Wont boot

heandog69heandog69 Member Posts: 283 ✭✭
So i have a frame new board and new psu, i have mounted everything sat the board on some okd dvd case so no shorting, board powers up but will not boot into bios. I had similar problem with the old board that always worked eventually though.

What would cause it not boot

Thanks

t
Be

Comments

• stoonstoon Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    Does it beep a code? You might want to move the RAM stick to the slot closest to the CPU. Try to boot it with one GPU first.
  • heandog69heandog69 Member Posts: 283 ✭✭
    stoon said:

Does it beep a code? You might want to move the RAM stick to the slot closest to the CPU. Try to boot it with one GPU first.

Tried this also to no avail, no audible as the speaker is not connected.
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    heandog69 said:

Find and connect buzzer first, or we will wonder till the end of days.
    Jukebox said:

heandog69 said:

Find and connect buzzer first, or we will wonder till the end of days.
    hmm that has been in the garden for some time
    Connected a speaker from my second system and no beeps on start up
    edited June 2016
    heandog69 said:

Leave only CPU connected and try to start. If still no beeps - pull out 3V CR 1232 battery and try to start without it.
    Jukebox said:

heandog69 said:

Leave only CPU connected and try to start. If still no beeps - pull out 3V 1232 battery and try to start without it.
    multiple beaps with nothing on the board but the cpu, one think i have noticed is one of the heatsinks is red hot the one just below the cpu
    heandog69 said:

Jukebox said:

heandog69 said:

Leave only CPU connected and try to start. If still no beeps - pull out 3V 1232 battery and try to start without it.
    multiple beaps with nothing on the board but the cpu, one think i have noticed is one of the heatsinks is red hot the one just below the cpu
    Ok now we know that mobo and CPU basically working. Add RAM now and try to start. It must
    be 1 long and 2 short beeps.
    heandog69 said:

i have noticed is one of the heatsinks is red hot the one just below the cpu

It signs that chipset heatsink not big enough, but have a good thermal contact with chip.
    well for no reason what so ever re applied everything one by one and it is working, just waiting for windows to throw it's toys out of the pram as i have changed the board and the drivers are not loaded yet.

thanks
    Jukebox said:

Ah, ok =)

Windows responded admirably as did you guys thanks for the help everyone, now it is ready for when my rx480's arrived :).

Sold my first batch of eth yesterday £800 for 94 coins a little on the low side but i was happy