Ethereum on demand

just like bitcoin is on demand and a limit of 21 million bitcoins available, will
Ethereum have a limit of production?

Comments

• rodolforodolfo Chicago,ILMember Posts: 10
    So I'm pulling the {break} not buying any "ethers" will ether become a rise top like bitcoin did in 2013. at the end of 2013 bitcoin was worth about $1000 bucks then price felled to about $600.00 so what about now, does Ether bring a speculative market in which we can all speculate, or its just a hype like Android Smart Watches that can access data on the Galaxy 4...please write your comments!
  • JasperJasper Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    Check the whitepaper(pdf), if 1.198X initially, 0.26X issued per year where X is the amount of ethers sold. That is 21.7% mined the first year, and less every year after, but it does not have an upper limit. I reckon growth of the network will probably exceed that. Of course that doesnt say much about if too many ethers have been bought. The less has been bought by parties willing to sell early, the less the supply at the beginning and the higher the price.(and the converse!)
    Ether bring a speculative market in which we can all speculate, or its just a hype like Android Smart Watches that can access data on the Galaxy 4...please write your comments!
    If everyone is speculating then it'd also be hype. Though i am sure speculating on stuff will occur, plenty of other things to do.