switched pools and my miners are doing a lot better???

lonpotts07lonpotts07 Member Posts: 63
edited September 2016 in Mining
I switched from Ethermine to Dwarfpool and my miners are doing a lot better. Why is that? Wouldn't it be the other way around since Dwarfpool has the largest hashrate of all the pools?

Comments

• TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    How much more % did you get with dwarf over 24h?
  • FlexinFlexin FranceMember Posts: 45
    I'm really curiously to know the results of the "a lot better" about Dwarfpool
  • lonpotts07lonpotts07 Member Posts: 63
  • FlexinFlexin FranceMember Posts: 45
    Interesting can you share the specs of your RIG, how many mh/s ?

And how many ΞTH your make in a Day (24h) with Ethermine/Dwarfpool for compare
    101.6 mh/s
    Dwarfpool 24h.- .4950994852 Eth
    Ethermine 24h - .3556245565 Eth

sorry i should have screen shot both pools before i posted this next time for sure
  • rawmeenrawmeen Member Posts: 79
    I don't know about Dwarfpool but your results from Ethermine do not seem right.
    edited September 2016
    well i thought it was weird too... my average hashrate was taking forever to go up, but those are my legit results no joke
  • RiderRider JapanMember Posts: 81
    Using one Nitro 470 8G @ 25.5MH/s, I averaged 0.10036627 Eth per day on Alpereum. Now getting 0.12707259 Eth a day on Dwarfpool, a 26% increase in earnings.
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm how do you switch to,dwarf I'm using Windows 10 with claymore
  • kotariuskotarius Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    After the geth bug, ethpool/ethermine switched to parity instead of geth. I am not sure if they are still using parity, but it is possible that ethermine/ethpool new backend is causing some issues for some people.

If anyone has any recent issues, it is recommended submit tickets to them with proof/details:

https://ethpool.freshdesk.com/support/home

Specifically, submit any issues of large invalid shares.
  • sony87sony87 Member Posts: 24
    kotarius said:

After the geth bug, ethpool/ethermine switched to parity instead of geth. I am not sure if they are still using parity, but it is possible that ethermine/ethpool new backend is causing some issues for some people.

If anyone has any recent issues, it is recommended submit tickets to them with proof/details:

https://ethpool.freshdesk.com/support/home

Specifically, submit any issues of large invalid shares.

no issues with ethmine for month, better profit, on 20th got 3 uncles in 1minute :) totally mine :P
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    i have been noticing wider fluctuations day to day in payouts on ethermine for the past couple weeks
    moving things around i noticed that i get more "normal payouts" the bigger the hashrate
    around 250Mh i get about 1.2-1.4 a day according to their calc which im not sure works, but its like a payout every 14-17 hours
    at 350Mh i get a payout every 11-12 hours calc is a lil closer to real but still says under 2 a day and i notice the dips on effective hashrate arent so big
    did switch to dwarf the other week while ethermine was having issues and it did seem fast
    but i also came from dwarf to ethermine cuz dwarf was not paying out as well a month or so ago
  • Jamis1979Jamis1979 Member Posts: 22
    I have placed a few tickets on ethermine. None have been responded to.
    Hey @theneogeo1982 here is two links that will help you.

https://dwarfpool.com/eth
  • kovancekkovancek Member Posts: 13
    Mining on NiceHash gives me about 5% more than on dwarf.
  • supguyssupguys Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2016
    Well I'm thinking about to change from nanopool to ethereumpool.co or Dwarfpool, I was expecting an ether a day or at least near 1 ether a day with my 163Mhs, I'm getting like .6 eth a day.
  • newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    Maybe this should have been in the pools part of the forum?

I have used various pools over the last couple of months. After using them for a long time I noticed Ethpool missed a block payment for me (it takes me 3.5 days mining there to get a block payment). They payed it after I asked them about it but they never really explained why it happened and it bothered me.

So then I tried Nanopool for a while - didn't like the stats presentation much and my ping times were bad. then I went to Ethermine (which I know is the same as Ethpool) and stayed there for quite a while. Then one day when I was reading around the web I discovered that Dwarfpool has an Australian server so I tried it and I get excellent ping times there so I went there. So far it is very good. The data they give you isn't very clear compared to ethermine - but if I can believe the numbers they quote I am doing better than anywhere else. It's difficult to track all the payments coming in from different sources and also with the different attacks messing up the network a bit lately but I am pretty happy with dwarfpool.
  • RiderRider JapanMember Posts: 81
    kovancek said:

Can you please elaborate further? How much hashing power did you use to compare?
    my bad @newmz probably should have posted it there.
    edited September 2016
    Rider said:

kovancek said:

Can you please elaborate further? How much hashing power did you use to compare?
    I'm also interested in this, because I always thought Nicehash was based on "re-selling" the hash-power so I assumed that since they are basically a middleman who would want their cut, therefore would not be as profitable. I tried some of their multi-mining software a couple of times and it didn't work for me very well. That wasn't on a dedicated mining rig with AMD GPUs on it though, it was an Nvidia gaming machine.
    I guess the only true measure is what you get paid each day. You can basically ignore all the stats the pools give you about whatever hash-rate you have, etc if they don't pay as well as somewhere else. If I look at the Dwarfpool snapshots of my hash-rate it would appear that my hash-rate with them is WAY higher than say, Ethminer but the pay rate is very similar. I prefer Dwarfpool at the moment because I know I'm not getting as many stale shares because my ping time their is a lot faster than anywhere else. My stale shares at Ethermine were terrible lately. I have only used Dwarfpool for the last week. I only wish their stats were better because they don't make a lot of sense. One thing I'm unsure about though is whether they pay uncles, stale shares, etc.

I switched from Ethermine to Dwarfpool and my miners are doing a lot better. Why is that? Wouldn't it be the other way around since Dwarfpool has the largest hashrate of all the pools?

In my experience, the pools with the higher hash-rates will give you a much more reliable rate of payout, since the whole luck thing is smoothed out statistically. If you use a smaller pool - like in my case I tried Alpereum - you can have days where you get a LOT more than you expect if they are lucky, but conversly you can also have days where you get a LOT less. If you stay with them a long time it should balance itself out.