6 Card setup

2»

Comments

• citronickcitronick Member Posts: 110
    you need to run the 6xGPU registry hack, in Administrator Mode to work. However, you need to redo the whole process whenever you upgrade your display drivers.
    @work if you have 2-3 GPUs maybe ok, ie. enough power for every GPU..... but for a full 6 x GPU setup you need to power the 2 x molex and each GPU too (esp. the 390s, these GPU can draw up to 270w of power each when OCed) - this gives all the GPUs the power they need. Bad things happens when GPUs try to get power from mobo resulting in power overdraw & burnt cabling esp when these cables are not of quality. USB3 powered risers are very good compared to the thin flat cables where power is soldered onto them risking overheating and sparking fire. Many youtube videos showing this and also many heated thread discussing why you need to use the molex on the H81-BTC. Also, when you first open the H81-BTC box, they put a reminder to power the molex before using it. Anyways, if you H81 is doing ok without powered molex, your GPUs are getting enough power. But if your 4th, 5th or 6th GPU acts up... it could be power related issue. Just my cents. I have 6 rigs running both molex and GPU power, and they run maximum speed of 30-31MHs mining ETH each, running latest CDM v4.5
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    If you would read the whole Thread you would know that i plugged in the molex and that i use USB powered risers.
    I also have made the "6gpu mod".
    No error etc....

It seems that the problem comes from the afterburner setting "synchronise same gpu"
    that's great Dr House..... happy mining!
    After a while the same error appears.
    "Gpu 3 hangs, restart...."

I swapped "Gpu 3" in my other rig and it runs fine.

Now the error jumped on "Gpu 2".

I have no idea what's wrong.

• stuartstuart Member Posts: 10
    I am trying to resolve a similar issue with Claymore 5.1, Beta 2. Ubuntu 15.10:

GPU #0 recognized as Radeon 280X/380X
    GPU #1 recognized as Radeon 280X/380X
    GPU #2 recognized as Radeon 390
    GPU #3 recognized as Radeon 290X
    GPU #4 recognized as Radeon 290X
    ETH - Total Speed: 41.449 Mh/s, Total Shares: 1, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:01
    ETH: GPU0 5.401 Mh/s, GPU1 0.000 Mh/s, GPU2 13.438 Mh/s, GPU3 11.316 Mh/s, GPU4 11.294 Mh/s
    SC - Total Speed: 2486.920 Mh/s, Total Shares: 4, Rejected: 0
    SC: GPU0 324.062 Mh/s, GPU1 0.000 Mh/s, GPU2 806.296 Mh/s, GPU3 678.943 Mh/s, GPU4 677.619 Mh/s
    WATCHDOG: GPU 1 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
    WATCHDOG: GPU 1 hangs in OpenCL call, exit

����������������������������������������������������������������ͻ
    � Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC AMD GPU Miner v5.1 Beta �
    ����������������������������������������������������������������ͼ

ETH: 1 pool is specified
    Main Ethereum pool is us-east1.nanopool.org:9999
    SC: 1 pool is specified
    Main Siacoin pool is sia-us-east1.nanopool.org:9980

< process goes to R state but terminal is frozen>
  • GrigGrig Member Posts: 1
    @Dr_House86: I have the same problem as you described, even when taking the card out and the error moving to the next card.

I'm suspecting PSU problems so far.

Did you manage to find anything about the error so far?
    It was a psu problem.
    It was a psu problem.
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    why is it always a PSU Problem?! :disappointed: i also had to switch my PSU to another one.
  • yodiyodi Member Posts: 265 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    hi im on rx480 , for me it s everytime gpu2 hangs in OpenCL ... i invert card , still gpu 2 , change riser ... still gpu2 ... i got only that in windows 10 this make no sense , i never losed a gpu like this in windows 7.
    no undertand available i think lol
    i just get back on win7 ... i prefer sometime blackscreen :D
    Post edited by yodi on