payment.

Comments

• adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Surprised you are selling now. ETH and ZEC make it slightly more profitable then back in October.
  • CalivetCalivet Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    Yeah but the cost of electricity is still high where I live. I wish it was cheap like other states otherwise I would just keep mining.

Here are a couple of pictures. I can throw in the frame for free but it will cost you at least a 100 for shipping. Thanks for looking.
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    Pm me price and location!!!!!
    I have answered you back.
  • VorlianVorlian Member Posts: 5
    The reason for mining its not make profits right away. This suppose to make you rich after 5+ Years when price increases to the sky.... that's how you should think for mining. i had 0.45 BTC i sold them for 150$ when price was like 300$ for BTC if i kept them by now i would had 300$ not 150$....
  • vlcmstnevlcmstne Member Posts: 119
    Pm me price and location as well please
  • prodigy2006prodigy2006 Member Posts: 15
    price and location plz!
    $2500 is a bit steep, that is brand new prices and beyond for used equipment
  • AggressionsAggressions United StatesMember Posts: 11
    I have an expert on these rigs, let me call him and see what he says but right now the best i can offer is 200 dollars and some pocket lint. Because i have to make a profit too.... lol jokes aside. Ether is low and I'm barely making enough to pay the electrical usage but i will continue mining and hope you sell your stuff quick.
    edited November 2016
    I don't think I ever saw a "used mining rig" ad which wasn't a rip off or basically equal to retail cost.

No idea why people are overcharging. 50-75% off retail is more than fair. GPUs hold up better in value than most cars, iphones, etc. But yet people think that others are dumb and will overpay.

Maybe if there was a GPU shortage then I would understand but selling used equipment with probably no warranty for same price as retail is just crazy.
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Vorlian said:

The reason for mining its not make profits right away. This suppose to make you rich after 5+ Years when price increases to the sky.... that's how you should think for mining. i had 0.45 BTC i sold them for 150$ when price was like 300$ for BTC if i kept them by now i would had 300$ not 150$....

That old nonsense makes no sense. You're talking about why you invest in crypto, not why you mine it. Mining is highly profitable, with full investment repayment possible in months. Mining and holding are entirely seperate businesses - don't try to convince yourself they are one and the same. They simply aren't. Sure holding crypto can turn out really well. But that's nothing to do with mining.

@adaseb totally agree. Nobody is going to sell you a working money-making machine for a fair price... With a single rig like the OP, his best bet is probably trying to resell individual pieces on craiglist or similar to gamers and average users. Any miner buying this stuff is downright crazy IMO.
    edited November 2016
    Sorry I've been out cold all day. Think i'm coming down with the flu. In my defense, I'm located in California and 2500 is my asking price. It is not set in stone. That price includes shipping cost. It will cost 200 to ship priority Which means you will get it in two days. It is plug and play. If you can find the same parts and build the same rig for cheaper, go ahead. I'm sure the only easy parts you will be able to find is the rx 470 4gb OC, the Hyper Fury X 4gb Ram, the intel celeron process, the WD 320 GB HD and the Evga gold 1050 psu. Good luck finding a H97 anniversary MB and Ref Rx 480 without costing you an arm and leg. Everything is already proven to work 24/7 no issues. All you have to do is assemble it. Turn it on, plug in your address. Everything is still under warranty. (All parts are less than 3 months old). All gpu will come with original packaging. PSU will also come in original packaging.

Here's the math for those who are saying it over price or a rip off.

2 rx 470 179 @neweggg
    Hyper Fury X 60 new, 50 use @ amazon
    WD HD 20 @ amazon
    EVGA 1050 PSU 136-189 @ amazon
    Intel Celeron 40-43 @ amazon.

All that new, i'll round down and say 594.

The motherboard and Rx ref models I'll round down again at 220 a piece. 4 rx 480 + h 97 mb (@ 220) = 1100.

that's 1694 total. Not including two day shipping. Ill round down to 200 for that. so 1894 total.

Let me remind you , you are not paying taxes when you buy from another person. You are also no spending numerous days installing operating system and other programs. Then you will try to find the sweet spot. You won't have to do all that. All the hard work, I have done already. Plug and play. As you veterans know, time is money when it comes to the mining game. How much is your time worth to you? The endless hours you spend working on your rig til it runs with no issues? That is why I asked for 2500 as a starting point. Like I said it is not set in stone. What I will say is that I will refuse to go lower than 1900 (at this price I would be giving you a perfect working rig for retail price). Then it would make no sense to sell a perfect plug and play mining rig at a such a huge loss.

Extras: As you can see in my pictures, I have molex adapters, molex to molex connections. Which is very important with the Ref 480 models.

Here are additional stats

Mining Eth @ avg 176 mh/s drawing 950 from the wall (estimate 300 a month)
    It will all depend on hard fork and the price after the hard fork.

Mining Zec @ avg 926 mh/s drawing 776 from the wall (estimate 300 a month) Also dependent of price after the 20 k block when block reward goes to 12 zec per block (2 for dev 10 for miner) (it is at 8 right now)
    Post edited by Calivet on
    edited November 2016
    Thank you to all those who were interested. I have pm you all. Just to make it clear. I live in California. My asking price is 2500 but it is not set in stone. Shoot me an offer. I will not go lower than 1900. Like I said at that price I will be giving away a perfect plug and play mining rig at less than Retail price. Thanks for taking the time to look at my post.
    So pretty much same as retail LOL, Why not buy from them and get full warranty, no headaches or hassles... Miners are funny sometimes
    edited November 2016
    What are you trying to say? That I'm funny or are you suggesting that I am trying to rip someone off? Haters and low ballers are sometimes funny too i guess. Yes it is kind of like the same as in buying retail but what is the ethereum community for then? Why not support your fellow miner before corporate america? Why are you trolling me? When you are trying to sell your outdated 6x r9 380 rig for 1500? Do you still have the warranty for all your GPU, PSU, MB, RAM like I do on my rig?

As I can see @theneogeo1982 , you are trying to sell your 6 r9 380 4gb for 1500. 125 mh/s for 1500? You sir are also funny. Trolling my post.

For 1500 retail.
    I can set up a 6 x rx 470 4gb OC. 176 x 6 = 1056
    Biostar T85 MB 100
    EVGA 1050 PSU 136
    Hyper Fury X 2 x 4gb Ram 60
    WD HD 320 g 20
    Intel Celeron 40

Total 1412.

My hash rate would be 162 mh/s drawing roughly 800 watts from the wall. That would be with a tested and proven custom bios. Even at stock 24 mh it would still be better than what you are offering.

Maybe it's my PTSD that's keeping me up at night and it is making your trolling seem very rude and disrespectful to me. Now if you don't have anything else nice to say please don't troll my post.
    edited November 2016
    I have FULL warranty, it is only 6 months old first off, second off, I'm asking 1500 ( start high ;) your tactic you used!. Hater or lowballer, what, are you fucking 12 here?!?! Point is you ASKED 2500 for a rig you admitted you paid way less for.. I paid more than mine and I'm asking is a REASONABLE starting point.
    Why don't you eat you words and sell it at a REASONABLE price to "support your fellow miners"
    YES, YES you are ripping someone off, that's the point to all this.. I really couldn't give one nor two fucks if you think I'm being rude or disrespectful, your price is rude and disrespectful. No go to sleep and dream about being batman or wonderwoman
  • rawmeenrawmeen Member Posts: 79
    @Calivet - in regards to spending days installing OS and programs, this is a mining forum and almost everyone who see's you post is a miner and would not take them "days" to get a brand new rig going.
    I do wish you luck selling your gears but have to agree that I'd rather buy brand new equipments if it costs me the same as setting them up will not take much time. Best of luck.
  • nuhanenunuhanenu Member Posts: 23
    I think your offer is great for some people. There are folks that are very interested in mining but have no experience in putting together hardware, and software installing might be even harder.

Look, some people paid those scammy cloudmining sites huge cash for measles :) 75h/s for 2600$ for 1 year for example.

I think you could get more for your fully assembled hobbyminers rig and it´d be worth it for the buyer and for you.

I have FULL warranty, it is only 6 months old first off, second off, I'm asking 1500 ( start high ;) your tactic you used!. Hater or lowballer, what, are you fucking 12 here?!?! Point is you ASKED 2500 for a rig you admitted you paid way less for.. I paid more than mine and I'm asking is a REASONABLE starting point.
    Why don't you eat you words and sell it at a REASONABLE price to "support your fellow miners"
    YES, YES you are ripping someone off, that's the point to all this.. I really couldn't give one nor two fucks if you think I'm being rude or disrespectful, your price is rude and disrespectful. No go to sleep and dream about being batman or wonderwoman

You must be kidding me son. I bought my Rx 480 When they came out. Do you even know what the price was for them? 269 was the cheapest one and that was weeks camping for them . My rx 470 where 199. I spend more than 2500 on my set up. Where did I admit that I spent less than 2500 on my rig? Please show me where I said that son. The only thing close to me saying that is that I wouldn't go lower than 1900 for my rig, or else I will be taking a huge loss at retail price (today's retail price) not what I paid for it a few months ago. It seems to me you don't have any idea about what you're talking about.

6 months old? lol. R9 380? you spend more than 1500 for your setup? Looks like your directing your nasty comments towards the wrong dude, you should be directing your comments to the person that rip u off.

Last of all I'm an Iraqi Combat Veteran. Been blown up twice. Lost alot of brothers. So i don't appreciate your little comments. I mean what have you done with your life beside troll on my post?
    rawmeen said:

@Calivet - in regards to spending days installing OS and programs, this is a mining forum and almost everyone who see's you post is a miner and would not take them "days" to get a brand new rig going.
    I do wish you luck selling your gears but have to agree that I'd rather buy brand new equipments if it costs me the same as setting them up will not take much time. Best of luck.

I would have to disagree with you here. If you have an Rx 480 and you bought it when It first came out like I did, You would ran into that issue with AMD not having supported drivers. You would had to enable test mode, disable test signature off. Sign your atimkdag.sys file. All this in order to just be able to mine with your Rx 480. I wouldn't say everyone knows how to first look up their asic quality of their GPU then mod their GPU bios so that it would be the most efficient mining GPU. Hashing power versus Power Draw. I mean if those are not what you are aiming to do then you are not running a proficient miner.
    If you read all these forums you will find all the information that you need. Yet if you have not had the experience of doing so or the technical know how. If it is your first time, it will take you a few days.
    As for the season vets who know a few things or two, no it will not take a few days. For me it would talk maybe an hour or less since I know exactly what I need to do? I respect your opinion. Thank you for not trolling.
    nuhanenu said:

I think your offer is great for some people. There are folks that are very interested in mining but have no experience in putting together hardware, and software installing might be even harder.

Look, some people paid those scammy cloudmining sites huge cash for measles :) 75h/s for 2600$ for 1 year for example.

I think you could get more for your fully assembled hobbyminers rig and it´d be worth it for the buyer and for you.

Thanks. Its good to hear something positive rather than a hateful troll on my post. I started at 2500 because I vaule my time and the amount of work I put in this rig. It wasn't until recently with the newest AMD windows update, that you did not have to do all of the above (enable test mode, test signing off, sign atimkdag.sys, etc) Also I did pay more than 2500 to get my rig set up. If you look at my comments and my post. If you can draw the conclusion that I am out to rip someone off then there must be something wrong with you.
    I agree with you totally, It does cater to those who are interested in mining but don't have the know how to do it. Thanks for your opinion and not trolling on my post.
    Calivet said:

Last of all I'm an Iraqi Combat Veteran. Been blown up twice. Lost alot of brothers. So i don't appreciate your little comments. I mean what have you done with your life beside troll on my post?

So no one in the army does anything meaningful? Take that stupid self entitled attitude and fuck right off with it. I don't really care where you went, have your pity party with someone that cares
    edited November 2016
    @theneogeo1982 "If you aint infantry you aint shit." If you dont got your EIB and CIB then you stfu! The whole army is build to support who? the infantry son. Im sure even the female who are allowed to be in the infantry now a days have more stones than you.

Now cuz you got rip off buying your outdated r9 380, paying more than 1500 for it 6 months ago? I was wondering why you didn't go with the most power efficiency set up? with an r7 370 setup?

6 months ago
    6x r7 370 would probably been less that 1900 to get all set up.

Or why you didn't go with the r9 390 set up?

6 months ago
    R9 390 price would still been 289.
    Still a 6x r9 390 rig would been less than 2200.

So That just tells me you are an idiot and got rip off on ebay. Cuz if 6 months ago you decided to go with the r9 380 like a re tard that you are. Then I'm assuming you bought your rig complete. Since looking at your print screen and you avg 20 mhs on five of your cards and one is avg 15 mh. You have no idea how to run a power efficient rig. Cuz if you knew what you are doing, your 380 should be pulling 22 24 mh/s each and running very stable at those hashes.

I have done nothing to you. The community knows That I have done nothing wrong to anyone beside offer my help. So i resent the fact that you are saying I'm trying to rip off someone. I'll chalk that off as you being an idiot who got ripped off by someone else. "don't argue with fools from a distance people cant tell who is who" So I'm done arguing with you son. Like I said before you looked, you're not interested, move on and stop trolling my post.

edited November 2016
    The only component that has warranty is the 1 MSI GPU and the EVGA PSU.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO SECOND HAND WARRANTY with Sapphire and XFX. Even if you include the receipt. Its clearly stated on their website that's its original purchaser only.

$1500 for all that is more than fair, either you are serious about selling or you are just wasting others people's time.

Mining is becoming more and more unprofitable by the day and pretty soon these GPUs are going to be all over eBay and Craigslist.

You can sell part by part individually to a bunch of lowballer kids on Craigslist or you can just get rid of everything at once and save yourself time. The choice is yours.

We don't care that you paid $269 each for your RX 480, they don't cost that much right now. And the reference RX are absolute garbage.

The amount of hours you've spent installing windows, updating drivers, modifying the bios, using unsigned drivers, cutting wood for the frame is worth ABSOLUTELY $0.00. Whomever buys this will have to assemble it from scratch anyways since it can't be shipped the way its standing.
    adaseb said:

The only component that has warranty is the 1 MSI GPU and the EVGA PSU.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO SECOND HAND WARRANTY with Sapphire and XFX. Even if you include the receipt. Its clearly stated on their website that's its original purchaser only.

$1500 for all that is more than fair, either you are serious about selling or you are just wasting others people's time.

Mining is becoming more and more unprofitable by the day and pretty soon these GPUs are going to be all over eBay and Craigslist.

You can sell part by part individually to a bunch of lowballer kids on Craigslist or you can just get rid of everything at once and save yourself time. The choice is yours.

We don't care that you paid $269 each for your RX 480, they don't cost that much right now. And the reference RX are absolute garbage.

The amount of hours you've spent installing windows, updating drivers, modifying the bios, using unsigned drivers, cutting wood for the frame is worth ABSOLUTELY $0.00. Whomever buys this will have to assemble it from scratch anyways since it can't be shipped the way its standing.

@adaseb Someone pissed in your cheerios as well? No Second hand warranty, ha, I guess you do everything by the book then, should you tell them that you mod your gpu bios and flashed it back to stock when you try to rma it and then tell them that your warranty is void? Make sure to tell them that when you send your gpu in if god forbids you have a gpu issue. Doesn't take rocket science to figure that one out.

Who's to say who bought which GPU at which time? They ask you for a serial number, check it in the system if it has been used to RMA before. That's it. There is no conspiracy behind the warranty, where they want the exact time and place you bought the GPU.

Time is the most precious commodity. You can't buy time. Yes my time might not mean anything to you That's your opinion. What is your time worth to you? Absolutely zero as well? To someone who does not have any know how on how to get started mining, my time might be worth a pretty penny or so. Out of all the rigs I have sold. I have offered my assistance day or night via remote login (TeamViewer). I have stood by my work. This caters to those who are interested in mining and want to jump right in. Yes they might have to build a new rig frame but like I said I can ship them my wooden rig for free they just pay for shipping. Or some deal can be made on that. Everything else is self explanatory. Plug the gpu in any order, it doesn't matter. Plug and Play, Power it on, I will assist with showing where to plug in your address (via team viewer). That kind of service is priceless.

1500? I'll pass. I'm not hurting for money. This is a hobby. If you can get the same rig I have for 1500, If you do, that's all good for you. I'm not going to hate.

Yes I paid more than 269 for my Rx 480. The cheapest you can find right now is around 220. The price still holds. I guess you had a few issues with the ref models that is why you think so lowly of them. Thats fine, thats your opinion again. My experience with the Ref models is great, you can overclock undervolt them further than any AIB gpu. They run at 56 degrees fans speed at 59 %.

Even at that price, my rig, retail, everything brand new including taxes, shipping, will net north of 1500.

I appreciate your time and opinion. You came you saw, you didn't like the price move on.
  • MineallnightMineallnight Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2016
    Ive had great experience with the ref 470s. Also my friend has ref 480s and hes had not problem.
    Id value your rig at about $1800. Although at that price I think its a questionable idea to get into crypto right now in general. That is a 180 day roi IF you have free electricity and difficulty doesn't increase more(lol?) and price doesn't drop. All doubtful...

I think to the right person your time and expertise in mining absolutely brings some value. Sell it on ebay, list it for 2k and it will sell. Perhaps someone will buy it here but expect alot more criticism and negativity, lets be honest, times are tough for miners right now, hence why your selling it.

Also 480 prices are dropping like a rock, if that continues it may be harder to sell. Also i think the 470s 4gb are by far the clear winner these days. You can find them for like $150 now and they hash at 28.6mh with a super easy mod. The 480s do like 30mh but the power consumption people have reported to be far higher.(undervolting both of course)
    Listen quit lying in your posts when you don't know any better. I've been mining for years and had to deal with every single GPU manufacture out there.

SAPPHIRE and XFX WILL NOT WARRANTY UNLESS YOU ARE THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER. You need to provide an invoice when you RMA.

MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte they warranty based on serial number like an iPhone or like a Car. The warranty stays with the product not the individual. Those warranties are based on the production date. You can get it extended if you have a receipt and product was bought much later then the production week.

Sapphire warranty is horrible and its even 2 years.

XFX used to have lifetime warranty and it was transferrable but sometime in the last 2 years they stopped doing that.

Time is a precious commodity but nobody is forcing you to mine, you don't have an employer so you are not entitled to a single penny. Like you said before, this is a hobby and most hobbies are not for income.

edited November 2016
    @adaseb Where do I know you from? Oh yeah from the r 390 optimization forum. Yeah I remember you now. You weren't such a negative person when you needed some info to benefit your own rigs? I don't know any better? lol. Ok sir I don't know any better. One google search and there is all that doomsday talk about sapphire return policy you were referring to. I can only guess that you had an issue with sapphire or xfx and you weren't able to get an RMA. Like I said not rocket science we are dealing with here.

Given your doomsday scenario, being the original purchaser with original receipts, I will have no problems getting the GPU to and thru the RMA process (if still under 2 years with sapphire and additional years bought from Amazon/newegg. Additional Ins on some and not all of my GPU's). I can guarantee that. What I won't guarantee is an op error, that causes a problem that is not covered in the return. If the recipient of my rig was to have any issues in the two years/ three years , I'm sure i won't have the integrity to help him/her get the parts return and replace?

Apparently I vaule my time more than most people do, maybe it the life experiences that I have been through. You can ask any owners of the rigs (4 rigs up to date) that I have sold to, what kind of man I am? Liar is not one of them, guarantee. You can also ask them, after the transaction, was there ever any point in time where they were not able to reach me for instant help. If i had meet their standards or if I have gone beyond what would be required of me as a seller? I guarantee the answers you get will be nothing but positive.

I understand your point of view. Yes You will not charge for your time since you feel that way. What I don't understand is your argument. For me 1900 for my rig is less than current retail price. My asking price is 2500, yes that is true, I also said I will not go lower than 1900. So yea, if the person interested in buying my rig appreciates and values my time, they can make an offer of more than 1900. Simple as that.

Yes I said my rig doesn't come with a frame and if they want the frame, they just have to pay a little extra for shipping. Too many negatives on here, so i'll change my mind on this, If they want my custom frame it is still free and Ill even cover the shipping on that out of my own pocket. Shipping will cost an estimate of 200 for priority shipping. (if you wish to not have it in two days or less, shipping price can be negotiated which will effect the overall price) Take that amount off 1900. Thats 1700 in my pocket. You suggest selling it for 1500? 200 difference. So where am I taking such a huge profit in this equation? Such a huge ripoff that I'm laughing all the way to the bank? The original amount for my set up was north of 2500. I'm already taking a loss. How much of a loss is to be determined.

Yes this is a hobby. I'm not dying for the money. I can afford to sit and wait. I figure I will throw it out there now since I am done with this hobby. What I don't understand is the negativity I'm getting here? Like seriously, Does it really look like I'm trying to rip off someone?

Can anyone tell me with 1000% certainty the exact day and time in the future that a certain cryptocurrency will transit from POW to POS or that the future price of a coin will be lower or higher, how high/low the future difficulty of mining a coin will be, and the time it will take to any future miners to ROI. Can someone tell me an exact time and date, please? If you can, shit if you guys are that good, what the hell are you doing mining? You are in the wrong business.

My point, the future is uncertain, nothing is set in stone (maybe POW to POS) but even with that it is not certain exactly when, yeah maybe you can say by this time it has to go from POW to POS. That being said, yes it looks bad for ETH miners right now with all the issues it is having. That's the nature of the mining game. All I am saying is there is still time left for new miners or miners looking to expand, still time to ROI. The future is uncertain. Let the buyer do his/her homework and let them decided. Stop accusing me of being a ripoff because I am not stupid enough to list a perfectly working mining rig for dirt cheap.

So I'm done arguing with ya. You came to my post, you saw what I had to say, you said your two cents, agree or disagree, please move on.