how mine ETC and ETH on same system

contactcontact Member Posts: 36

Hi

i want to know how can i mine ETC and ETH on same system and same ethereum wallet how can i do that if i want to mine today ETH and tomorrow or after some days i want to mine ETC how can i do that on same system?

waiting for help

Thanks in advance

Comments

• shutfushutfu Member Posts: 320 ✭✭
    you would have to use different wallets unless you want to cause yourself a great deal of frustration or you enjoy headaches.

You can mine both eth and ethc with the same mining program, you just point it to the appropriate ETH pool or ETHC poool. Or you use a pool like miningpoolhub and you point it to the auto-switching ethash port which automatically mines the most profitable coin
  • contactcontact Member Posts: 36
    shutfu said:

you would have to use different wallets unless you want to cause yourself a great deal of frustration or you enjoy headaches.

You can mine both eth and ethc with the same mining program, you just point it to the appropriate ETH pool or ETHC poool. Or you use a pool like miningpoolhub and you point it to the auto-switching ethash port which automatically mines the most profitable coin

you mean same ethereum wallet with no fork option with new system where ethereum with fork wallet does not exit? am i right?
  • cvipercviper Member Posts: 132 ✭✭
    just use poloniex wallet to store your ETC , mine on ETC pool and you are fine
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    @contact You can set miningpoolhub to auto-convert your ETC to ETH or BTC.
  • greenusergreenuser 50.8862°N 4.5537°WMember Posts: 439 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    MyEtherWallet.com supports both coins but not at the same time. You do not have to run geth or wait to sync. You can use them right away.
    You need to make two wallets. After you have made them but before you use them select your preferd coin. ETC or ETH
    You will have an address for each. Do ot mix them up.