How will meta coins behave with external wallets and exchanges?

Hello everyone, I am working with a team that is developing a meta-coin on top of ethereum.

I was curious if these coins will be readily useable in exchanges and wallets, or will we have to work with developers to create these external applications?

thanks in advance

Comments

• StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    Trust that there are quite a few people building distributed exchanges on ethereum, such as EtherEx: http://etherex.org/faq :)
    Wallets will of course be dapps themselves.
  • JasperJasper Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    The Ethereum client will be able to do whatever you implement. It will be newbie-accessible if you make a nice gui for.(using i.e. JS bindings) Some thing you do not implement may be possible to extend on top using asset-contracts.

For instance Alice has subcoins and Bob has ethers, they do not trust each other, and the subcurrency does not support sending subcoins upon Alice receiving ethers. Alice uses this:
    init:
    code:
    if msg.sender == Bobs_address and msg.value >= ethers_amount: // Send it to bob.
    msg(gas - 21, subcurrency_address, 0, [Bobs_address, subcoin_amount], 2)

if msg.sender == Alice_address and msg.datasize == 1 and msg.data[0]=='reclaim': // Reclaim in case bob doesnt show up.
    msg(gas - 21, subcurrency_address, 0, [Alice_address, subcoin_amount], 2)

send(Alice_address, contract.balance) //Dont really care what triggers sending ethers back to Alice.
    Then Alice sends the subcoins to the name of the address, so the message it would send would actually be able to send the subcoins.

There are more cases where introducing a contract inbetween like this allows for more features than the contracts used directly.