Rig suddenly shuts down

cvipercviper Member Posts: 132 ✭✭
1of my rx 480 rigs shuts down after mining for max 3-4 min.Its like loss of power or overheating a cpu but i checked its not because of the cpu nor gpu overheat.Its shutting down than starting itself again and same story repeats.Im using windows 10 , 6x rx 480 v6 risers ,

Comments

• stoonstoon Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a possible PSU issue
  • otoxotox Member Posts: 41
    This may sound stupid but I've done it a couple times. Did you set the power options in Windows to Performance?
  • SpydrMstrmndSpydrMstrmnd Member Posts: 73
    Verify your mobo has the most current bios update. If that's squared then it sounds like PSU.
  • cvipercviper Member Posts: 132 ✭✭
    rig has been stable for 2 months but since today its doing this.ill try reinstallig windows then this perfomance settings.if problem still persist ill rma the psu and get a new one.
    the current one is bequit 1200w platinum expensive shit.
    thank you for the posts ill keep u in touch
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    Shutdowns are different. Normal reboot/shutdown, on BSOD or on overload/short circuit protection.
    What kind of shutdown do you have, @cviper ?
  • Aldora5070Aldora5070 Member Posts: 13
    Jukebox said:

Shutdowns are different. Normal reboot/shutdown, on BSOD or on overload/short circuit protection.
    What kind of shutdown do you have, @cviper ?

I got the same shutdown, and its so random, last time it was running for 24 hours and then it goes BSOD. I've ever seen the error and it said "ATIKMPAG.SYS" . I replaced the file with the one from my AMD folder on C, but the problem still exist. any suggestion maybe?

-I'm running windows 7. and very old mobo (latest bios) with pentium 4 in it. My setup working just fine until I plug my RX480 to it.
  • cvipercviper Member Posts: 132 ✭✭
    @Jukebox and every1 else
    The problem has been fixed, it turned out to be a not enough power issue from the PSU.The rig was working fine for weeks and then windows decided to force an update wich cause driver faulture and this led to underclock / overclock settings resset.
    If the cards are at stock settings 1200W for 6x rx 480 dual mining is not enough.Im using boysie windows 10 settings for 180W per card while dual mining and that fixed it.
    Thank you all for the answers