RX 470 mining

Comments

• newtechznewtechz Tokyo, JapanMember Posts: 66
    newtechz said:

zono said:

newtechz said:

cscheat said:

newtechz said:

I modded bios to my 470 card(HS-470R4LTNR). but dose not work with this error.
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) ...

I can make othere card. Of course same process to do that. How do i fix it?

boot in safe mode, patch the amd file, the restart with option 7 (win10)
    Is this correct? still showing same errror code 43.
    1. boot in safe mode
    2. patch the atikmdag
    3. restart with option 7.
    4. Check device manager, showing error.
    Any1 willing to do a tutorial video on youtube for us dumbheads?!
    I don't get how to patch atikmdag (where is that file?), what is the meaning "restart with option 7"....??
    here how to do override driver properly in windows.
    but i did not make to patch modded bios. had error code 43 everytime.

Step 1 : Download the modded AMD Driver file here

@RavinderDhillon Why do i have to replace original atikmdag.sys with the patched one?
    I finaly made it!!
    I did process from this post.
    1. Disable card on device manager
    2. Replace the atikmdag.sys
    3. Enable card on device manager
    4. Modify bios on AtiFlash
    5. Reboot.
    Thanks to @boysie
  • newtechznewtechz Tokyo, JapanMember Posts: 66
    I finaly did it. very low wattage but hashrate is sucks.

• TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    cscheat said:

cscheat said:

Cipery said:

Hi guys, can anyone hook me up with modded 470 nitro rom? Thanks a lot

I would like to create a database of those having 4GB/ 8GB & models at the beginning of this thread.

Those who wish to contribute please fill in the form here

https://goo.gl/forms/GDN4MxVgZuav136G3
    i made and input, but mine was a reference model sapphire so i picked some other random model and made a comment about it, i might make another if i update anything. I may add my 480 info tomo
    thanks for the input ! Just added in sapphire reference too. @Truthchanter can you key in again ???
    Sure

edit: i submited another but forgot to add dcri @ 19 seems good
    newtechz said:

your core clock is 900 and is low. I use 1065 which works well (-12.5%)
  • c2n14c2n14 Member Posts: 22
    newtechz said:

Yeah, because with present drivers if you go above 1750 mem the hashrate will be lower...

• YogiYogi Member Posts: 147 ✭✭
    Very happy with the nitros
    newtechz said:

TURN DOWN YA WATT!

• cscheatcscheat Member Posts: 147 ✭✭
    come on guys !

help me fill in the data. Sharing is caring

cscheat said:

come on guys !

Will you make a 480 one too?
  • zonozono Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    zono said:

What tha fuck just happened? I followed steps and now this???

So basicaly I fucked up my windows after trying to follow those steps for moded bios etc...Just reinstalled win...I will run them on stock clocks/bios.
    msi 4gb - 20.5mh
    xfx 4gb - 22mh
    ETH only
  • cscheatcscheat Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

cscheat said:

come on guys !

Will you make a 480 one too?
    I have 8 pcs of 480 too.. but will focus more on 470 first. these card looks interesting better ROI
    zono said:

zono said:

So basicaly I fucked up my windows after trying to follow those steps for moded bios etc...Just reinstalled win...I will run them on stock clocks/bios.
    msi 4gb - 20.5mh
    xfx 4gb - 22mh
    ETH only
    seems like the MSI/Gigabyte/Asus all having the same slow mem chips (1650mhz)

XFX/Powercolor/Sapphire all using hynix

• BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    zono said:

zono said:

msi 4gb - 20.5mh
    xfx 4gb - 22mh
    ETH only
    This probably happens to a majority of users.
    I stay with default or straight OC, don't want to brick the card(s).
    Also, endless tweaking results in less mining, not more.
    MSI 470 card can overclock to at least 1900 (effective 7600 from initial 6700) according to some posts elsewhere.
  • XenoXeno Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2016
    I'm currently making a USB that runs windows. Gonna check if I can just plug it into my rig and flash from within the USB. I will let you know if it works.

Could be a much easier way than having a separate windows build just for flashing.

Edit: no go, no matter what I do, it always coming up with a message saying I need to run cmd in admin mode. Which I obviously am. I'm even running the admin user account. Doesn't make any sense :neutral:

Edit 2: now got atiflash working perfectly on windows USB :smiley:
    Post edited by Xeno on
  • lukeonlukeon Member Posts: 7
    Do you think it's possible that AMD can make new drivers or wattmann and settings for bios timings will be available to edit? There should be easier way to edit them :) Should we all write to AMD?
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    lukeon said:

Do you think it's possible that AMD can make new drivers or wattmann and settings for bios timings will be available to edit? There should be easier way to edit them :) Should we all write to AMD?

don't even think about it :hushed: AMD is often very lame on normal driver packages. imagine what will happen if we do the request
  • CalivetCalivet Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    @lukeon @un4given do you guys read all of the forums? I would suggest searching for the key word wattmon. version 0.1.
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    Calivet said:

@lukeon @un4given do you guys read all of the forums? I would suggest searching for the key word wattmon. version 0.1.

did a search..nothing came out. :hushed:
  • CalivetCalivet Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    ok then just wattmon.
  • zorvalthzorvalth Member Posts: 174
    Calivet said:

ok then just wattmon.

Its a WattTool now.
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Many here are posting incorrect power figures.

If your total system consumption is 200Watts, then your GPU uses most likely 175-180Watts or so. Modern 1150 CPUs are VERY power efficient, so are harddrives and motherboard controllers. Most systems without the GPU use around 20 watts on idle.

The people that are claiming their CPU+MEMORY+HARDDRIVE uses 70watts are posting incorrect figures.

Only way to accurately measure is mine for a while, then remove the GPU from rig and measure power again. The "ZeroCore" AMD tech is bvllsh1t and many of AMDs GPUs while not in use still use like 20 watts on idle.

• lukeonlukeon Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2016
    Calivet said:

ok, I see

but it seems same settings as in amd wattmann, so still need to flash bios to set: memory straps from 1500 put into 1625, 1750, and 2000 (like you guys are doing in Polaris)
    Am I wrong? :)
  • hellmouthhellmouth Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2016
    i have been reading and reading this topic, but does someone has a rom or best settings for a sapphire rx 470 nitro oc ?im total new to flashing cards so a little bit of advice or best settings would help very much !
    i already see with polaris editor i need to copy the settings of 1500 to 1625/1750/2000 .
    thanks !
    lukeon said:

Calivet said:

ok, I see

but it seems same settings as in amd wattmann, so still need to flash bios to set: memory straps from 1500 put into 1625, 1750, and 2000 (like you guys are doing in Polaris)
    Am I wrong? :)
    Link for download this pls.
    when i click on .zip file to download it pops this:
    Sorry, you don't have the required permissions to download attachments. More information about this is available in the Attachment Permissions FAQ.

any chance someone upload this on mega/drive/dropbox... ?
    zono said:

when i click on .zip file to download it pops this:
    Sorry, you don't have the required permissions to download attachments. More information about this is available in the Attachment Permissions FAQ.

any chance someone upload this on mega/drive/dropbox... ?
    http://www.megafileupload.com/7slf/WattTool-0.5.exe
  • happytreefriendshappytreefriends Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭
    adaseb said:

The people that are claiming their CPU+MEMORY+HARDDRIVE uses 70watts are posting incorrect figures.

Not always. A celeron or even a g3250 based system with a solid state drive can pull that. Heck, I have some older dell Core2Duo motherboards than I can mine using 4 pcie slots and a C2D e5400 with a 120GB sandisk SSD and it's pulling an average of 65watts.

I run also a celeron J1800 on an intel mobo with an OCZ 240GB SSD and it pulls 40watts.

On another note, I found that with the XFX RX470's (which are best bang for your buck) stock settings, gets me 21.5MH, overclock the memory by even 50MH to 1800MHZ total and it drops to 19.6MH. Overclock the GPU by 8% and I get 22.9MH-23.1MH and only use 110watts per card directly.
  • XenoXeno Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2016
    After spending about 12 hours trying different (39) combinations of settings, it looks like the best I can get from my Asus strix 470 4gb is about 24.5mhs. This is with 1000mhz/800mV core, 2000mhz/800mV mem. With 1500 strap all the way up to 2000.

I was able to get them up to around 26-27, but after a few minutes would drop to about 21. No matter what I do, I can't seem to change the fan speeds though. Tried changing min, med and high pwm to 80% but the cards are still quiet and subdued as fuck. Using Polaris BIOS editor. I'm sure I could push it a little further with some know how...

Edit: forgot to mention the whole (6 card) rig is using about 850-870w at the wall.
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    @Xeno yeah avoid those lower level ASUS cards I have one that wont go over 24.3 mhs either and that's with a modded bios and a nice oc
  • boysieboysie Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    who cares what your system uses when idle? is it idle when mining? It sure is not.

best way to tell how much it uses is with 2 PSUs of identical size and you still need to take into account input v output at load %

if you correctly setup the cards and PSU then you will end up with 3 risers and 3 GPUS with out the system and a PSU with all the system and 3 cards and 3 risers. the diff will be the system during mining.

old mob might not mean more watts but it is more likely. things like on board raid and lots of over clocking features often suck up extra watts, turn off in bios helps but doesn't eliminate them

running around 60% load
    using dual evga 850w P2
    @ 230v
    H97 Anniversary with 2 sticks of ram a G1840 and a low end SSD
    uses 45W at the wall.

plus you all quote at wall with out details of psu type and V 110 or 230 allowing you to calculate the @ card watt which is really the only one you should be using.

you can go one further and get the MH per W which will also help u find the right setting, but don't assume just because you are using twice as much power that its less profitable, power might only account for 10% of the spend so its not linier relation to profit.

and the last issue is MH doesn't really mean much if your finding less shares...if like most wise ppl you are in a pool then the shares you submit are the important part, having a card do 29MH but submit less overall shares
    is clearly going to net you less profit than a 28MH card submitting more shares. So check the pool side over several days to get a better picture.
    speed/power/shares

Boysie
  • cvekscveks Member Posts: 62

470 4gb: better watts in gpuz 80-82.5w @ 28mhs dual mining -12.5%(1065)/880mv and 2000/850mv

which model of 470 4gb do you use ? I see that Asus is at this moment worthless because can't be pushed over 21-24 mh. Which rom you used on them ?