Quick Start Guide To Mine Ethereum

Comments

• supguyssupguys Member Posts: 23
    @agent412

- I'ts mining now! Thanks!

- I also founout if I change the config.txt it also works.

- May I know what setx is for? Because now says succed saved value. And what means all the GPU_stuuf we have to set in the bat? nobody explains that.
  • agent412agent412 Member, Moderator Posts: 293 mod
    @supguys Glad I can help! To be honest, I'm not 100% sure why the setx and GPU_ are there...i just know its needed so your rigs can mine to its fullest. :)
    @agent412 Yup you were really helpful. What you think was the problem? the spacing in the command line? was because I did not set the password? is a universal password for al pool or is just nanopool? how much time it takes to see the result in my MIST? sorry for bombing you with questions, I just adventurous to buy all this stuff and I am super curious .
    @supguys No problem, you can PM any time. I just think your bat file wasn't configured right. I've never did it with that spacing, the -mode1, -tt 1, and all the other extra stuff, so it just didn't look right to me. Also, you had this,
    -epool eth-eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999
    when is should be
    -epool eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999
    @agent412 Well, that confirms my suspects, I was terrible stupid hahahaha. Thanks dude. Sure When I finish the rig let you know via PM.
  • miner001miner001 Member Posts: 49
    Hi,
    I copied this to my start_only_eth.bat file:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethpool.org:3333 -ewal 0xEsefe15eC47ca5Cad1c2c3sfsesfe/MINER00 -epsw x

I keep getting a "share rejected" error message. But when I remove the MINER00, shares aren't rejected anymore. Is this right?

Also, I use Ethereum Wallet. I've been mining overnight and I see that my wallet says 0.00. I've been mining at about 52 MH/s. After 6 hours, I should see something right? But I don't. Do you know why?
    @miner001 i haven't used ethpool, but i think with them, if you want to show your rig you have to put .rig not /rig. Also are you sure 0xEsefe15eC47ca5Cad1c2c3sfsesfe is your wallet address? Because when i search it on ethpool, i dont see it.
    oh that's not my wallet. just use as example.

Do you mean:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethpool.org:3333 -ewal 0xEsefe15eC47ca5Cad1c2c3sfsesfe.rig -epsw x instead?

Also, I'm not doing something right with Ethereum Wallet. I have been mining for maybe 10 hours now and the wallet still shows 0.00. I should have some ETH by now.

Is there a better wallet than the one I'm using?
    @miner001 yeah that should work. And you should try mining to an exchange. I use Poloniex.
    I switched mining to dwarfpool now. How is mining with dwarfpool different from mining to an exchange like Poloniex? Still trying to understand this whole mining thing.
  • Tbone5660Tbone5660 Member Posts: 75
    edited October 2016
    @miner001 What he meant by exchange wallet is that you should open an account with Bittrex or Poloniex and then use the exchange provided wallet to collect your ETH.
  • jsanzspjsanzsp Member Posts: 195 ✭✭
    I have an Asrock b85 anniversary in theory can support 6 cards, but only I have 4 working when I put the five gpu, windows will not start, or crashes, or if it gets into your system administrator appears as a warning symbol on the card, and is not detected by Claymore's. Any suggestions??,

4 cards are rx470 Shappire but te 5 are XFX 470, want to put the different brand may be the problem? Thanks, sorry for my English
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    jsanzsp said:

I have an Asrock b85 anniversary in theory can support 6 cards, but only I have 4 working when I put the five gpu, windows will not start, or crashes, or if it gets into your system administrator appears as a warning symbol on the card, and is not detected by Claymore's. Any suggestions??,

4 cards are rx470 Shappire but te 5 are XFX 470, want to put the different brand may be the problem? Thanks, sorry for my English

u need "6 gpu mod" search that in the forums and ull find it
    just run that and let it restart
  • AbcedarianAbcedarian Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    @agent412

ASRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Motherboards - Intel Will not boot with RX 470

This whole sad story began when I hooked up all 5 cards to my old mobo with only 3 on powered risers. If I hadn't been so excited to get going I wouldn't have done it. If I had only stopped to think, I wouldn't be where I am now.

I have the new H81 Pro Btc R2.0
    This rig boots easily on ethOS with a R9-280. (That is the only way I can get into the Bios.)
    It will not boot with MSI RX 480 4gb
    I am in contact with AS Rock looking for a solution. This is the latest message -will contact HQ to look into it and get back to you as soon as I got answer. (But I expect you guy's might be smarter ;) )

Here is what I have-
    ASRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Motherboards - Intel (crap out of stock already!)
    Intel Celeron G1830 Haswell Dual-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1150 54W BX80646G1830 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2, 80+ GOLD 1300W, Fully Modular, 10 Year Warranty, Includes FREE Power On Self Tester, Power Supply 120-G2-1300-XR
    A variety of Powered risers
    The operating system is ethOS (Soon to be added is Windows 10)

Here is a Link to the users manual http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/H81 Pro BTC.pdf

I used Internet Flash for the latest Bio's
    I have Gen1 set on PCIe link speed (found that here somewhere)
    I have IPGU monitor set to disable.

Any suggestions as to a different settings or a different Bios for the Mobo?

I don't suppose the bios' shown here matter as they are for the R9's?
    http://539eaf.ethosdistro.com/

You might also notice I had the RX 470's running on a different board (454925)( I screwed up and bought that board with only 4 PCIe slots :o ) (BSOD the whole time. Could watch via stats panel and ssh in with putty)

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.
    If I get an answer from AS Rock I will let you know.

TIA
    Abe
    Post edited by Abcedarian on
    @Abcedarian
    How much RAM do you have on your rig?
    Are you trying to use both the R9 280 and RX 480?
    Are you powering the riser cables?
  • AbcedarianAbcedarian Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    @agent412 Thanks for the reply.

I have 4 mb Ram
    I am not mixing r9 and rx
    I am using powered risers. I have a few that I have been using. I have tried so many things. I tried 3 different cards direct to x16 and on riser. Will not post. Goes without trouble on R9 280 + 2x R9 390
    I am stumped.
    The AS Rock rep sent me a video of the H81 pro btc v2.0 working fine with an RX 470 8gb running. I wonder if there could be any difference between 4gb and 8gb? He said no.
    I wonder if there might be a Bios for h81 and rx 470?
    I am going to try another board. I am working with AS Rock to get another one or I might just try -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016I0X13I/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed.
  • manotrollmanotroll Member Posts: 21
    what program I can use to mine eth?

I see that the program has a colorful interface that program and that?

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021640/uploads/editor/lm/ts51ef4ha4y5.png
  • sleweyslewey Member Posts: 6
    claymore miner
  • TeampoolTeampool Member Posts: 15
    miner001 said:

I switched mining to dwarfpool now. How is mining with dwarfpool different from mining to an exchange like Poloniex? Still trying to understand this whole mining thing.

Instead of mining on a huge mining pool, why don't you join us @ teampool.

We are a brand new mining pool, you can have a try by pointing your miner to teampool.xyz:8818 for stratum mining.
  • prodigy2006prodigy2006 Member Posts: 15
    yeah well claymore overcharges with his fees, you ca easily setup genoil which is free to use, check out this link I found on youtube on genoil miner...

• tvasquezcasttvasquezcast Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, one doubt before starting with this project is: the difference of PCI-E 2.0 and 3.0 does not matter? Or is there a way to decode the data rate?
  • Lavergne82Lavergne82 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone,
    I am new in mining, i use Ethminer with 3 R9 390 8GB.
    I have the same config as show before:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool

Everuthing is working well but not for the memory of the card.
    Afterburner show me that the card use only 2GB of memory each instead fo 8GB.
    Can you help me to understand what i do wrong ?
    My catalist driver is 17.2.1

Thanks
  • EtherealmsEtherealms Member Posts: 60

yeah well claymore overcharges with his fees, you ca easily setup genoil which is free to use, check out this link I found on youtube on genoil miner...

Claymore charges 1% correct? To me that doesn't seem so bad considering the work he does and what he offers.

Or am I missing something?
  • GauravastarGauravastar Member Posts: 17
    This is the link that show very easy way to start mining.
  • deniszepodeniszepo Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2017
    a
    Post edited by deniszepo on
  • AdrianGregoryAdrianGregory Member Posts: 5
    @agent412, et al. Is it still possible to mine ETH profitably using hardware as suggested in the Guide? If so, is it expected that will come to an end anytime soon? ie is it worth it to invest in a rig still? Thank you
    @AdrianGregory The difficulty of mining ETH has went up a lot. I would not build a rig to just mine ETH right now, you may not see a quick return on your investment, and you'll probably be better off just buying ETH. BUT, you always mine other coins like ETC, XMR, ZEC. Even coins like UBIQ, PASC, DBIX are good coins to mine for the future. I plan to mine ETH until PoS then i'll mine other coins.
  • AdrianGregoryAdrianGregory Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2017
    @agent412 I'm going to follow your advice and mine for ETC. I have a PC with a ASRock Z97 Extreme3 MotherBoard I'm not a gamer and never mined before and will need to get some GPU's. It looks like it can handle up to 3 but I will prob start with 2. Can you make a recommendation on which AMD I should get for mining at this point? I understand there is a new Architecture AMD Rx Vega coming out. Should I wait on that? On the lower end CryptoCompare says the Radeon Rx 480 competes with AMD R9 390X but consumes far less power. Another site has it rated as the best overall value.
    Post edited by AdrianGregory on
    @AdrianGregory yeah the RX 480 is a great card for mining.