Anybody in Seattle area - We are setting up a 100 system farm & I could use some help....

GSTSeattleGSTSeattle Member Posts: 6
Pardon if this is the wrong category!

Thanks guys!

Comments

• BubbaPumpsBubbaPumps Member Posts: 31
    Visit a psychiatrist and get your sanity checked. Buy coins not gear.
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I would have to agree with @BubbaPumps. That's a huge investment, this late in the game. Nine months down the road PoS will likely have killed mining off completely. Just sayin'.
  • heandog69heandog69 Member Posts: 283 ✭✭
    3rd billy bunter this week
  • frogmanfrogman Member Posts: 19
    dlehenky said:

I would have to agree with @BubbaPumps. That's a huge investment, this late in the game. Nine months down the road PoS will likely have killed mining off completely. Just sayin'.

is there an official date ?

He can Mine Sia or something I guess if not ETH ETC
  • heandog69heandog69 Member Posts: 283 ✭✭
    couldnt use the word i wanted so borrowed bunters
  • BubbaPumpsBubbaPumps Member Posts: 31
    frogman said:

dlehenky said:

Let's see if we can simply this for you. There won't be a profitable coin to mine when ETH goes POS. Nothing can support the ETH hashrate flood.
    @frogman No, there is no official date. It's software, so it's ready when it's ready, but the project schedule they've talked about has it likely to happen the early part of next year.

frogman said:

dlehenky said:

Let's see if we can simply this for you. There won't be a profitable coin to mine when ETH goes POS. Nothing can support the ETH hashrate flood.
    Yes but if you see the older posts( 5 months from now) as if today we should have POS already , yes sure POS is about to happen but no one can tell when
    edited July 2016
    Will SIA coin be unprofitable? how one can tell? Ktorius Set t 6gh Farm btw did he make a big mistake?

How can we decide
    @frogman That's the point, you can't. So an investment the size the OP is talking about seems extremely risky, to me, but perhaps that kind of money isn't that big a deal for him.
    Yes but often people discourage others to start mining -even if they already have GHs of farms in their backyard although as you said we "can"T decide"

and from what i've read with a smart set up and a power cost of 8c-10c one should roi in 4-5 Months (dual mining) Assuming the current price of course
  • GSTSeattleGSTSeattle Member Posts: 6
    Cost of electric here is .04 cents. I anticipate if price of coin stays the same we should be paid back in 6 months. At that rate even if we close doors and sell off gear there is still a pretty good gain.
    @GSTSeattle Well, we all hope (and more hope) that this and that stay in our favor. Price is one thing, then there's difficulty increasing. As long as ETH remains even a bit profitable, the diff will continue to rise. We've had a reprieve here of late, due to ETC, but it won't last. So many moving parts, so many variables that no one can influence. I started toward the end of January and haven't added any hardware since the end of March. ROI'd in May, so it's all good for me. However, if I was sitting here today, just thinking about a buildout, knowing what I've learned over the past months, I'd pass. Which is not to say it can't turn out great, but the probabilities decrease daily, and the unknowns are huge. I mean, who ever saw the DAO debacle coming? Best of luck, though, really! Happy mining!
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    You are forgetting about difficulty. Difficulty is what will kill you in this business and have put many out of business in the past.
  • kruisdraadkruisdraad Member Posts: 61
    well @GSTSeattle although their arent wrong saying your kinda late ... their not fully true.

I bought a load of brand new stuff with an aernback of 6-7 months (including power, etc) so even with POS in 9 months (which isnt event sure to be there then) you can earn it back. But its a LOT of work.

my suggestion: start small, e.g. 18 cards on your home 16Amp fuse earn your stuff back and get experiance. Then that farm is an easy next step and you have some coins already coming in.

good luck
    edited July 2016

Cost of electric here is .04 cents. I anticipate if price of coin stays the same we should be paid back in 6 months. At that rate even if we close doors and sell off gear there is still a pretty good gain.

Go for it, Dual mining Ethe and Sia 4c for Electric is super cheap,
  • AbcedarianAbcedarian Member Posts: 76
    @Abcedarian At that size, he's probably getting commercial/industrial bulk rates. If I were to double the size of my farm, I'd be paying $0.055/KW/h instead of $0.075.