Dwarfpool paid but don't see ETH in wallet

coolrascoolras Member Posts: 22
Hello,
I just had my first payout with dwarfpool. I'm very excited. I submitted the payment this morning. I checked their website and it shows that I have been paid out, However, I checked my Etherium Wallet and I don't see anything there. My wallet still says 0.00 ETH. And the address on my dwarfpool matches my wallet. What is going on? How long does it usually take for the ETH to hit the wallet?

Comments

• CoreolCoreol Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I assume you are using Mist? If you just started using it, you have to sync the whole blockchain first. This can take up to 24 hours, maybe more due the recent attacks on the network. I'd advise to use Parity instead of GETH at this moment. Has been working a lot faster for me and isn't freezing my PC up. You can still use MIST with parity (just use ui --geth as a start argument for parity, see pic)

Once you have the very block on your pc which contains your transaction, you will see your ETH.
    par.PNG 14.6K
  • coolrascoolras Member Posts: 22
    I'm so new at this. Is this mist?

3.png 367.2K
    I've installed parity. So just let it sync until done?

So parity or geth syncs all the blockchain on my pc? Does that mean every transactions that had ever occured on ETH is in my computer?

So after it finished syncing, how does parity know to link it to my wallet? It didn't ask me for my ETH wallet address.

• newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    coolras said:

So parity or geth syncs all the blockchain on my pc? Does that mean every transactions that had ever occured on ETH is in my computer?

So after it finished syncing, how does parity know to link it to my wallet? It didn't ask me for my ETH wallet address.

One thing that you might find useful here is that you can use Parity and the Mist wallet together. That is what I have been doing since the problems with Geth started with memory leaks and network attacks. Parity seems to have resisted most of the problems.

What I do is to run Parity in "geth mode" then run the Mist wallet. Usually when you run Mist it first runs geth, but if it detects that geth is already running it just runs the wallet, so if you run parity in geth mode the wallet sees it as a running instance of geth.

When I first ran Parity (after running geth for months) it saw my wallet address so I guess it looks in the same folder that geth created for the wallet keys. On my Windows 10 machine the wallet keys are in:

C:\Users\newmz\AppData\Roaming\Ethereum\keystore

and the blockchain is in:

C:\Users\newmz\AppData\Roaming\Ethereum\chaindata

To run parity in geth mode you need to add the switch --geth after the executable path in the desktop shortcut - so my desktop shortcut target is this:

"C:\Program Files\Ethcore\Parity\parity.exe" --geth

or run parity from a command line inside the parity install folder like this:

parity.exe --geth

...and then you can run the mist wallet and it should sync. Depending on the speed of your internet connection this can take quite a while, because the blockchain on my computer is nearly 40GB and it has to download it all! I remember when I started in about March this year it took at least a day to sync because my internet was slower then, and the blockchain was much smaller then too. If you created the wallet address recently it probably won't see the address and transactions associated with it until near the end of the sync process because they will be on recent blocks.

And yes - the whole point of syncing is to have a copy of the blockchain on your computer, that is how blockchains work because everyone has a copy and agrees that it is true. You become a node on the network.