ethermine.org - The fastest way to mine ether

Comments

• pkanpkan Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2016
    @dr_pra, it's not the miners fault that ethermine went down. Now you're going to steal their mined ether because they were worried they were wasting electricity. I checked here and kept mining for 6 hours but there was still no response from anyone at ethermine.

Time to switch pools.
  • jammerjammer Member Posts: 4
    @pkan yes i think so. If @dr_pra needed help paying the bills he should have simply said so. Not the type of person i will likely continue doing business with. Regardless of what has actually transpired here, there is far too much potential for other "mishaps" to occur in the future. And amazingly fall within policy and favor only the pool. I need to have confidence in the pool i mine with.
  • kowolkowol Member Posts: 7
    pkan I also agree with you
    this is not miners fault !!!.
    if the rules are executed unilaterally, very sorry with regret, I will not join in this pool again forever.
    "smart people is not necessarily wise".
    @dr_pra Can you share a link to your policies?
  • miner77miner77 Member Posts: 2
    Registered just to say I'm never even looking at ethermine.org again. Lovely little stunt you guys pulled.
  • kovancekkovancek Member Posts: 13
    PPLNS is shit for mining. I don't mine on such pools.

The best is PPS, where you get paid for every share submitted, no matter what.

NiceHash uses PPS, plus they are paying more than ethereum mining anywhere else in past days...
    edited September 2016
    Looks like this pools payouts are once an hour, so even under optimal pool conditions if your miner crashes or your internet drops you could be leaking 30 minutes to the pool on average. They have to be making more from their PPLNS skimming than they do from their 1% fee.
  • mikeminermikeminer Member Posts: 38
    edited September 2016
    @dr_pra The funny thing is, I switch to ethpool.org during the trouble period. The same pool that operate by you.
    Now ethermine.org being unreasonable and dont pay what we had mine? Called me pool hoping?
  • SIRacer09SIRacer09 Member Posts: 246 ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I think everyone is being a little harsh here. @dr_pra had an issue with a DB. He's corrected the issue. He's giving 0% fees until further notice - "Mining fee is currently at 0% until further notice!" What else do you want him to do? Yes, it sucks, but he has been one of the most, if not most, respected members of this community. He has always been very helpful to everyone. He isn't trying to "steal" anything. I will be sticking with Ethermine... always paid the most for me. Just my 2 cents...
    SIRacer09 said:

I think everyone is being a little harsh here. @dr_pra had an issue with a DB. He's corrected the issue. He's giving 0% fees until further notice - "Mining fee is currently at 0% until further notice!" What else do you want him to do? Yes, it sucks, but he has been one of the most, if not most, respected members of this community. He has always been very helpful to everyone. He isn't trying to "steal" anything. I will be sticking with Ethermine... always paid the most for me. Just my 2 cents...

I dont mind pay for the 1% pool fee to be honest. The problem is some of us lost many hours of production. That is a lot of 1% pool fee. By the way, you did know that the 0% pool fee was for 24 hours initially. Now it extended until further notice. I wonder why?

Not paying miner because of pool problem and not miner problem are not harsh?
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Sounds like some users in this thread should read up on the PPLNS system. I think it's much better than PPS as you have a chance to receive a higher payout vs PPS when rounds are paid out extra when blocks are mined consecutively.

Bottom line is besides the database reporting issue, the pool was otherwise mining fine and you guys left to go to another pool. Once you did that you weren't generating new rounds to be paid out, but should be paid for the rounds you did mine. Before you start talking about wasting electricity, I have over 1ghs of gear on ethermine and I guarantee it burns more electricity than the ones complaining in this thread. It did concern me when reported went to 0's, but that's not a needed stat so I didn't care. Genoils and Claymore both have a setting on their miners where you turn off the reported hash rate reporting to the pool, so seeing 0's didn't bother me. I actually prefer the 0's as it cleans my hash rate graph up...

Thanks @dr_pra for fixing the issue, sending out payments and 0% fees for 24hrs!!

Sounds like some users in this thread should read up on the PPLNS system. I think it's much better than PPS as you have a chance to receive a higher payout vs PPS when rounds are paid out extra when blocks are mined consecutively.

Bottom line is besides the database reporting issue, the pool was otherwise mining fine and you guys left to go to another pool. Once you did that you weren't generating new rounds to be paid out, but should be paid for the rounds you did mine. Before you start talking about wasting electricity, I have over 1ghs of gear on ethermine and I guarantee it burns more electricity than the ones complaining in this thread. It did concern me when reported went to 0's, but that's not a needed stat so I didn't care. Genoils and Claymore both have a setting on their miners where you turn off the reported hash rate reporting to the pool, so seeing 0's didn't bother me. I actually prefer the 0's as it cleans my hash rate graph up...

Thanks @dr_pra for fixing the issue, sending out payments and 0% fees for 24hrs!!

Problem here is: I dont get paid what I had mine.

FYI, I too had over 1ghs of mining gear on ethermine.
  • MadpacketMadpacket Member Posts: 25
    edited September 2016

I have over a GH and think not getting paid for 6 hours isn't fair. There was zero communication so we had no idea we were (going) to get paid. The logical thing to do is switch pools in a situation like that.

Given the effort of switching pools wasn't trivial due to the nature of the failure (didn't allow for fail over) I will not be returning to ethermine unless payouts are delivered.

Hopefully DR.PRA can understand this. Zero fees for 24 hours means little to a GH miner for 6 hours of mining.
    edited September 2016
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    I mine on ethermine since my beginning and if there was a problem @dr_pra was here and explained it and repaired it.

And i never got less eth or similar.
    Thanks for that :)
    dr_pra said:

I agree that our anti pool hopping policy is harsh in this specific case. A small minority of miners left the pool because of the recent database issue and were not longer mining at the pool when the remaining rewards were distributed among the pool miners. Therefore everybody who did not leave the pool during the issue did receive a slightly higher reward compared to what they should have received.

We identified all miners affected by this issue and decided to refund them accordingly. In total around 200 distinct miners were affected by this issue totaling in ~30 Ethers to be paid out in addition which will be covered by us. The distribution is based on the average effective hashrate the miner had during the problematic period. A list of affected miners and their average effective hashrate over the problematic period can be seen at https://gist.github.com/anonymous/2d6279b98329a53cd3a18fbcfeb5a0de.

The distribution has been carried out and your balance was updated.

Thanks again for mining with us and we are again sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much. Much appreciated.
    Thank you for the payment that many deserved.
  • Techman34Techman34 Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    jammer said:

dr_pra said:

I agree that our anti pool hopping policy is harsh in this specific case. A small minority of miners left the pool because of the recent database issue and were not longer mining at the pool when the remaining rewards were distributed among the pool miners. Therefore everybody who did not leave the pool during the issue did receive a slightly higher reward compared to what they should have received.

We identified all miners affected by this issue and decided to refund them accordingly. In total around 200 distinct miners were affected by this issue totaling in ~30 Ethers to be paid out in addition which will be covered by us. The distribution is based on the average effective hashrate the miner had during the problematic period. A list of affected miners and their average effective hashrate over the problematic period can be seen at https://gist.github.com/anonymous/2d6279b98329a53cd3a18fbcfeb5a0de.

Thank you very much. Much appreciated.
    Wow @dr_pra that is awesome of you. I didn't hop b/c I saw that I was still getting shares so I was confident you'd correct things soon enough. This is just more evidence of why so many of us are mining with you. Great job.
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    mikeminer said:

Madpacket said:

I have over a GH and think not getting paid for 6 hours isn't fair. There was zero communication so we had no idea we were (going) to get paid. The logical thing to do is switch pools in a situation like that.

Given the effort of switching pools wasn't trivial due to the nature of the failure (didn't allow for fail over) I will not be returning to ethermine unless payouts are delivered.

Hopefully DR.PRA can understand this. Zero fees for 24 hours means little to a GH miner for 6 hours of mining.
    @Madpacket & @mikeminer

If you guys truly have over 1ghs, then why are you bouncing it to another pool when you know the issue will be fixed and taken care of? Surely you know you lose money by doing that given the amount of hash and the time it takes to ramp up after a move. @dr_pra always makes good on matters like this, so it's your own fault for leaving..I mean read through this thread and you will see every instance where there was an issue and @dr_pra fixed it, paid out the missing funds and gave 0% fees as a side bonus.

Even though I didn't get paid for the "6 hour" interval as you say, I have now been paid for that time plus some by @dr_pra, so your arguments are invalid as you would've been paid out had you stayed.

Moral of the story, don't leave the pool unless your miners stop hashing and the pool is completely down. If that's not acceptable to you or ethermines pool hop policy, there are plenty of other pools to mine at.

mikeminer said:

Madpacket said:

@Madpacket & @mikeminer

If you guys truly have over 1ghs, then why are you bouncing it to another pool when you know the issue will be fixed and taken care of? Surely you know you lose money by doing that given the amount of hash and the time it takes to ramp up after a move. @dr_pra always makes good on matters like this, so it's your own fault for leaving..I mean read through this thread and you will see every instance where there was an issue and @dr_pra fixed it, paid out the missing funds and gave 0% fees as a side bonus.

Even though I didn't get paid for the "6 hour" interval as you say, I have now been paid for that time plus some by @dr_pra, so your arguments are invalid as you would've been paid out had you stayed.

Moral of the story, don't leave the pool unless your miners stop hashing and the pool is completely down. If that's not acceptable to you or ethermines pool hop policy, there are plenty of other pools to mine at.
    Did I said I know the issue going to get fix in anywhere here? There is no communication, no announcement many hours after the problem happen.

If me or any other affected 200 miners can "predict" like what you said. There will be non-issue. But now this ethermine not pay what miner mined did happened. 200 or so miner affected. Not just me or @Madpacket or few other that voice out here.

@dr_pra only start 0% pool fee until further notice (not just 24 hours) and start payout what ethermine owned this 200 miners, after much pressured from these few vocal persons.

Furthermore, I don't need to proof to you that i had over 1GHs rig..
    But, I am among the top 10 in the list that @dr_pra show: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/2d6279b98329a53cd3a18fbcfeb5a0de.

dr_pra said:

Thanks for making good on the Ether. This is how you keep customers ;)

FYI my address isn't on the list and I haven't been paid. Should I submit another ticket? I'm sure it's just an oversight.
  • dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    @Madpacket yes please create a ticket so that we can check
    edited September 2016
    dr_pra said:

Thanks. I replied to the original ticket e-mail response with the details. If that's not adequate I can submit a new ticket. Much appreciated.
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the repayment!
    dr_pra said:

Just wanted to let others know that they credited my account after sending in my details. Thanks for taking care of my issue so quickly! Very professional.

From a lessons learned perspective I understand we don't have traditional SLA's defined to go by like with an ISP in the event of an issue.

In addition to excellent service perhaps something can be defined by your company to further differentiate your pool from the rest?

Just a thought....
  • buffybuffy Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    When database issue happend, I had about midnight here. It's started with
    zero reported hashrate, but current was OK. I went to sleep. I think that "no answer" could be only @dr_pra in sleep mode :) I understand that if anybody has work day, no answer in his time is suck. But everybody must sleep... it may be the case. Don't panic guys. Ethermine is great pool.
  • AggressionsAggressions United StatesMember Posts: 11
    I think the database issue is fixed and new update says that 0%transaction fees until further notice.
  • dude1981dude1981 Member Posts: 1
    If the mining fee is 0%, is the TX price supposed to show 0 too? Mine doesn't. https://etherchain.org/tx/0x055251785defc5b0ef871594f06d1a3362382a62eb141fba9007e0857a4db4c7
  • robegamesrobegames Member Posts: 41
    hi Everyone,

Ethereum Mining Monitor v1.3 is available for download from the app store:

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ethereum-mining-monitor/id1139650210?mt=8

updates:
    - Added support for Dwarfpool
    - Added support for Nanopool
    - You can now view rack location of ethOS mining rigs

please spare a moment to leave rating on the app store. thanks

Donations are appreciated too:
    ETH: 0x05D828837253693f5C867D08F77Af90cB2BE1B03
    BTC:1NYnc5pyjyrhcTaViA39tKGU1DUb94Lunp