Introducing EthDash.com - The Ethereum Dashboard

SmokyishSmokyish Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
One day i realized that i was spending a lot of time switching between tabs on my browser, checking my miner stats, ethereum market value, then going to reddit...
So i decided to create a website that collects all this data into one place!

Now i'm introducing https://ethdash.com - The Ξthereum Dashboard!

The place to go when you want to quickly check what's going on in the Ethereumsphere :)

ΞthDash.com is designed to be a Stop & Go place where you can quickly check the current data, everything is automatically updated on regular intervals, so you never need to refresh the page!
You can just check it when you need to and instantly get the up-to-date info.

The site consists of four different parts:

* Mining:
Get your miners stats without the need to go to your pools site.
Supported pools:
- Ethermine
- Ethpool
- Dwarfpool
- Digger.ws
- Etheres
And also EthOS is supported, please check the FAQ regarding the EthOS address to use.

* Market Capitalization info
Up-to-Date data via CoinMarketCap.com

* Current Trading Info via Kraken
Latest trading info of either ETH/USD or ETH/BTC

* Reddit /r/ethereum
Showing 25 posts from /r/ethereum/ by Hot or New sorting

This initial release should be considered very much a beta version, the site has been tested and should be working with the latest desktop Chrome, Opera, Firefox & Safari browsers, unfortunately the site has not been optimized for mobile use yet.
I wanted to get this first version ready before DevCon2, as i think that people with busy schedules at the con might have a use for this kinda service :)

Hope you'll find this site useful, i would very much like to hear feedback from the users :)

This thread is also the official support thread.

Comments

• Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    Looks nice but an app would be better ;)
  • SmokyishSmokyish Member Posts: 203 ✭✭

Looks nice but an app would be better ;)

Thanks, that is something that im considering doing down the road :)
  • remek4x4remek4x4 Republic of PolandMember Posts: 76
    Looks nice, I like it. Are you planning to add other pools (Nanopool here)?
  • nhandonhando Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2016
    Great start.

Couple of recommendation - This is just personal preferences, take it for what it's worth.

1) Where are you pulling the stats from? My total GH from ethpool shows 3.1GH but this dashboard shows 3.0GH. Also it is listing a lot of my old workers that I no longer have.

2) Can you compare how the stats are listed in Ethpool sideways. This will help reduce scrolling for many pages if you have a lot of workers. I only have 21 workers and it's 2 page scroll for Ethpool vs 10 plus page scrolling for Ethdashboard.

3) Just personal preference but perhaps different background colors would probably make the chart graph color stand out more as it's a darker color and blends with the light brown, brown and orange.

Please feel free to PM me if you want my wallet address to compare your Ethdash data vs Ethpool stats.

• TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing with the community, i will try it out
  • MrOkgsMrOkgs Member Posts: 8
  • SWDude26SWDude26 Member Posts: 132 ✭✭
    Dwarfpool isn't showing up on your dash for me, at least.
    remek4x4 said:

Looks nice, I like it. Are you planning to add other pools (Nanopool here)?

I will add other pools if they are requested and meet the requirement of having an open anonymous JSON API.

In Nanopools case this is met, i had it implemented, but during testing i found out that Nanopool started blocking the queries coming from the site, so i had to remove it. You can contact the pool operator (pinging @basyaru here) and ask if they would whitelist my site for API queries, this isn't something i can fix on my end really.
    nhando said:

Great start.

Couple of recommendation - This is just personal preferences, take it for what it's worth.

1) Where are you pulling the stats from? My total GH from ethpool shows 3.1GH but this dashboard shows 3.0GH. Also it is listing a lot of my old workers that I no longer have.

2) Can you compare how the stats are listed in Ethpool sideways. This will help reduce scrolling for many pages if you have a lot of workers. I only have 21 workers and it's 2 page scroll for Ethpool vs 10 plus page scrolling for Ethdashboard.

3) Just personal preference but perhaps different background colors would probably make the chart graph color stand out more as it's a darker color and blends with the light brown, brown and orange.

Please feel free to PM me if you want my wallet address to compare your Ethdash data vs Ethpool stats.

Thank you for your input.

All the data comes from the pool, so the data is the same, but there are minor differences in how it's presented.
    For example, to answer 1) ethpool only updates the data shown to you on their site every 5-10 minutes, my site updates the data more frequently, thus giving you the actual hashrate at this moment, not a couple minutes ago, so this is why there might be a small discrepancy. Another thing is that i'm showing the current hashrate instead of the average hashrate and a difference in the math used to calculate the rounding to one decimal can alter the result a little bit. That said, the info should be accurate, it is what the pool is reporting :)

As for the layout, i propably won't change it too much for now, i find that this way the data is more readable, but there is the scrolling issue for those with a lot of workers.
    I will be looking into the color scheme a bit and might try to incorporate different themes as options further in the development :)
    SWDude26 said:

Do you mean that when you input your address and attempt to get your miner starts from dwarfpool, the worker stats aren't showing up?

The addresses that im testing for dwarfpool seem to be working.

If you wish, you can message me your address and i will look into what might be causing this.
  • cascadia_coincascadia_coin Member Posts: 67
    MiningPoolHub.com support would be great as well.
  • SWDude26SWDude26 Member Posts: 132 ✭✭
    Smokyish said:

SWDude26 said:

Do you mean that when you input your address and attempt to get your miner starts from dwarfpool, the worker stats aren't showing up?

The addresses that im testing for dwarfpool seem to be working.

If you wish, you can message me your address and i will look into what might be causing this.
    Correct. no stats. PMing in a minute.
  • newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your efforts. One thing about EthOS though, it shows some stats about workers - but to effectively show all relevant info for EthOS users, you would need to be able to pull the EthOS stats and their mining pools stats at the same time. It's easy enough to just swap around though.

In my case, the page wont work properly in Firefox but will work in Chrome. In Firefox the drop-down field for choosing which pool (or EthOS) doesn't respond to a click, and neither does the address field - meaning when I click in the address field I can't paste anything. Probably because I can't open the one above to choose what the address is for?
  • muzzy124muzzy124 Member Posts: 78
    it doesn't show dwarfpool stats
    @SWDude26 @muzzy124 Looking into the issue, thanks for the reports!

MiningPoolHub.com support would be great as well.

Unfortunately MPH doesn't have an anynomous API that i could use to get the stats :/
    If they were to add such a thing, i would very gladly add it :)
    (cc @miningpoolhub)
    newmz said:

Thanks for your efforts. One thing about EthOS though, it shows some stats about workers - but to effectively show all relevant info for EthOS users, you would need to be able to pull the EthOS stats and their mining pools stats at the same time. It's easy enough to just swap around though.

In my case, the page wont work properly in Firefox but will work in Chrome. In Firefox the drop-down field for choosing which pool (or EthOS) doesn't respond to a click, and neither does the address field - meaning when I click in the address field I can't paste anything. Probably because I can't open the one above to choose what the address is for?

Thank you for the bug report, i will be looking into this.
    @newmz
    The Firefox issues should be solved now.
  • newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    Smokyish said:

@newmz
    The Firefox issues should be solved now.

@Smokyish wow nice work that was quick! Is it possible to add nanopool? I think their JSON data is available. I sent a small (0.5 ETH) donation.
    edited September 2016
    @newmz Basically it is possible, i answered this earlier here

Your donation is very appreciated, thank you!
    Known issues:
    • Dwarfpool stats not working if email is set on pool settings.