Brexit

ethfanethfan Member Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
Am I glad I used the now de-valued £ to invest in mining rigs. And I am earning ETH which will fare better than sterling...

Comments

• BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    London voted to stay and villages and north voted to exit.
    Wrong thing to say, but does "Hot fuzz" properly describe at least some villages mores (apart from the grotesque, of course)?
    Brexit=Tyranny of the majority?
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    G416G said:

Have you been to London lately ? Its a cespool that looks more like the rest of troubled Europe. The English voted decisively to leave, the London votes are the rest of the world that landed there, which is refugees and third world immigrants. It would not have been fair for them to decide the future of the country. The final is closer to 54 to 46 and in a referendum that is a huge victory.

BTC is up, Gold is up and that filthy corrupt union led by the pig merkel is a lot less powerful.

Hail Brexit !!

Refugees, third world immigrants and eu citizens did not have a vote.
    Besides if someone lives in the country for 5-10-15 years and pays taxes does have every right to decide.

Anyway Brexit is fiction for at least 2.5 years and your decision hurt UK the most because Scotland has already annouced a second referendum to leave the UK. No wonder. They stayed to be in the EU and now littl England drags them out of it against their will.

Fun fact:

Majority behind the leave vote were white, old and without higher education.
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    @G416G How will Germany become less powerful in the EU without the UK to counter-balance them? They will be more powerful, not less. The UK, for a couple years at least, will be hobbled, and, as @bbcoin mentioned, have Scotland leave, to boot. That's my take, anyway.
    dlehenky said:

@G416G How will Germany become less powerful in the EU without the UK to counter-balance them? They will be more powerful, not less. The UK, for a couple years at least, will be hobbled, and, as @bbcoin mentioned, have Scotland leave, to boot. That's my take, anyway.

@dlehenky it's unlikely you will see any reason, you'd have to understand how xenophobic and racist people in England are. Some of them literally think they are superior because English is being used across the world. They don't see the fact English is one of the most primitive spoken languages and therefore easy to learn.
    edited June 2016
    G416G said:

dlehenky said:

I don't think germany will be less powerful but the EU will be. you could say Germany might have to bear more responsibility and cash for the problems the EU has to deal with, like the refugee crisis, roma crisis, greek catastrophe. As I see it its always been US (& little canada) against the EU.. Now the US has reclaimed an ally.
    Ally? US is negotiating Trans-Atlantic Trade packt with EU.
    Considering China, Russia and Japan who are actually manufacturing something UK will be always the last in line.
    I mean ask yourself what does UK provide to the world?
    London Stock Exchange, McLaren, Aston Martin and Mini... That's about it.

Big developing countries like Poland and Hungary will have more say in the EU as a result.
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    @bbcoin Mini=BMW=germany

UK has no Business except financial market, If my english wasnt this poor i could explain better why UK is fucked.
  • HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod

@bbcoin Mini=BMW=germany

UK has no Business except financial market, If my english wasnt this poor i could explain better why UK is fucked.

Was thinking the same thing.. well the English part..

Not native English here so i would be better expressing myself and my thoughts if it was in my own language though..

But enjoy reading everything :)
    edited June 2016
    Just to put it in the perspective of UK FTSE 250 market.

Black Monday 1987 -11,87%
    Brexit 2016 -12.25%

Suffering is only about to start for every day people. Luckily I managed to buy my holiday travel pass in the morning before UK companies opened their door with adjusted prices.
    Japan Rail Pass at 8am 183-185 pounds. Japan Rails Pass at 10am - 205 pounds.
  • ethfanethfan Member Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    bbcoin said:

Anyway Brexit is fiction for at least 2.5 years and your decision hurt UK the most because Scotland has already annouced a second referendum to leave the UK. No wonder. They stayed to be in the EU and now littl England drags them out of it against their will....

"littl England" has ten times the population of Scotland.

edited June 2016
    minus London which is about 20% of the country ;)

Never mind You just caused second biggest economic crash in the history of mankind and you are still in the EU for at least 2 years.
    That's how you know you are dealing with idiots.

** need to stack up on Yen for holiday, economists expect GBP to fall further 30% against JPY
    The New York Times reported the final vote at 52/48, but that's still a clear margin.
    @G416G Yes, they did a pretty good job of forking themselves, for sure. I think the media did a really good job of portraying the vote as a done deal, so the younger voters didn't get out to the polls like the older folks did.
    dlehenky said:

@G416G Yes, they did a pretty good job of forking themselves, for sure. I think the media did a really good job of portraying the vote as a done deal, so the younger voters didn't get out to the polls like the older folks did.

That is not true. The Leave team was the under-dog going in. Even the leader of the Independence party conceded (before any results came in at all!) supposedly due to a private poll. That did not change when the first result came from Gibraltar (in an earlier time zone) showing 95% choosing Remain.

The first inkling did arrive with the very next result when Newcastle barely scraped into the Remain side when it was widely expected to show a solid majority.
    @ethfan What's not true? You've just stated that the Remains supposedly had a commanding lead going in, so that's not it. Are you contending that the younger voters, who were apparently overwhelmingly in the Remain camp, as one would expect, voted at their full strength? That didn't seem to be the case in the vote coming out of London, which didn't report results until later in the count. I wasn't stating a truth, I was giving my opinion, starting my sentence off with "I think". I'm not saying it's a fact.
    @G416G My understand is that you had to be a UK citizen or have resident status for a minimum of 15 years to vote, so there wasn't anyone voting who just came along lately.
    @dlehenky, not true that " the media did a really good job of portraying the vote as a done deal"
    Most said it was too close to call but that Remain should prevail. With that expectation GBP was at a high (contributing to the massive drop when it was realized that Leave was more likely - that realization came with the next result... that from Sunderland).
    Residents from the EU did not have the vote. Those who are Commonwealth citizens could (with no requirements for period of residency).

@G416G,I think there is a difference in opinion between immigrants from the EU and those from outside the EU.
    @ethfan I'm just going by what I've read in the US from the New York Times and the financial news. Here it was clear from the financial markets that, leading up to the vote, it was presumed that Remain was clearly ahead. That's why we saw the reaction we did Friday in the markets. Nobody here expected a Leave victory.
  • fly22fly22 Member Posts: 1
    We live in a democracy. This places a responsibility on all of us to make this referendum decision work, whatever we personally voted for. Yes the short term path may be rocky but it is all too easy to forget what the future held had we decided to stay.

So let’s all stop throwing our toys out of the pram. We need everyone to pull together now, especially the politicians from all parties. This includes the mayor of London who can start by quashing the ridiculous rumours about him entertaining discussions with Sturgeon over an independent ‘ScotLond’. Even in jest it just fuels the feeding frenzy of the market speculators. We now need our most astute negotiators and leaders to step forward to shape our future.

As for another Scottish referendum, Sturgeon will not rest until she cajoles the Scots into leaving the UK. I will be sad if that happens but that is for them to decide. Meanwhile yes 61.9%, 1,661,191 of the Scottish vote was for remain with 1,018,322 voting to leave. But the fact is that the majority of Scottish voters voted to remain in the UK. The majority of UK voters voted to exit the EU. If you want to accommodate those parts of the country that did not like the outcome how far will that go? Would residents of certain streets be allowed to opt out of the opt out? Time to move forward.
    @fly22, you are absolutely spot on.

How ridiculous that a million petitions for a re-vote. It is like saying, we lost the football match. Oh no, it does not count. We have to re-play the match... Please grow-up.
  • greenusergreenuser 50.8862°N 4.5537°WMember Posts: 439 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Wow, i just made it through the beer cans and the brandy bottles to find the computer. Been partying hard since Friday morning.
    Who said re-vote! good idea, yes, lets boot the EU into the long grass again :) and yet more parties!
    Shall we have it before the Scots decide if they want be ruled from Brussels or London.... or shall we have it after? Good luck which ever way they vote.
    What a wonderful week for democracy. Let the people decide.
    Moreover: we just side stepped TTIP :)
    Lets just hope Trump gets in in America. Then we can talk real trade.
    @greenuser "Lets just hope Trump gets in in America. Then we can talk real trade"

Oh, dear God, I hope you are joking!! He's a hateful, racist, bigot, egomaniac. Remind you of anyone, say around 1935 - 1944? Country of origin begins with a "G", on your side of the pond? Any guesses?
    edited June 2016
    If Trump gets in we will have trade.
    If Clinton gets in we will have more war in Siria.
    Either way we will have work we can profit from.

The military industrial complex is highly active and we are a world leader.
    The British are good at breaking code, we still have an active Bletchly.
    Remember, we invented the computer.... only we kept it secret for over 20 years and let the Americans think it was their idea.
    Moreove: how many of you use our OS Ubuntu?
    Post edited by greenuser on
    edited June 2016
    dlehenky said:

@greenuser "Lets just hope Trump gets in in America. Then we can talk real trade"

Oh, dear God, I hope you are joking!! He's a hateful, racist, bigot, egomaniac.

You just described an average English citizen ;) I would add two faced to that list.
    Most of English will tell you one thing in your face and then do something completly opposite.
    Hence the surprising result of the referendum. Now check this out I actually witnessed a conversation between two guys on the undergorund on which way to vote and how not mention to anybody which way they really voted.
    Oh and there's a pub near where I work where the owner refused entry to coloured people. Yep, that's reality.
    @greenuser How did Trump get us into a UK/US pissing contest? I couldn't care less who has bragging rights to inventing whatever. Too much ego and not enough heart.
    edited June 2016
    greenuser said:

The military industrial complex is highly active and we are a world leader.
    The British are good at breaking code, we still have an active Bletchly.
    Remember, we invented the computer.... only we kept it secret for over 20 years and let the Americans think it was their idea.
    Moreove: how many of you use our OS Ubuntu?

Perfect example of the local ignorance.

Enigma was broken by a team of immigrants.
    OS Ubuntu... Want to bet all of your ether it was created by a team of immigrants?

You my friends are good at taking credit for others people work but guess what, you've just voted out :) meaning more and more skilled poeple will tell you to fuck off and go somewhere else.

Now my favourite fact... UK (especially London) boasts of it's rich housing market. Well guess what happens when let's say 5million EU citizens will have to leave the country and will stop paying the rent towards your mortgages?
    Might feel a bit of the US housing crisis after all :)

Let's assume average of a 1000 pounds rent, that'd make it 5 billion pounds less in the country. Yey! Wave your fucking flag high!
    edited June 2016
    @bbcoin, yes this is true. We do have street people like this. It is a problem, many of them drink and take drugs and ride the public transport to keep warm. But you have picked such a small proportion of our population and it is is a problem everywhere in the world.

I too have had experience of this as i am of Algerian decent.
    But it is not representative of how many of us are here. Inshallah

UK has a problem where we do not have enough housing.
    People cannot get their kids into local schools, it can take two weeks to see a doctor or 6 months to see a dentist. This is because our population is growing faster than our infrastructure. We are victims of our own success but it has been mismanaged by our government. Many of our migrants voted for Brexit.

There are many good examples of how our different cultures have integrated well

As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh
    edited June 2016
    Also, Europe is racist. We have to give Germans, Spanish and Portuguese people priory over Moroccans, Indians, Egyptians and Pakistanis. Now we are out of this White Christian Club, we can treat all people the same.

Now we can trade with Russia
    edited June 2016
    @dlehenky , we had your President over here telling us how to vote, so blame him.
    If Clinton becomes President, we will get more sanctions against Russia, Syria, etc and more war. She laughed when Muammar Gaddafi was assassinated. She will give us the same old rhetoric like "Asad must go!" This country will be dragged into another war trying to overthrow secular Arab leaders like Saddam and replace them with Wahabi religious “moderates”.
    If Trump wins we get trade and business.

Under EU law, we can not trade directly with India, China and Russia, we have to abide by EU trade rules. We cannot change this because EU is not a democracy. We need the Chinese to build us new power stations.

People from Germany can travel and work here without a visa while people from Pakistan cannot.... and we proudly have a Pakistani Muslim as London Major.

Immigration will continue but it will be regulated so we can build housing, hospitals, schools, mosques on time so that people don't have to go without.
    Housing is in such short supply here that the high prices have attracted speculators from all over the world but they do not live in them and leave them empty.

The Pound is now at a bargain price so our goods and services are now cheaper to the rest of the world. This will create more jobs and we will go from strength to strength.

The people have spoke, what a wonderful day for democracy.

Now we need a new Prime minister. It may be Boris Johnson and he was born in America and is from Turkish decent. The people will speak again.

Italy will be next! @Italy Vote Out, Take back control, we will trade with you and you can build those roads and bridges in Russia that you were asked to quote for by Putin.
    G416G said:

dlehenky said:

@G416G My understand is that you had to be a UK citizen or have resident status for a minimum of 15 years to vote, so there wasn't anyone voting who just came along lately.

I was looking for a nice way to say everyone not really english. people seem to freak out when you mention third world or immigrants. I thought foreigner was a soft way to put it. As I see it that's what this is really about, english standing up to say enough of the rest of the world.
    'not really english'

So what is the classification?