Mintchalk - a smart contract publishing tool

jamtodayjamtoday San FranciscoMember Posts: 13
edited May 2014 in Projects
Tonight, I’m giving an introductory talk at the Silicon Valley Ethereum Group about Mintchalk, an online contract publishing tool that I am working on.

You can check it out at http://www.mintchalk.com

Mintchalk is currently a proof-of-concept (aka, it is astonishingly buggy and incomplete). As I prepare the next iterations, I would be very appreciative of your feedback about feature requests, and what types of contracts you’d like to see at Mintchalk.

Please get in touch if you have any interest in contributing to the Mintchalk DAO, such as writing code, creating and testing new contracts, designing, contributing to @mintchalk on twitter, etc.

Thanks for your support and interest! It’s a pleasure to be involved with such an amazing community.

Comments

• OwenstvOwenstv Member Posts: 2
    Thank you! Our group is just getting started
  • bcurdybcurdy Member Posts: 9
    Very nice site, thanks for sharing. It's pretty much what I was looking for to better understand Ethereum: an easy way to test contracts but also to observe the variety of contracts that are possible.

There are a lot of blank contracts and duplicates in the search page (including mines). Maybe the ability to delete a contract (couldn't find the option) and some sticky contracts at the top of the search section could be a simple way to extract more value from this page.
  • jamtodayjamtoday San FranciscoMember Posts: 13
    Thanks for the feedback @bcurdy‌. I know the tool has a long ways to go and I hope to have some much needed functionality up soon. I've modified http://www.mintchalk.com/search to now default to a "Top" list. There is an ability to delete contracts in the "settings" tab on a contract page above where the simulator logs and fees are shown.

I also like the idea of using Git under the hood so you actually fork contracts instead of copy them and that would make it easier to provide a useful search tool as well as show diffs and have pull requests b/w forked contracts.
  • bcurdybcurdy Member Posts: 9
    The "Top Contracts" section is great, that really helps. I like the "Kickstart/Startkicker" contract. It's an easy to understand and powerful one.

Found the place to delete contracts now, thanks ;)
  • aatkinaatkin Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    @bcurdy‌ Thanks for the encouragement! I had some bugs which Mintchalk helped squash with the debugger. I haven't uploaded/tested it on the public block chain as I'm a python newbie and need to get pythereum and the compiler working properly so please consider it very untested. I can't thank @jamtoday‌ enough for this great simulator.
  • aatkinaatkin Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Hi @jamtoday‌! I like the new features around binary search, autocomplete and return value assertions. A couple of things I'm having trouble with. I can't reset or change my password. Also I'm having trouble with a test case (#2) for the kickstarter contract, I'm trying to storage values in contract storage as part of the test case but they don't seem to get read by the contract. Finally I'm not able to compile but am unsure which line generates the "invalid token" serpent compiler error.

Many thanks for a terrific tool! Please keep up the good work!
  • jamtodayjamtoday San FranciscoMember Posts: 13
    Thanks for the reports, @aatkin‌. I've pushed an update that includes some bug fixes, the contract storage issue you experienced is now fixed. The compilation error now has more info (it was += causing the issue here), and the forgot password feature and other account stuff will be coming soon.

I actually have quite a long list of features and improvements...hopefully in the next few days I'll be getting more out before my talk at the San Diego Ethereum meetup this week. Along with a blog post detailing the roadmap for the project.