Hard fork is coming, What's happend with ETH future ??

RetechRetech Member Posts: 46
Sooner, ETC'll be die because of hard fork.
I'm really worry about ETH future. Diff more than 85, and price still 12$.

Comments

• urayuray indonesiaMember Posts: 37
    hard fork for bug fixes are not the same as hard fork to reverse transaction, nothing to worry
  • blackwolfblackwolf EarthMember Posts: 86
    edited October 2016
    ill be honest but the fact they didn't work this out a long time ago must have a lot of people questioning the future of ETH... people talk so much good about the developers... but if they were so good they would have protected the network from this attack on their own... they would not have relied on hackers to bring these problems to light...

people say that the hackers are highlighting problems, which get fixed and make the network stronger... but is that really the case? do the hackers not highlight inefficiencies in the developers to or the network?

what is certain, is these attacks have stopped a potential increase in the value of ETH after Devcon2... and now may be honestly stunting its future.
    Post edited by blackwolf on
  • SWDude26SWDude26 Member Posts: 132 ✭✭
    @blackwolf

You can argue it anyway for or against them. But without looking at their code yourself, and being an expert in the technologies they are using, you're just speculating.

They didn't get this far by being "average".

Who knows, maybe one of them is the hacker haha.
  • newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    Some of the reasons for so many attacks are because Ethereum has a "large attack surface". This means that there are so many opportunities for problems because it is very complex. It's trying to be a "universal computer" after all - running software on a blockchain. Considering how young the technology is I think it's quite normal to expect this kind of thing to happen.

@SWDude26 maybe you're right - what better way to force people to fix problems than to attack them?
  • blackwolfblackwolf EarthMember Posts: 86
    edited October 2016
    SWDude26 said:

@blackwolf

You can argue it anyway for or against them. But without looking at their code yourself, and being an expert in the technologies they are using, you're just speculating.

They didn't get this far by being "average".

Who knows, maybe one of them is the hacker haha.

yes i think one of them could be the hacker also. but it seems that it would not be a good idea to threaten the value of ETH while wanting it to be adopted mainstream... so it could be but I doubt it.

but sure, these guys are smarter than anyone else on this forum, by far more intelligent than I am. they are really genius... atleast the founding developers are IMHO.
  • MetzMetz Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Hard Fork is certainly the wrong terminology for this upcoming change... as its to repair bugs rather than a blatant hack on the system.
    Maybe it should have been called a Soft Fork :wink:

The future of any virtual currency is always going to be a worry but after the success of ETH at Devcon2 things should recover well, there are two forks coming up so the value of ETH will bounce around but it will be fine in a few weeks... hopefully stronger than ever after the bug fixes close down any null accounts/blocks.