There are some community marketplaces, like etsy
even ebay... where many sellers place their products draw people to the site for what they are selling, sell their product and give a cut to the marketplace. My ideas is that the marketplace should give a cut to the sellers for bringing in a customer. Lets take a curated site like threadless and break it down.
Not being a coder, I know most of the ethereum crew are concepting and building some crazy difficult things. However I feel that this idea based on an existing model which helps put ownership into the contributors hands could be something viable.Example threadless model.
- A designer submits a design
- The community votes on their favorite design
- The winning design is then sold.
- Threadless pays the one designer a fee for his work.
- Threadless takes the biggest cut.
Basically work for hire.Here is my proposed model for 51attack.com
Here is the theoretical split
- Same approach as above 1-3
- The winning design attracts people to the site and may result in other shirts being sold as well as the overall success of the site.
- My proposition: The revenue of the shirt is split 3 ways, (do not know the %)
(Have not come up with real %, would love for the %s to be dynamic based on site performance and contribution.)
The distribution model
- 1/2 of the revenue goes to the site. The site has to print the shirts, host the site, pay expenses.
- 1/4 goes to the artist work who got sold.
- 1/4 goes to a community pool.
(This needs help)
Some other ideas for this concept.
- At the end of each month. Depending on the total sold or revenue. Each artist whom has a selling/sold item for that month gets a cut of the community pool based on their performance.
- These would not be shares, I guess they could be considered a commission. Maybe they could be given out as tokens/coupons
- The site would probably have to take a 1099 from each artist seller.
- Being that my site is called 51attack.com, to further expand on the crypto idea. I was thinking that there could be design crews or in the world of mining "designing pools" made up of a group of artist submitting work.
- Fun Idea. The designing pools would compete to try to 51 attack the total community pool of funds. Which ever pool has more than 51% of the revenue/goal, they get a special bonus reward.
I was thinking that this could be built on counterparty.co but really my passion is and has always been with Ethereum.I would love to hear your thoughts...
If anyone is interested in building this out, I'd love to give those people a cut of the site revenue.