Fuck Zcash

GodmasterGodmaster Member Posts: 183
How can people still leaving mining ETH for Zec ??? only profits ? If Hitler has more money then you will follow him ?
I'm mining ETH since the beginning and will not switch to Zec because of more profits.
If all miners reason like that, then its all the ethereum network who is falling down.
Ethereum Hashrate fall than more 40% since zcash Introduction. 7438 GH/S to 4313.

Who the fuck are you ?

Comments

• rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    As an ethereum miner, i'm rather happy about hashrate/difficulty freefall. Why you're upset about this?
    And consider that, who pay normal usa/eu electricity bill and has r9 series gpu was NOT profitable mining ETH when difficulty was 105TH. Of course they are moving to zec.
  • SWDude26SWDude26 Member Posts: 132 ✭✭
    someone has no chill.
  • RatRat Member Posts: 25
    Most miners are here for profit man. V r as noble as u .
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    I mined ETH all the way, no matter what happend.
    But now i reached my target and i mine the coin that gives me the most money.

I hold my mined ETH and from Nov 1st on i sell daily my mined coin, no matter what coin...

I jumped in a bit late (March) and want to reach ROI, ZCash helped me with that.
  • YogiYogi Member Posts: 147 ✭✭
    ZCash has been a reprieve from ever increasing ETH difficulty.
    Why is that an issue for you ?
  • ZiljZilj Member Posts: 61
    you do realise, you could switch to Zcash, sell for more and just buy Ethereum? you get more money for less power... this is why people are jumping ship.

BE HAPPY either way, if you stick with ETH yourself, the difficulty is much lower and you are getting more now, it also allows much more mining rigs to be able to mine, with the recent surge of RX480 cards, this allows breathing room for the market, something else to mine, so everyone isn't cranking the difficulty up on the same thing continuously, so why are you angry again?
  • glenn_txglenn_tx Member Posts: 67
    With the release of Claymore ZEC, the ZEC hashrate jumped up to the point of equilibrium with ETH/SIA dual mining. I think we may see both level off (or both increase at the same rate!)
  • cascadia_coincascadia_coin Member Posts: 67
    edited November 2016
    Godmaster said:

How can people still leaving mining ETH for Zec ??? only profits ? If Hitler has more money then you will follow him ?

The speed at which Godwin's Law was invoked in your post is epic.

Fact of the matter is miners care mostly about profit. The big industrial mines care ONLY about profit. If you are a hobbyist miner you can choose what to mine. If you have thousands of rigs, you can't.

Markets dictate in that case.

That said, like someone else said, be happy the difficulty is back to where it was mid summer.
    Post edited by cascadia_coin on
  • CryptoGiraffeCryptoGiraffe Member Posts: 34
    In reality when all of us are mining we are just buying at lower than market price. We pay for our electricity instead of buying off exchanges. If we mine what is most profitable, convert to BTC, and then buy what we actually want to invest in, we will see best returns. Running a node will support networks and for ETH it is only a matter of time before POS hits and then all miners will be forced to mine something else profitable or shut down.
  • wonderfullifewonderfullife Member Posts: 103
    Diff dropped to half and someone is mad. different people..
  • CalivetCalivet Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    lol. ETH miners should be jumping for joy!!!! Welcoming zec with open loving arms.
  • nuhanenunuhanenu Member Posts: 23
    Zcash and Qstock and Bizmoney their all good for miners and ecosystem. More hypecoins please.
  • MRGMRG Member Posts: 13
    I'm definitely with those that say Zcash helped the Eth mining community. Call them Hypecoins or whatever.... but keep'em coming.
  • cascadia_coincascadia_coin Member Posts: 67
    Vitalik is an advisor to ZCash..
    https://z.cash/team.html#advisors

I wonder if the original poster even knows who Vitalik is?
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    WOW.... so much anger.. Would hate to be the guy in drive thru that doesn't give him a straw for his liter of cola
  • CalivetCalivet Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    Zcash is all hype right now. First quarter of 2017 is when they should come out with more news.... Hey look on the bright side, when ETH goes POS you can mine Zec!!! lol
  • bluelogicbluelogic Member Posts: 86
    edited November 2016
    Zec basically gave ETH miners a second boat who missed the initial run up.
    Zec gave the small investor a chance to buy ETH and mine Zec to sell to buy ETH to further increase potential earnings.
    Zec gave life to CPU miners

What is wrong?
  • GodmasterGodmaster Member Posts: 183
    most of miners who switch has no brain. If everybody switch to zcash then ethereum's network is over.
    Here we are in the ethereum forum not zcash forum. If you want to switch so go away with your dirty mind.
    Traitor ! Redneck !
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    @Godmaster
    The ethereum network's hashrate at now is still huge, and everything is working correctly. There will be always enough support and hashpower for ethereum, not threatened by some coin's "early mining" fomo. And many eth miner will react to zcash when they have already been missed the high profit train. (about now or soon)
    I'm mining both with many rigs and happyly use many other previously unused hardware (CPU). From my perspective the appareance of zcash is a fine incidence.

(Far dangerous and greater betrayal was the empty block mining during the recent attacks.)

• cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    if anything zcash mining is a good thing for both eth and zcash
    there was a lot of hashing being thrown at eth more ppl starting everyday
    i have been adding cards non stop since march
    my profits per card had dropped to almost summer 2015 levels
    its perfect when a new coin comes out and relieves the stress on any particular coin
    this allows the overall crypto coin network to keep expanding which is really what we want more than anything
    trust me there will never be any shortage of hashing on eth network
    and the level of hashing currently is far beyond what the network even demands at this time
    eth profits have skyrocketed compared to a week ago zcash profits are pretty good nothing compared to eth's peak
  • zorvalthzorvalth Member Posts: 174
    edited November 2016
    Godmaster said:

most of miners who switch has no brain. If everybody switch to zcash then ethereum's network is over.
    Here we are in the ethereum forum not zcash forum. If you want to switch so go away with your dirty mind.
    Traitor ! Redneck !

You do realize that yhe founder of Ethereum is in the team of zcash as advisor? Zcash did a great favor of eth which was close to non profit for many miners with R9 cards and expensive electricity. Eth needed another strong coin because it wasnt able to handle the huge ammount of hash power. Or you are actually a not very bright boy who is thinking that the downtown he is living it is the origin of the Big Bang :-D
  • breathesumetherbreathesumether Member Posts: 20
    The value of Zcash went from $5,000 last week to $500 today. All while mining Ether your payout got doubled. So yeah screw Zcash it's a fad, just more ether for us!
  • t_ct_c Member Posts: 14
    Isn't ether going to POS anyway?
  • chuckfeastchuckfeast Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2016
    Yogi said:

ZCash has been a reprieve from ever increasing ETH difficulty.

My 470s mine using your wonderful 24.5 MH/s low power rom. You may or may not be pleased to know that this functions well with ZEC also, where many roms pushing memory do not. So it is nice to be able to have a choice and see what is out there. People with other roms in place may very well need to do more tuning just to be stable.

The value of Zcash went from $5,000 last week to $500 today. All while mining Ether your payout got doubled. So yeah screw Zcash it's a fad, just more ether for us!

Zcash has a 'slow start' and no pre-mine. Sensible reasons behind both, but long story short this means massive scarcity at launch. The exchanges would have been better not to list it for a couple weeks, IMO. The internet is currently full of noobs convinced that a drop from 2500 BTC to 0.5 BTC is a crash, as if either of those figures is a realistic value. Try 0.05 BTC and we're starting to sound like the right order of magnitude at least.

Thing is you'd be stupid to hold ZEC during the slow start, as you know the supply is going to go up and up and up for weeks, by design... so even if you believe in ZEC the way some people believe in ETH, you'd be smart to sell while people are going to stupidtown and buying it above top dollar.
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    Since when did people of eth become like bitcoin and get angry with new release of a coin... wow
  • pantadorpantador Member Posts: 46
    I bought Eth with all Zec I made. If Zec's trend kept on falling steep, I'll just keep trading it for Eth.
  • bluelogicbluelogic Member Posts: 86
    I totally agree, you should be kissing Zec. Zec gives you cheap ETH.
  • wonderfullifewonderfullife Member Posts: 103
    edited November 2016
    I think that there were a lot of people doubting if it was worth it to invest in a few rigs. No that doubt has gone away. When was the last time diff was at 51? Now let's just hope zcash doesn't crash and no one will mine it, but I'm optimistic about it, it's very early now.
  • GodmasterGodmaster Member Posts: 183
    If difficulty go down then we can mine more ETH but more ETH on the market means that the price will go down too.
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    Woot?
    The eth supply is the same but lesser people get it.