Creating a contract,watching for events,sending transaction to contracts

Is it possible to Create a contract,watching for events,sending transaction to contracts without downloading not even single block.
Without syncing with public ethereum network can one create contracts or send transactions

Comments

• subhodshamboorsubhodshamboor Member Posts: 5
    Answer please.
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    You need an account from which to deploy the contract so you need access to a fully synchronised node. That node might be a client or there are some web wallets that might provide function to deploy contracts.

Once deployed, contracts cannot launch themselves automatically and need some outside intervention to call them.
    edited June 2016
    consider a example where i have deployed a contract with a function which actually modifies a boolean variable.assume that at first it is initialized with true value.later i will send transaction to make that boolean variable to false.so at any time when i can call a function of that contract to retrieve that variable value is it returns the latest value

in my case i am using geth and web3 module in nodejs.
    geth rpc running .without downloading any blocks can i do all this manipultions.
    Post edited by o0ragman0o on
    @subhodshamboor So something like:
    contract Bool
    {
    bool isTrue;
    function Bool() {
    isTrue = true;
    function setIsTrue(bool _isTrue) {
    isTrue = _isTrue;
    }
    }
    ABI functions are:
    Bool()
    isTrue() // implicit getter
    setIsTrue(val)
    If you are running geth rpc then you are sync'ing the blockchain. As for connecting your JS to a remote node, the web3.js wiki has this providers example:
    if (typeof web3 !== 'undefined') {
    web3 = new Web3(web3.currentProvider);
    } else {
    // set the provider you want from Web3.providers
    web3 = new Web3(new Web3.providers.HttpProvider("http://localhost:8545"));
    }

without running rpc is there any way ,so that i can directly interact with blockchain from my nodejs code
    @subhodshamboor The ethereumjs project is a JS Ethereum client if that's more of what you're looking for. Other than that I'm not really follow what you're trying to ask for
  • SuManiSuMani Member Posts: 1
    Yes.

The following does from node.js.
    Change the ABI for the "nodeGreet".
    Change the function name : nodeGreet.greet() with your function name.

var Web3 = require('web3');
    var web3One = new Web3();

web3One.setProvider(new web3One.providers.HttpProvider('http://localhost:8545'));

var coinbase = web3One.eth.coinbase;
    var balance = web3One.eth.getBalance(coinbase);

console.log('node 1 -> coinbase : ',coinbase);
    console.log('node 1 -> balance : ',balance);

var nodeGreet = web3One.eth.contract([{ constant: false, inputs: [], name: "kill", outputs: [], type: "function" }, { constant: true, inputs: [], name: "greet", outputs: [{ name: "", type: "
    string" }], type: "function" }, { inputs: [{ name: "_greeting", type: "string" }], type: "constructor" }]).at("0x40dd6b141aa0b9e02e504683de5fb56b7b8eb579");

console.log(nodeGreet.greet());