Forum software

skyhavenskyhaven Member Posts: 2
I find this vanilla-based forum to be quite chaotic -- not easy to read. I'd like to suggest setting up a nice SMF-based forum. Perhaps theme it accordingly. What do you think?

Comments

• JasperJasper Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    I think it is fine.. It even works without javascript, though that disables some things like 'like/disagree/flag'. That, and that it nowhere mentions that it is a vanilla based forum, and gives some help about how things work, are basically the only things i dont like about it.
  • skyhavenskyhaven Member Posts: 2
  • chris613chris613 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    @skyhaven? This isn't my favourite forum software either, but I've got a decent workflow that makes it pretty usable for me:

Login -> Recent Discussions -> Open tabs for all the unreads I'm interested in -> Mark All Viewed -> Make my way through the tabs. I don't find it chaotic, but the page layout is pretty wasteful on space IMO.

I'm not happy with the editor, that's for sure. Maybe if I could find the help page for it I'd learn to love it? Vanilla appears to support other editor plugins in case the help page is non-existent or disappointing.
  • cphicphi Member Posts: 46
    I like this forum software for its speed. Does anyone know what its called?
  • JasperJasper Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    @cphi the name is Vanillaforums, the stuff you write in is html with some bells and whistles, and probably restrictions so people can put malicious stuff in.

I dont like when forum software wastes vertical space. For instance the flag, disagree/agree/like etc, and time-of-posts. Horizontal space isnt worth that much.
  • guakaguaka Member Posts: 18
    I actually like this forum software much more than most other forum software (such as the software used on bitcointalk).