I WILL NOT MINE ON ANY POOLS THAT HOST ETC MINING.

Comments

• MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

I tried alpereum over last night but after having all my rigs pointed to it for over 8 hours and no payout I couldn't really justify keeping them there. Ill give it another go later today.

Yeah, they had quite a run of bad variance luck over night. I noticed it too along with a few others. I emailed them and had them check on things and they confirmed that everything was running as intended and that they are capable of handling much higher hashrates.

They've mined a number of uncles and block since this morning and like I said, I've been paid 7 times since then. The more hashrate we can get pointed over there, the smoother the variance will get.

Definitely give it another go if you feel up to it. Thanks.
  • Dragonez2012Dragonez2012 Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2016
    Yeah I intend on giving it a go again for another full night tonight and see how it goes for a 24 hour run this time.

Yeah I intend on giving it a go again for another full night tonight and see how it goes for a 24 hour run this time.

Good deal. They just pushed up past 16+ GH/s and are closing in on 300 workers. The more the merrier! ;)
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    8 blocks counting the recent one a little bit ago...I switched my rigs over yesterday evening and have been paid out 2.83 ETH so far over 8 payments...my average at ethpool was 4.9 ETH a day, so interested to see who comes out on top after a week or so averaged out

8 blocks counting the recent one a little bit ago...I switched my rigs over yesterday evening and have been paid out 2.83 ETH so far over 8 payments...my average at ethpool was 4.9 ETH a day, so interested to see who comes out on top after a week or so averaged out

Yeah, I'm similar to you. They had a dry spell last night. I'm not so hung up on the money aspect of it, as I've met my ETH accumulation goals.

I'd like to see this pool grow some though for a variety of reasons -- mainly they are an ETH-only pool, and once they get some nice sustained hashrate it should help smooth out their variance.

With the 0% fee, I would think after a week or so Alpereum should pay slightly better. Will be an interesting case study.
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    I will switch my test rig to alpereum.
    If it works fine i will switch my 500mh/s too.

I will switch my test rig to alpereum.
    If it works fine i will switch my 500mh/s too.

Great to hear!
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for fucking up the Thread.

Where come all this hate and 'shitting around'?

The forum was a spot for miners to comunicate and help each other.

Im not pro nor anti ETC.
    But why the etc supporters dont have there own forum?
    edited August 2016
    To my knowledge the following pools DO NOT SUPPORT ETC: The following pools support ETC:
    • BW (Chinese)
    • Coinmine
    • Coinotron
    • Ethermine.org (via etc.ethermine.org)
    • Ethpool.org (run by same operator as ethermine)
    • F2pool (Chinese - ETC support coming soon)
    • MinerGate
    • Mininpoolhub
    • Nanopool
    If you prefer not to indirectly support or subsidize ETC, then you will want to mine with one of the 4 pools on the first list. It's as simple as that.
    Post edited by MrYukonC on

Good question. They want to be on their own and do their own thing, so they should be running their own forums rather than continuing to leach off of the official Ethereum forums.
  • zorvalthzorvalth Member Posts: 174
    edited August 2016
    The whole idea is so stupid and motivated by hate. Its like every vegetarian not to order a veggie meal from a normal restaurant? So stupid and childish... Event the Eth dev team are way more adult and not behaving like you. I dont like ETC either but that doesnt mean i will support 51% attack or some pool for that.
    zorvalth said:

that doesnt mean i will support 51% attack or some pool for that.

Nobody is talking anything about a 51% attack. You think ETC isn't motivated by hate and spite?

And yes, if you mine on a pool that offers ETC mining then you are indirectly supporting and subsidizing ETC. There is simply no denying it.

Cherry pick whatever ideological thing you want (vegetarian, etc) to try to make some kind of useless counter argument -- it doesn't change the facts of this particular matter.

After 48 hrs I'm about ~.4 ETH under my projected average which equates to ~7% -- not bad. Considering these are averages and the sample period is only 48 hrs, it just as easily could have ended up .4 ETH (~7%) above.

Will keep going and see how it smooths out over the next couple of days. Regardless, it looks like it's pretty much inline with expectations. When considering the lower hashrate, the average variance is to be expected.
  • boucbouc Member Posts: 27
    maybe this thread would have a better place in pool discussion...
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to see a poll on how many are mining etc vs eth. I haven't switched to etc but i noticed that etc has usually been more profitable, I wonder how much longer it may stay more profitable
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    May I ask why this wasn't posted in pool discussion?
    bctopics said:

What's the point? Just trying to detract from the discussion?

Pool Discussions is a recent change / addition -- I've been here since last August and didn't realize there was a change made, so I posted here, which is where I post 99% of the time. There is no grand conspiracy as to why it's here vs there.
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    MrYukonC said:

bctopics said:

What's the point? Just trying to detract from the discussion?

Pool Discussions is a recent change / addition -- I've been here since last August and didn't realize there was a change made, so I posted here, which is where I post 99% of the time. There is no grand conspiracy as to why it's here vs there.
    Not trying to detract, merely curious. :)
    G416G said:

it does seem like a 12 year old pokemon thread from the SCREAMING TITLE TRYING TO TELL YOU TO DO SOMETHING - IF I DIDN'T KNOW MRY I'D SAY IT WAS POSTED BY A CHILD

I know today's price action in ETC must be eating you up. Try not to take it out on everybody else though -- as Barry Shillbert is the one you should be yelling at in all caps with. LOL.
  • lukaisailoviclukaisailovic Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2016
    MrYukonC said:

Good question. They want to be on their own and do their own thing, so they should be running their own forums rather than continuing to leach off of the official Ethereum forums.
    Ethereum Forums have been created at time when ETH was advertised as decentralized and bla bla.... It's clearly not anymore and ETC is everything ETH was at the beginning. Point is if you are going to talk like that this is supposed to be ETC forum and ETH should create a new one

MrYukonC said:

Ethereum Forums have been created at time when ETH was advertised as decentralized and bla bla.... It's clearly not anymore and ETC is everything ETH was at the beginning. Point is if you are going to talk like that this is supposed to be ETC forum and ETH should create a new one
    Okay. /rolleyes
  • EtheresEtheres Member Posts: 76
    @MrYukonC Your more than welcome to come and try us at https://etheres.com

We have not and will not open an ETC pool, we believe that the miners chose at the time and are dedicated to sticking to ETH only. We realize that opening an ETC pool may increase profits (although we have 0% fees until the end of October) but that is not what Etheres is about.

Our pool is still rather low on the hashrate (~2GH/S) but we have found over 40 blocks and made over 200 payments thus far.

Let me know if you have any further questions :smile:
    G416G said:

I just thought I'd come back to this pathetic post to see how the promoters are doing 3 months later. Sure enough all have disappeared along with the market cap.

You wish! LOL

How's it feel to be bagholding $0.75 ETC? Are you rich yet?
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    @G416G You've been here for 11 months now. That's 11 months that we've all have to put up with your constantly abusive and insulting behaviour. That's 11 months of leniency shown to you by the "two bit promoters and scammers that run this forum". You've been warned plenty of times to cool it but you've continued to show complete disdain for the community in spite of the 'Forum Rules' of which the ones pertaining to your behaviour are as follow:
    • No adhominem (personal insults)
    • No derailing threads
    • No flooding forums many threads when one would have sufficed
    • Off topic goes to the watercooler, rules above still apply there (it's a watercooler, not a bin)
    So how about you show cause as to why you should still be allowed to stay....without being abusive.
  • lonpotts07lonpotts07 Member Posts: 63
    @o0ragman0o you are on a roll tonight... lol maybe we should call this forum the Ethereum Rightist Movement. Haha!
    @G416G It has never been your subject that is objectionable, just your delivery.
    Even with 2 bits that gives me 4 different options to deal with you:

00 Lick your feet
    01 Ignore
    10 argue
    11 ban
    Forgot to mention... option 11 is the only one I haven't tried yet
    G416G said:

don't worry about me returning, I only logged on for a kiss and a goodbye, I have no interest in this forum because I don't believe the players are honest the people making the arguments and brutally incompetent.

as for MrYukon the presumed complainer, I noticed on Reddit he is a first responder there as well with the same defense for eth and then attacking everyone else who opposes it. Don't you guys think its time you make a full disclosure as to what you are holding.

I didn't complain about anything and I'm certain ragman will gladly confirm that to be the case.

You really need to grow up G416G. Why don't you disclose who YOU are on Reddit? I have no idea. At least you know who I AM both here and there.

And nobody is scamming anyone. I really have no clue how you even come to a conclusion like that. You basically sound like a BTC maximalist. You were sooooo happy when the ETC split initially happened. And then it fell flat and you're back to being totally bitter about ETH again. It's pretty pathetic actually.
    MrYukonC said:

G416G said:

... as for MrYukon the presumed complainer,

I didn't complain about anything and I'm certain ragman will gladly confirm that to be the case.
    Correct, @MrYukonC was never one of the complainants in the time I've been moderator.