Rig miner is in a stuck state due to possible hardware/clock issue, check all GPU-s individually

abcabc3515abcabc3515 Member Posts: 2
I am using ethos distro, and on the stat panel I usually get this error message. I have 6pcs of AMD 280x r9 xfx. I have 2pcs of power supplies. One is 1300w, and the other is 700w. The bigger one runs 4 of the cards via PCI , the logic board, and all the other stuff. on the small one i have short circuited the black and the green wires, so it runs automatically. When I boot up, I get almost 120 MH/s, it goes for around 30-90 mins, then stuck. When I remove the complete small PSU, and only run on 4 cards, it goes well for about 18-26 hours, then get the same error message. Does anyone have an idea what to do? (I always get this message when it's stuck: Rig miner is in a stuck state due to possible hardware/clock issue, check all GPU-s individually)

Comments

• boysieboysie Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    have you got the 2 risers for the same 2 cards on the 700 also and nothing else?
  • stoonstoon Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    Usually that means one GPU overheated, for me at least. What is your local.conf file settings?
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    I recently had a similar problem. It seemed to be a bad psu pcie 6+2 pin cable
  • abcabc3515abcabc3515 Member Posts: 2
    GPU is around 60oC max 62... i have 2 risers on 700w and the 2 data for the risers. maybe i'll order pcie 6+2 cables
  • stoonstoon Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    What so you have your 280x clocked at? Mem & Core & pwr
    You should have all the riser connected to the 1300W
  • boysieboysie Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    stoon said:

What so you have your 280x clocked at? Mem & Core & pwr
    You should have all the riser connected to the 1300W

disagree......the powered risers for the cards should go to the same PSU u use to power the cards...else you risk creating a grounding loop where the power from 2 different 12v rails provide a different loop that was not supplying it.

you have a chance to make no impact...electrons will make the choice for you but why risk it?

power isolation is why you are using powered risers.

else you would just draw from the mobo and hence why the h81 btc pro has extra power molex...

Boysie