Fuck Zcash

Comments

• wonderfullifewonderfullife Member Posts: 103
    Godmaster said:

If difficulty go down then we can mine more ETH but more ETH on the market means that the price will go down too.

look up how ether works.
  • SashSash Member Posts: 56
    Godmaster said:

How can people still leaving mining ETH for Zec ??? only profits ? If Hitler has more money then you will follow him ?
    I'm mining ETH since the beginning and will not switch to Zec because of more profits.
    If all miners reason like that, then its all the ethereum network who is falling down.
    Ethereum Hashrate fall than more 40% since zcash Introduction. 7438 GH/S to 4313.

Who the fuck are you ?

Miners will always follow the fastest way to ROI.

I think that there were a lot of people doubting if it was worth it to invest in a few rigs. No that doubt has gone away. When was the last time diff was at 51? Now let's just hope zcash doesn't crash and no one will mine it, but I'm optimistic about it, it's very early now.

Lol, Zcash price is already at an all time low of 0.48 / BTC.
  • chuckfeastchuckfeast Member Posts: 19
    Sash said:

If I told you that a bottle of beer was worth a million pounds, you'd think I was mad. If I told you a bottle of beer was worth half a bitcoin, you'd think I was mad.

When you say things like 0.5 bitcoin for a ZEC is 'an all time low', that is how mad you sound to me.

Of course the price is coming down. You expected ZEC to trade for half a bitcoin before sometime last week? We'll talk about all time lows when it's been stable around 0.04 for a couple of months and it drops to 0.01 or something.

Right now it's like watching a skydiver jump out of a plane window and shouting every five seconds about how he's the lowest he's ever been. I mean, come the fuck on, what else is he going to do?
  • bluelogicbluelogic Member Posts: 86
    I would be very careful thinking Zec will keep ETH difficulty down for mining ROI. The difficulty went down fast it can go back to that level just as fast. You buy a rig now you are still assuming the Zec flame hasn't burned out by then.

Sash said:

If I told you that a bottle of beer was worth a million pounds, you'd think I was mad. If I told you a bottle of beer was worth half a bitcoin, you'd think I was mad.

When you say things like 0.5 bitcoin for a ZEC is 'an all time low', that is how mad you sound to me.

Of course the price is coming down. You expected ZEC to trade for half a bitcoin before sometime last week? We'll talk about all time lows when it's been stable around 0.04 for a couple of months and it drops to 0.01 or something.

Right now it's like watching a skydiver jump out of a plane window and shouting every five seconds about how he's the lowest he's ever been. I mean, come the fuck on, what else is he going to do?
    ZEC will continue to go down. Why do you think it wouldn't? I don't understand your argument?

I guess you were expecting ZEC to be 2-3 BTC a week after launch? It has no use and it is constantly mined. How much should it have been now after one week of it's launch.
    bluelogic said:

I would be very careful thinking Zec will keep ETH difficulty down for mining ROI. The difficulty went down fast it can go back to that level just as fast. You buy a rig now you are still assuming the Zec flame hasn't burned out by then.

Well if ZEC goes away say hello to 120 diff, or more.

We are going back up. It was nice while it lasted. As long as Zec doesn't fall below ETH we will have a split community were some mine Zec and some mine ETH, so the difficulty should stay reasonable.
  • RabassoRabasso Member Posts: 151 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    BEST CASE SCENARIO

we all split our rigs to mine ZEC and ETH, reality is that we all will be better of Because dif will drop and the same amount of coins will have to be mined with less gpus, everyone wins. but we all have to agree on that.... so it works!
    for the investor at least you can diversify now in between ETH and ZEC.
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to mine both at same time like DEC
    you can! CPU mining while not as great still produces value, it is better than what the CPUs were doing before.
    @bluelogic read this, is a scenario that could easily play out. and all the miners will benefit from.

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/10839/message-to-eth-and-zec-miners#latest

I'm not associated in any form to Zcash, Eth is my path (but also profitability)
    bluelogic said:

you can! CPU mining while not as great still produces value, it is better than what the CPUs were doing before.

I mean GPU mining for both... I ran 190-200 sol/s with zcash I mined 1 whole ZEC to test out ( all my rigs ) it was fun experiment lol

bluelogic said:

I mean GPU mining for both... I ran 190-200 sol/s with zcash I mined 1 whole ZEC to test out ( all my rigs ) it was fun experiment lol
    If you were mining from the start with 200 sol/s you would still not have 1 ZEC. You must have been on testnet or something.
    edited November 2016

bluelogic said:

If you were mining from the start with 200 sol/s you would still not have 1 ZEC. You must have been on testnet or something.
    x9 ;)
  • GodmasterGodmaster Member Posts: 183
    I'm happy to see the price of ZEC falling to the ground, now miners come back to ETH :

Dude, you realize that when they do, the diff will go back to 104TH or close to it.. Aren't you happy it was at a low 50TH now its at 66 and going up... Which means less for you and me.....
    Godmaster said:

I'm happy to see the price of ZEC falling to the ground, now miners come back to ETH :

Yes, you will not be soo happy when dif goes back up and your profits shrink by 1/4 month to month.

you know that just having a node help Eth? and by the way if you are mining in a pool you are not helping Ethereum to be decentralized on the contrary you are making it more centralized.

If we were a smarter group we would all mine 50/50 eth zec, so the dif drops and brings the same income or more for same electricity without jeopardizing the network we believe on (ETH).

Dude, you realize that when they do, the diff will go back to 104TH or close to it.. Aren't you happy it was at a low 50TH now its at 66 and going up... Which means less for you and me.....

You see only profit, me i want a a good ethereum network with a powerfull hashrate gh/s.
    And also a stable network !
    When miners leave Ethereum network for Zcash, the price of ETH go down.

Rabasso said:

Godmaster said:

Yes, you will not be soo happy when dif goes back up and your profits shrink by 1/4 month to month.

you know that just having a node help Eth? and by the way if you are mining in a pool you are not helping Ethereum to be decentralized on the contrary you are making it more centralized.

If we were a smarter group we would all mine 50/50 eth zec, so the dif drops and brings the same income or more for same electricity without jeopardizing the network we believe on (ETH).
    Difficulty is a normal things, dont you know that ? yes its increasing and yes you will have less profit with time.

Godmaster said:

You see only profit, me i want a a good ethereum network with a powerfull hashrate gh/s.
    And also a stable network !
    When miners leave Ethereum network for Zcash, the price of ETH go down.

Whoa dude you want a good eth network? RUN A NODE, stop mining.
    At it's lowest diff was at 51. Do you realize how much hashpower is required even for diff at 51? Also eth is mined from blocks which come at a fixed rate. Less people mining eth doesn't mean less eth in the wild, it means more eth for less people.

So what is the problem with diff at 51? Guess Vitalik said, hey yeah eth is my project I'll help you guys(zcash devs) fuck my life's work up.
  • nuhanenunuhanenu Member Posts: 23
    Mining markets balance out in mining profitability eventually. How do so many people not understand this?

And how could people not understand that the price of zcash will still keep going down, because of the slow start. The zcash block reward started from 0Z and is slowly rising to 12,5Z and then it will stay there until the first halvening(just like bitcoin the mining reward halvens every 4 years). The value of zcash will take a few months to stabilize at a level what ever that will be.

p.s. the Eth mining capacity was still HUGE even at 3,x TH/s
    The hashrate of Ethereum network is going up since today, its a good news and means that miners reswitch from ZEC to ETH. ZEC is over AHAH !
    edited November 2016
    nuhanenu said:

Mining markets balance out in mining profitability eventually. How do so many people not understand this?

And how could people not understand that the price of zcash will still keep going down, because of the slow start. The zcash block reward started from 0Z and is slowly rising to 12,5Z and then it will stay there until the first halvening(just like bitcoin the mining reward halvens every 4 years). The value of zcash will take a few months to stabilize at a level what ever that will be.

EXACTLY .

the OP doensn't even understand how ether mining works, all those problems you write about are probably too complicated. I sound rude, but it's everyones job to do their homework,if they don't well then they'll say shit like ethereum network going down.. or buy and hold ZEC hoping for it to go at 5 BTC while the block reward is still growing and has a lot o space left to grow.

Also diff for ZEC seems to be 130 now, and eth 70. ZEC > ETH for profitability.

nuhanenu said:

EXACTLY .

the OP doensn't even understand how ether mining works, all those problems you write about are probably too complicated. I sound rude, but it's everyones job to do their homework,if they don't well then they'll say shit like ethereum network going down.. or buy and hold ZEC hoping for it to go at 5 BTC while the block reward is still growing and has a lot o space left to grow.

Also diff for ZEC seems to be 130 now, and eth 70. ZEC > ETH for profitability.
    ZEC is still profitable but in a fews days or week only.
    Something i forget to say is that i dont pay electricity, my rigs give me more than 500 ETH so i dont care.
    I believe in the ethereum network and will not switch for more profit. Thats i wanna say.
    ZEC has no future.

x9 ;)

Yeah, OK. That would do it.
    edited November 2016
    Well man do your homework then. I doubt anyone here wants ethereum to go, but as for zec mining threatning it, it's not even close. Also some equlibrium seems to be forming between mining ZEC and eth. Also, it's in our best interest that eth and zec mining reaches some equlibrium.

Remember ZEC is still 10 days old, remember how much shit bitcoin swam through.
    ok now that trump has won (can you believe that) and the world uncertainty is quite high, zcash value could soar because it will be used to store and transfer value.
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    @Godmaster
    With free electricity just stay silent and don't blame people, who's paying.
    Other things:
    You get 500 eth in which timeframe? Monthly? That's 100-200 GPU i think, and if all are RX series, you consume 11-15MWatts per month. This can't be free, or you're stealing it very smart, because this amount can't be stolen without noticed. Or if someone just give you this like a gift, then stay silent more.
    zcash is holding, see the volume. that means that eth dif will go down soon! going 50/50!