Rx 480 8gb problem

contactcontact Member Posts: 36
windows restart after randomly time period even i use ethminer for mining or just idle screen its restart

msi motherboard z97 guard pro
psu is corsair 750x 80 plus gold
ram 8 gb
intel dual core
1x xfx rx 480 8gb oc 1328
windows 10 64 bit with latest amd driver and also checked cd driver with card

and i am using powerd usb riser

i just checked in GPU-Z VDDC is 1.1313 is it normal??

kindly help me to solve this issue

Comments

• hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    Did you overclock your GPU? Maybe you're overclocking too much, or undervolting too much.

Did you turn off Windows automatic updates? That could also be making your computer restart
  • Tbone5660Tbone5660 Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2016
    Make sure you set Windows to not sleep in the power options.
  • contactcontact Member Posts: 36
    hasher said:

Did you overclock your GPU? Maybe you're overclocking too much, or undervolting too much.

Did you turn off Windows automatic updates? That could also be making your computer restart

i did not touch anything in Wattman. its showing 1310 to 1308 core clock and memory clock 2000 mhz

and about undervolting option i do not know where is it in Wattman even i did not setting anything. i am running on default settings.

no i did not turn off windows updates. i will check this. but i think it will not help
    Tbone5660 said:

Make sure you set Windows to not sleep in the power options.

yes this option i have already set not to sleep but same situation

• TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I had this problem,or a similar problem, on one of my rigs. It turned out to be bad PSU cables to the gpu

also in power options you may want to try turning off the pcie lane power saver feature

I had this problem,or a similar problem, on one of my rigs. It turned out to be bad PSU cables to the gpu

also in power options you may want to try turning off the pcie lane power saver feature

I have change also psu cables pcie and also turned off pci express power saving option but same problem :( please help me on this.

is it possible windows issue? should I install windows 7?
    hasher said:

I have done turning off windows update in administrator tools in services but same problem still exit :(
    is it possible motherboard maybe faulty?
  • EfterlysTEfterlysT Member Posts: 99
    If you use a wifi connection to your miner a simple way of shutting down updates are to set your connection as metered. Then it wont even download the updates. I had serious problems with reboots before i did that on my rigs, now they just keep on rolling without issues.

Did you change the setting in your power plan settings to never power down ?

And for last, this is where you undervolt in wattman:
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1577332.msg15847460#msg15847460
    Thank you for all helping me i think it was windows issue i change windows and install windows 7 now ok but i am on 4 cards but i have 5 cards so windows 7 5 cards support?