Dual mining Eth/Sia.. worth wear/tear?

fuchs_itfuchs_it Member Posts: 36
With exchange rates where they are right now, I'm making about double in Sia coins what I lose in Eth from the lower hashrate while dual mining. (~ 88MH/s vs 81MH/s + 1200MH/s)

However, with the increase in power/heat, I'm wondering if that extra is worth the wear and tear from heat, higher fan use, more power overall, and work load on the chips.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    Inseriert the sia intensity on that point where i dont lose eth hashrate...
    For me it's a win/win Situation, the 480s like the dualmining ;)
  • GaseousMaximusGaseousMaximus Member Posts: 14
    Siacoin pays for all my electricity so the Ethereum mined is pure profit.
  • fuchs_itfuchs_it Member Posts: 36

Inseriert the sia intensity on that point where i dont lose eth hashrate...
    For me it's a win/win Situation, the 480s like the dualmining ;)

So I should drop the intensity until I'm closer to my original ~88MH/s and just stick with whatever my hashrate is with sia at that?
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    I would do that, -dcri for me is 28
  • fuchs_itfuchs_it Member Posts: 36
    my rates above are -dcri 30.

i'm getting 82.5 and 1,033 with 25.

82 and 1150 with 28.
  • billcryptokidbillcryptokid Member Posts: 80
    after my gpu name I just tag on "-dcri 28" ? 480x

• ShawnYShawnY Member Posts: 58
    Just jumped into Dualmining with Claymore as well, with 5x 480s.

here are my hashrates.

But i'm consuming almost 840W at the wall with only 5x 480s.

My Wattman settings are -16.5% Core, 880 - 890mv and 2150 Mem at 950mv, running on a single 1050W Seasonic Platinium Snow White.

Would appreciate any tips to lower the power comsumption so I can fit in a 6th card to max out my H81 btc pro rig.

• Jotun70Jotun70 Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    As above, it seems like the best route for MOST people. For me, the extra heat is just simply overbearing for my current setup (in an apartment in Southern California). I have to turn on the A/C far too often, which counter acts any additional funds I make. Mining just ETH is very easily tolerable... Much less heat, less wattage being used, and I am not paying an additional 1% on the dev fee.
    Oh yea, the heat is unbearable for me as well, living in Singapore with temperatures between 34-36c, :s

No air-conditioning for my room too, just a classic tiny fan to circulate the warm air around.
  • boysieboysie Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I'm running my mem at 2220 at 940 so you can come down some on that or raise the mem up to 2220

I'm running my cores at -6.5% @ 910 so yours looks about right

mine are running around 188w each at the wall.

dual mining 27.2/477 DCRI 35.

Boysie
  • wemaymorewemaymore Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2016
    boysie said:

I'm running my mem at 2220 at 940 so you can come down some on that or raise the mem up to 2220

Boysie
    Is this nitro+ 4gb(8gb)? Or what?
    Stock bios?
    want to buy 480s but don't know which is better. 27 + 480 is really good
    Post edited by wemaymore on
    @wemaymore ref 480 4/8gb (both)

after my gpu name I just tag on "-dcri 28" ? 480x

I found dcri 20 to be my sweet spot. 24-26mh/s and 250ish mh/s SC
    edited August 2016
    boysie said:

Boysie

man, Im using stock settings but 2250 mem and Im only getting the above hash on 8gb 480

EDIT: Windows 10 with 16.8.1, dcri at -20
    @billcryptokid well dont use stock settings with mem @ 2250 then...im not sure what else to say...there are plenty of settings to try ..in fact lots of um.

Boysie
    boysie said:

@billcryptokid well dont use stock settings with mem @ 2250 then...im not sure what else to say...there are plenty of settings to try ..in fact lots of um.

Boysie

Ive been trying different settings and cant find any stable, however I havent tried since being on windows 10. I tried many of your settings i found throughout the forum specifically and couldnt get it right. Ill try now that I have updated. thanks.
  • Lokken86Lokken86 Member Posts: 28
    ShawnY said:

Oh yea, the heat is unbearable for me as well, living in Singapore with temperatures between 34-36c, :s

No air-conditioning for my room too, just a classic tiny fan to circulate the warm air around.

That's my idea of living hell! I thought it got warm here in Scotland...but only cos I live in the middle floor of a 3 apartment block.The good thing is the 3 day Summer is almost over and in Winter at least I'll get free heating from the mining rig and the neighbors.
    boysie said:

Wow! I can buy 480's 4gb Nitro+ at 220$
    Will this card better then ref? Dual bios is well, but interesting - is 27-450 possible hashrate for 480 nitro+ 4gb. What do you think?
    wemaymore said:

boysie said:

Will this card better then ref? Dual bios is well, but interesting - is 27-450 possible hashrate for 480 nitro+ 4gb. What do you think?
    Wow, over here in Singapore, 480 4gb are non-existent. 8gb cards are going for SGD$390 to $400 here..
    edited August 2016
    ShawnY said:

wemaymore said:

boysie said:

Wow, over here in Singapore, 480 4gb are non-existent. 8gb cards are going for SGD$390 to $400 here..
    In my country (Kyrgyzstan) price for 480 is too about 400-430. I am buing at computeruniverse.. 45$ delievery to my home
  • FlexinFlexin FranceMember Posts: 45
    I don't know if for me Dual mining ETH/SC, should be worth, since the Kw here in France is 0,15 € cts...

At the moment, i mining ETH only with 6 RX480 8GB, 16.7.3 and Windows 10 with 162mh/s, and 800-840 watts for the whole rig, with famous @boysie settings, running smoothly since 3 days without rejections

The undervolting and power comsuption are really important for me and for a ROI back faster that's why i ask you guys, do you think the dual mining should be a good option for me ?

And With ~ 900 watts and not more 1000 watts because the electricity Bill will be a too much expensive... what stats can i have for the whole rig in Dual mining ?

Thanks
  • Lokken86Lokken86 Member Posts: 28
    Is SIA better than DCR for duel mining these days?
    Lokken86 said:

Is SIA better than DCR for duel mining these days?

it all depends on the hashrate, there are several sites that will determine that for you. Search for most profitable coin to mine, usually gives you a few sites to choose from.
    boysie said:

Boysie

I was never able to update till now. I got the W down to 102 avg, with 2220/930. However, when I got to undervolt or set freq. It will change it, but then it immediately gives me all grayed out options(gpu clock/volt only) when I start to mine.

boysie said:

Boysie

I was never able to update till now. I got the W down to 102 avg, with 2220/930. However, when I got to undervolt or set freq. It will change it, but then it immediately gives me all grayed out options(gpu clock/volt only) when I start to mine.
    You can only adjust Wattman when you stop mining. After any changes to Wattman, you got to reboot for the changes to take effect otherwise Wattman goes wonky.