GPU Tweaking software that will change settings of all 6 480's in one place?

cpluscotecpluscote Member Posts: 86
edited August 2016 in Mining
I want something like the old afterburner that will set the same values across all similar cards. Is there anything out like this that's compatible with 480's yet? It's becoming a real pain in the ass using Wattman.

Any alternative routes to fixing this problem would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• SunyataSunyata Member Posts: 35
    Try Asus GPU Tweak II.
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    cpluscote said:

I want something like the old afterburner that will set the same values across all similar cards. Is there anything out like this that's compatible with 480's yet? It's becoming a real pain in the ass using Wattman.

Any alternative routes to fixing this problem would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

yeah we all would appreciate such software. getting pissed each time the wattmann resets the settings. doing all the setting for the whole rig is pain in the a....
  • boysieboysie Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    That's why I released my bios roms...its effectively putting the setting to what u need and as long as they work you can tweak and a reset won't mean it all goes back to a horrid difficult to now change 30 different options across 6 cards.

It's worth getting used to making your own that work for what u need...it avoids the reset issue.

Boysie
  • cpluscotecpluscote Member Posts: 86
    @boysie will your bios roms work with 4GB and 8GB? I have 3 of each in my 480 rig. Sounds intruiging. I have read through your threads and it looks like you're doing some great work. I just don't want to brick my cards.... haha
  • boysieboysie Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    I have 5 4gb cards and 1 8gb card...I use the 8GB XFX REF rom as the starting point and apply the settings from there.

I have this flashed to all of my cards, the only ones that top out before the others are the sapphire...I will investigate them later with a starting point of a sapphire rom but they should be identical. But who knows.

there is no reason this should brick your cards but you do all of it at your own risk.

test 1 at a time...see how u go.

use the cmd line it seems to work a bit better than the UI

with the rom in the same DIR as ATIFLASH.exe

use

ATIFLASH.exe -i

this will list your cards

flash with

ATIFLASH.exe -p 0 file.rom

0 = the index of the card you want to flash
    file.rom = the bios rom file to flash with.

don't forget to backup your current ROM and store safe. Use the UI or GPUz for this its just easier.

if the card is say a Sapphire then you will need to use the -f to force it on

ATIFLASH.exe -f -p 0 file.rom

but remember don't flash a ref BIOS on a non ref card....that will cause a world of hurt. and a few moments you dont want.

enjoy.

Boysie

• hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    I've also moved to GPU Tweak II - i must admit, its a million times easier than messing around with WattMon! MSI Afterburner style adjustments with a similar interface. Just make sure you get the latest version from Asus' website, as the older version refuses to set clocks on more than 2 cards.

Speaking of which, has anyone figured out how to force undervolt with GPU Tweak? When I set an undervolt, it moves it back to the default setting after 3 seconds. I really need to drop the voltage on my 480s, and they are PowerColor 480 Red Devils (non-ref) so bios flashing is out of the question for now, until someone makes one that works.

Currently pushing the cards to 28MH/400SIA in claymore with 2250MHz (9000Mhz) memclock adjustment only.
    I've also moved to GPU Tweak II - i must admit, its a million times easier than messing around with WattMon! MSI Afterburner style adjustments with a similar interface. Just make sure you get the latest version from Asus' website, as the older version refuses to set clocks on more than 2 cards.

Speaking of which, has anyone figured out how to force undervolt with GPU Tweak? When I set an undervolt, it moves it back to the default setting after 3 seconds. I really need to drop the voltage on my 480s, and they are PowerColor 480 Red Devils (non-ref) so bios flashing is out of the question for now, until someone makes one that works.

Currently pushing the cards to 28MH/400SIA on Claymore with only a 2250MHz (9000MHz) adjustment on the memclock.

Currently pushing the cards to 28MH/400SIA in claymore with 2250MHz (9000Mhz) memclock adjustment only.

Currently pushing the cards to 28MH/400SIA on Claymore with only a 2250MHz (9000MHz) adjustment on the memclock.