ETH Price Drop

XereoXereo Member Posts: 55
Anyone got any clues as to why we are getting such a sharp Eth decline?

Up coming Hardfork? Zcash?

Comments

• newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    both, but when the hardfork happens, and as long as it works, i expect the price to recover
  • RetechRetech Member Posts: 46
    Zcash, bitcoin price, stupid hardfork. They're killing ETH, according to some professional person, price'll be drop from 5-7$
  • oakey22oakey22 Member Posts: 50
    Do we know when the hard fork is due?
  • jsanzspjsanzsp Member Posts: 195 ✭✭
    Retech said:

Zcash, bitcoin price, stupid hardfork. They're killing ETH, according to some professional person, price'll be drop from 5-7$

5-7€ would be a disaster
  • bluelogicbluelogic Member Posts: 86
    ETH has been doing very well for everything that is going on right now. A lot of the hype on ETH has slowed down due to hard fork and Zcash. If the price drops down the difficulty will drop and miners will scream "yes" there is more time for ROI. I for one want the price to drop since I didn't get in early to buy ETH. The people that get screwed at the ones that bought it at $14 and decide to sell. Buy and hold is very powerful if you believe in ETH's long term future.
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Very very iron clad support at $7.50 for ETH/USD
    Eth and zec are dying together.

Some people blamed me because i made a panic, but that's true.
  • SpydrMstrmndSpydrMstrmnd Member Posts: 73
    edited November 2016
    Retech said:

...Zcash is mere weeks old and it's dying, really?

This guy reminds me of @syaoran99 another gloom and doom type from last spring who had all sorts of "facts" about what eth would do in the future....dropping waaay down etc etc....and literally none of it came true.
    Post edited by SpydrMstrmnd on
  • wonderfullifewonderfullife Member Posts: 103
    He's the forum troll at the moment, don't mind him, no one does.
  • oslakoslak Member Posts: 191
    edited November 2016

Retech said:

...Zcash is mere weeks old and it's dying, really?

This guy reminds me of @syaoran99 another gloom and doom type from last spring who had all sorts of "facts" about what eth would do in the future....dropping waaay down etc etc....and literally none of it came true.
    I once name called @syaoran99 once but please not do the same. Some of his predictions did happen. Price do fall. Bitcoin reached 1k went down to 220 and now up to 750. Its up to you where you will exit and when you will get back in. Ether will bounce back.
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Down 10% while BTC is climbing? No surprise. Either hold for a rebound against BTC, or mine and dump depending on your thought on the market and risk level. Same story as usual for a miner.
  • XereoXereo Member Posts: 55
    Well people are moving back to ETH now due to zec being sh!t
    Yeah, price's still 9,5 - 9,7$ when BTc's coming down. Nothing's change.
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    @retech yup. If it breaks below $9 I'll be worried about support. But for now, market looks solid and steady to me.
  • HasLuxHasLux Member Posts: 48
    I'm not worried at all. I've never been a bag holder thus i've never been subject to market volatility. Ethereum over this year has been a wonderful project which has helped me to build a very wonderful computational cluster. I only have my initial investment in one "mining rig". The other ones where paid for by the original and the things kept multiplying. It's been a rolercoaster ride of fun. As for the price falling it's not really falling... It's called dilution. I'm actually surprised it hasn't fallen more than it has. The difficulty bomb I suspect will be going off very soon(Probabley before the year is over). The only thing that could change this is another hard fork. But there is nothing to worry about. If you like mining feel free to continue. I'm adapting my computational cluster over for a different use because with some extensive programming knowledge and an understanding of the protocols used in super computers anyone with 5 or 10 6GPU rigs or more has a very powerfull super computer ready to be leased out to local colleges an universities in nice time slots ;)
  • HasLuxHasLux Member Posts: 48
    Actually I might donate a few of my rigs to local colleges for development and research purposes. Based my my time in developing and designing the frames, cost of parts and labor to assemble them, and all the time i've spent field testing them using ethereum, I think they are easily valued at $10,000 supercomputers ready eagerly waiting for new students to learn the open gpu llvm/clang environment.