Check Ether Balance

AndrewAndrew Member Posts: 19
I saw on the main website ethereum.org there is a place to check one's balance if one enters their ether address.

Is the "ether address" the email address used when purchasing the Ether or maybe the .json file? I tried entering my email address, and got an error message, and my .json attachment doesn't open?

This is a a good learning lesson that Ethereum needs to have "Ethereum for Dummies" directions as well.

Comments

• vaXvaX Austin, TXMember Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    Andrew said:

"Ethereum for Dummies" . . . [locating] "ether address" directions

@Andrew try this:

1. Open 'TextEdit' (on mac) or 'NotePad' (on win)
    2. Click 'File' in the navigation bar (top of screen) of whichever app you're using
    3. Select 'Open'
    4. Locate the .json file that you downloaded
    5. Open it
    6. When the file opens (in TextEdit or NotePad), press 'command + F' (mac) 'CNTRL+F' (win) to enable search (you'll be searching the contextual content of your .json file)
    7. In the 'find' field, type: ethaddr (the app will then search the .json file and highlight: ethaddr)
    8. The number in quotations, to the right of the word 'ethaddr', following ":" is your ether address.
  • AndrewAndrew Member Posts: 19
    @vax Worked perfectly!
  • peachesgirl777peachesgirl777 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Vax. I just dont know how to python software to be able to visualize my purchased ethers. Could u pl help. My ether address frm the wallet is below.Thks.
    [email protected]

f11652121d0b40f459f31a73d4659232b9769997