Selling up

heandog69heandog69 Member Posts: 283 ✭✭
Anyone in the uk interested in two machines with a total of 228m/hash, plus two more r9 380's, 3 x r9 390's, 5 x rx480's

Totaly hash rate once other two r9 380s are installed would be 268m/hash

£1850

All equipment available from middlesbrough

Comments

• boysieboysie Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    any chance of some pics and details of mobo/psu/proc/ssd cards make etc?

thanks

Boysie
  • heandog69heandog69 Member Posts: 283 ✭✭
    3x r480 are xfx black editions, 3x r9 390 are xfx black editions, 2x rx480 are sapphires, and 2x r9 380 are asus
  • boysieboysie Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    awesome ty I will pm u
  • TrantidonTrantidon Member Posts: 65
    Would you ship to spain? do you sell the RX480 separatelly?
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I saw pictures of a pretty valid looking asic recently... Wouldn't invest in more GPUs at the moment.

That motherboard looks to me like an AM1 3pci which means you can't install the extra 2x380

Not to mention you will be looking at 1200w power draw and the power supply is 1050
    Post edited by bbcoin on
  • ShawnYShawnY Member Posts: 58
    bbcoin said:

I saw pictures of a pretty valid looking asic recently... Wouldn't invest in more GPUs at the moment.

That motherboard looks to me like an AM1 3pci which means you can't install the extra 2x380

Not to mention you will be looking at 1200w power draw and the power supply is 1050

what kind of asic for Eth?
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    ShawnY said:

bbcoin said:

Basically someone managed to get what looks like 8x undervolted rx480 chips (based on performance) into a server box. Then it's connected to a mini PC something like zotac makes. Most likely with 8 GB of RAM and low power CPU.

Difference isn't massive but still it's a bit more efficient than normal GPU rig

Downside is the price. They want a lot of USD with current GBP exchange doesn't make sense. It also confirms they most likely got rx480 chips (maybe even entire PCB) and want to make profit on top of it.
    bbcoin said:

Motherboard can take 5 gpus would need a 16x to 16x ribbon to free up the 5th pcie it is a gigabyte board. So it will take the two extra cards with two ribbonss as both boards are identical.

This is priced fairly and probably on the cheap side.

I doubt any asic at this speed will be viable price wise for the next 6 month or more
    Trantidon said:

Would you ship to spain? do you sell the RX480 separatelly?

No i shipped to portugal recently my item got lost and returned to me smashed and bashed and for my troubles ebay refunded the buyer even thought it was his fault on not supplying the correct address.
    Cpus are are amd fx 4100 and fx 4200 8 gb ram and one has a 256gb ssd and 500gb hd the other has a 1tb sata drive.
    few interested but no definate sale, i may sell cards separately and post if enough interested but posting will entirely be at buyers risk
    edited August 2016
    Prices for cards

XFX r9 390's black edition £150 each 3 available

Asus r9 380's £100 each 2 available

Sapphire rx480 8 gb's £200 each 2 available

XFX rx480 black edition 8gb. £200 1 available

All prices posted to uk

up we go new price on the rx480s would be £185 each delivered to uk
  • remek4x4remek4x4 Republic of PolandMember Posts: 76
    Any warranties on those cards?
    remek4x4 said:

Any warranties on those cards?

yeah, between 10-12 months on the rx480's and about 3-5 months left on the other cards thanks
    offers are welcome, rx480s sold pending payment thanks
    Thats the rx480's sold, i also have 35 ether for £275 if anyone wants it
  • YogiYogi Member Posts: 147 ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    bbcoin said:

ShawnY said:

bbcoin said:

Basically someone managed to get what looks like 8x undervolted rx480 chips (based on performance) into a server box. Then it's connected to a mini PC something like zotac makes. Most likely with 8 GB of RAM and low power CPU.

Difference isn't massive but still it's a bit more efficient than normal GPU rig

Downside is the price. They want a lot of USD with current GBP exchange doesn't make sense. It also confirms they most likely got rx480 chips (maybe even entire PCB) and want to make profit on top of it.

So it's basically an expensive GPU mining rig :D

But seriously.. there is some potential for ETh asics.. not to the extent we've seen before though. Just guestimating you can probably double the efficiency of current rx480's using similar chips and a good memory bus. But that's a big R&D risk against a project that may potentially switch to PoS and is working towards that. It would still be pretty expensive to buy as well! Maybe £1200 for 200 mh or so, These are rough figures.. even so im not overly concerned about investing in GPU's at this point.
  • glenn_txglenn_tx Member Posts: 67
    edited August 2016
    I thought I read that ASIC is technically/fundamentally not possible with ETH and that the developers designed it that way. Am I wrong?

Even it it is, I'd think we'd find out differently that from a picture someone saw.

If I'm wrong, I wouldn't be surprised.
  • chairmanpowchairmanpow Member Posts: 1
    heandog69 said:

Are you getting out of the mining game? Or just looking to diversify?

heandog69 said:

Are you getting out of the mining game? Or just looking to diversify?
    im getting out of it

thanks
    The aluminium air frame is for sale £65 posted thanks
    1050 watt xfx power supply £70 posted
    Plenty of items left
  • KREIONKREION Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2016
    Do you still have those 390s
  • otoxotox Member Posts: 41
    glenn_tx said:

I thought I read that ASIC is technically/fundamentally not possible with ETH and that the developers designed it that way. Am I wrong?

Even it it is, I'd think we'd find out differently that from a picture someone saw.

If I'm wrong, I wouldn't be surprised.

No you are correct, the algorithm was designed to be memory heavy which would prevent ASICs from working.
    KREION said:

Do you still have those 390s

Hello yes
  • hvalentinohvalentino Member Posts: 105
    @heandog69, do you still have the Rx480?