ETH price

Comments

• greenusergreenuser 50.8862°N 4.5537°WMember Posts: 439 ✭✭
    You are behind the curve my friend. You need to be one step ahead. But in 25 years you will have what it takes..maybe. Go crunch your numbers again.
    If the situation changes i will mine eth again as i go where the coins flow. I just don't want to mine a block full of "Dao_exploit coins" with a big transaction fee attached and have the hassle and legal ramifications of defending my ownership of them.
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    @greenuser Thanks for the links. At the moment, https://www.whattomine.com/coins is down so i can't compare eth vs feathercoin profitability (yesterday looked like feathercoin was 10% or so more profitable though).

I found the site http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency which shows Eth as significantly more profitable than Feathercoin. This seems attributed to the calculators not having the right/equivalent hashrates for each coin. What hashrates can I put in for each coin (just eth and neoscrypt) to see the correct comparision?

EDIT: possible answer to my own question- I checked the cached page of whattomine and it looks like 490khash neoscrypt and 21mhs eth may be equal, still looks like 10% more profitable
  • trump104trump104 Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    I'm running eth at arund $260 per month and feather coin with the same rig at $360 so i guess the difference is more than 10% at the current price.
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    490kh/s is a hash rate of a 290 with wolf0 kernel mod.
    Stock 280x crunching neoscrypt will give you 250khs

Dont pay attention to whattomine.com some of their values for 750ti are twice the performance of 280x

Coinwarz is far more accurate. They take a relative approach of what return you can expect when you go to a computer shop and spend $1000 on a rig with all the elements.
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    It seems @trump104 is saying feathercoin is much more profitable and @bbcoin may be saying that eth is more profitable? I am confused.
    edited June 2016
    @Truthchanter, @bbcoin, @trump10 its neck and neck, so it depends what time of day you check.
    Some nice German guy let me hash on his p2pool at 1% fees.
    There are only 3 of us in the pool, the other 2 have half my hashrate.
    Chip in on this thread and ask if you are interested....
    I'm sure there will be room for more if you guys want to come on board. Totaly up to you, just ask "wrapper" here..
    http://forum.feathercoin.com/topic/8582/new-miner-needing-help-with-hd7870-settings-on-nsgminer
    say "greenuser" recommended you.
    All the info and links to the miner software are on this thread. You don't need to run a full node. Regular payouts, too.

Then you can switch between eth and ftc as you please, test the water and measure the profit difference yourself. :)
    @bitcanuck yes i see that, cool!
    Feathercoin has 1min blocktime and a 80.00ftc block reward.
    Also, nanoscrypt is said to be ASIC resistant unlike x11 and scrypt.
    Hmmmm....only time will tell.

It's getting exciting, it looks undervalued ATM, it might be a good time to buy some.
  • testmantestman australiaMember Posts: 30
    edited June 2016
    I just want to buy eth hahaha, anyone want to sell????
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    @testman do you think there might be a trust problem. What's wrong with the exchanges like everyone else uses? btcmarkets.com is a half descent Australian exchange that do ETH/AUD.
  • LagniappeLagniappe Dirty SouthMember Posts: 136 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    edited June 2016
    If that really is your setup, kudos
  • EtherionEtherion Member Posts: 95
    Oi. Ether seems to be going up again. whoop whoop! i don't get lucky a lot in my life but this time I did . I was in the prosses of converting my eth to pay off some bills when it was $21 but just after I converted it to BTC the DAO-gate exploded. So I waited and converted my BTC back to eth at $10eth. It is only a month of mining eth but I gained 50% in value already.

Not sue if I should sell now wait more. I see BTC is dropping fast now and wonder if this will spill over to eth.

Anyone with a crystal ball I can borrow?
  • michidamichida Member Posts: 31
    anyone knows why btc is dropping so fast right now?
    There was an auction of stolen BTC in US most likely winner cashing out.
  • Franco_ozFranco_oz Member Posts: 21
    @greenuser just out of curiosity how can you live with a DL380? I have 2 and it's like a jet taking off when the fans play the song "let us inform you that we are alive" :)
    What OS are you running? I am moving to DL385 g5 soon.
    ""I'm an electronics engineer you fool" made my day.
    edited June 2016
    There are 3 fan settings in BIOS to suit your ambient temp.
    Mine is loud on a cold boot but soon settles down and is no louder than 3 Antminer S3s.
    You can pull a fan but if you pull 2 it will shut down. Maybe a resistor on a fan plug may lower things a little. the 6th gen has temp controlled fan speed.
    I'm using windows 7.

Also, i care for a disabled man so there are lots of cloths to dry so its the server or the tumble dryer I have to listen to.

Moreover, with ref to your "I'm an electronics engineer you fool"....
    I believe in free speech... I don't like censored threads.....
    I think comments like...
    "@greenuser check your facts because clearly you have not mined anything else than Ether." by bbcoin, is ok to post!....
    It is a valuable asset on a forum to be able to challenge and question people / subjects as well as apply a little pressure. This is when people show their true colours.
    But i also believe you have the right to defend yourself against assumptions....
    If we were more open to challenges and questioning and scrutiny maybe we would have looked more closely at the Dao and been more objective instead of becoming blind in our belief.
    The problem with political correctness is that it gives your enemies somewhere to hide. They are not allowed to say what is on their mind thus, it cannot be challenged.

There is no ill feeling on my part with @bbcoin, he is an asset to this forum.

Anyway, im happy at the mo because I found out that the ASIC resistant nanoscrypt currency Feathercoin has a Shapehift plugin for their wallet/node. So its easy to change FTC to ETH or any other coin.

Any ideas how to make my rig failover between eth and ftc... driven by Eth market price?
  • HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    greenuser said:

Moreover, with ref to your "I'm an electronics engineer you fool"....
    I believe in free speech... I don't like censored threads.....
    I think comments like...
    "@greenuser check your facts because clearly you have not mined anything else than Ether." by bbcoin, is ok to post!....
    It is a valuable asset on a forum to be able to challenge and question people / subjects as well as apply a little pressure. This is when people show their true colours.
    But i also believe you have the right to defend yourself against assumptions....
    If we were more open to challenges and questioning and scrutiny maybe we would have looked more closely at the Dao and been more objective instead of becoming blind in our belief.
    The problem with political correctness is that it gives your enemies somewhere to hide. They are not allowed to say what is on their mind thus, it cannot be challenged.

There is no ill feeling on my part with @bbcoin, he is an asset to this forum.

Completely agree.

I had a discussion with @bitcanuck a while back.

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/comment/39962/#Comment_39962

I eventually had to be the bigger man and admit that i was wrong :)

No hard feelings. I'm happy we had that discussion. I learned from it. That's the most important part!

I do enjoy to read all of these discussions here :)

That makes this forum so unique!

Keep it going @greenuser :wink:

Greetings
    I am really surprised at this new eth activity. Right when the news articles hit yesterday that the devteam was draining the dao, the price went up. Kept going up. Last night it was at 15.69...made me happy
    edited June 2016
    @Heliox Good man, we learn more about ourself when we are with others.
    We all had to learn that lesson the hard way... :)
    I think a lot of young people "bought into" ethereum, maybe because they still live at home and have disposable income to invest and are desperate to make something of themselves in a world with diminishing opportunities. But you are all growing fast now... And learning too.
    Just remember, there is no get rich quick scheme... and for one man to gain lots and lots of money, many people have to lose lots of money too.

So the issue at hand. I need software to switch between 3rd party mining software, Eth, Ftc, X11, etc depending on the most profit, given: market value (user settable threshold), difficulty, etc. etc,
    Any ideas? Anyone.
  • mmxmmx Montreal, QCMember Posts: 110 ✭✭
    greenuser said:

So the issue at hand. I need software to switch between 3rd party mining software, Eth, Ftc, X11, etc depending on the most profit, given: market value (user settable threshold), difficulty, etc. etc,
    Any ideas? Anyone.

You can use NiceHash's service along with their NiceHash Miner software (Windows-based), or simply modify the software to your needs as it's open source.
  • testmantestman australiaMember Posts: 30
    @o0ragman0o

As far as a trust thing cant help if people cant have a conversation and put in place terms/safeguards there happy with. Not everyone is a dog, one of the guys in this forum is going to help me to some setups and i am happy to pay him in advance, if he rips me for 100 bucks that's fine but he looses a lot more in the end from loss of work on a ongoing basis and a great referral. Plus you never know who your dealing with, to rip a person for peanuts could cost them the opportunity of a lifetime haha you never know

Never heard of that exchange and when i click the link the site is down,

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.
    Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at btcmarkets.com Port 80

hahahah

Thanks I will try to see if it is up tomorrow Kraken has approved tier 4 for me tonight but, but price has gone from 11.2 to 14 :(((((((( so sad, now I am waiting for the transfer to Luxembourg? omg

I'm learning and enjoying reading the forums although not super technical I am getting there and learning who is really helpful and has great skills keep it up guys and gals nice reading
    edited June 2016
    mmx said:

greenuser said:

Any ideas? Anyone.

You can use NiceHash's service along with their NiceHash Miner software (Windows-based), or simply modify the software to your needs as it's open source.
    Dont they charge something? Extra profit from switching might cancel out with their charge.

@greenuser @Heliox you ego driven cock loving bastards as long as you help me profit you can call me a fool any day ;)
  • HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    bbcoin said:

mmx said:

greenuser said:

Any ideas? Anyone.

Dont they charge something? Extra profit from switching might cancel out with their charge.
    They charge everywhere :tongue::wink:
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    testman said:

Never heard of that exchange and when i click the link the site is down,

Sorry, my bad. correct link https://btcmarkets.net/home They run BTC , LTC, ETH, DAO and AUD pairs... though gods knows why they still allowing DAO trading. They have membership on the forum here but rarely post.
    testman said:

I'm learning and enjoying reading the forums although not super technical I am getting there and learning who is really helpful and has great skills keep it up guys and gals nice reading

Never short of something to learn in this field... glad you're enjoying it

bbcoin said:

Yup, NiceHash claims to take a 3% cut, but it's more than that. That said, you can use the Windows-based GUI wrapper they have created and customize it for your needs.

There's also kbomba's Miner Control if you want to tie in with other pools.
    bbcoin said:

mmx said:

greenuser said:

Any ideas? Anyone.

@greenuser @Heliox you ego driven cock loving bastards as long as you help me profit you can call me a fool any day ;)
    @bbcoin, today, you are no fool, but that is something in which we all get to take a turn. And, you are correct, NiceHash do take a good cut.

So i have to watch the crypto pairs and then choose which bat files to execute....
    At least i have the keys to my coins and i choose when to exchange them.
    but on the down side, when i wake i have to check i have not been mining a dust coin while sleeping.

@mmx i will look into the NiceHash software on your link but i am a novice at code.
    edited June 2016
    Taking into account what this thread has just been though....
    We have seen the Eth dev and the slockit dev team's vids
    can the community look at this and give feedback?
    greenuser said:

bbcoin said:

mmx said:

greenuser said:

Any ideas? Anyone.

@bbcoin, today, you are no fool, but that is something in which we all get to take a turn. And, you are correct, NiceHash do take a good cut.

So i have to watch the crypto pairs and then choose which bat files to execute....
    At least i have the keys to my coins and i choose when to exchange them.
    but on the down side, when i wake i have to check i have not been mining a dust coin while sleeping.

@mmx i will look into the NiceHash software on your link but i am a novice at code.
    Miningpoolhub does auto switch between all the algos but say genoil crashes when disconnected @Genoil any idea?
    edited June 2016
    Ignore this post; replied in the wrong thread. :)