Minergate.com ETH mining - up and running in one button click

Techman34Techman34 Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
Hi all, just got into ETH mining and found Minergate super easy to use.

Started last night with my gaming rig which has a r9 390 and it looks like it's been averaging about 25 - 27 MH/s. Is that about what I should expect? There is a GPU "Intensity" setting of 1-4 - I set it at 3. Is that good for my card?

Note: it also allows you to run your CPU to mine at the same time as your GPU so probably about .4 MH/s is coming from my i7. I do think that is a really neat feature though and their whole interface super welcoming after dabbling with some command line miners back in 2014.

Looking at getting some more cards as I have a Rosewill Thor v2 case and GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 mobo so I have some more PCI-E slots.

Techman34

Comments

• Techman34Techman34 Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: After almost 3 full days of running on Minergate I'm averaging 0.0128235294117647 of ETH per hour, or approx .3077 ETH per day. Purchased two more cards so hopefully this is scalable.
    Now disappointed in Minergate ... after installing a second r9 390 and updating the drivers it shows it as Mining in the actual Minergate 6.1 software but if I look at the Dashboard it's not registering so I'm not getting any credit for it. Anyone else having this issue?

Will be switching to Claymore DM once I finish downloading the ETH Blockchain.
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Techman34 said:

UPDATE: After almost 3 full days of running on Minergate I'm averaging 0.0128235294117647 of ETH per hour, or approx .3077 ETH per day. Purchased two more cards so hopefully this is scalable.

You would make more then that on other pools jusy FYI :).
    @bctopics you are right for sure - I'm up and running with Claymore on a pool running 58.6MH now... will be building my 5 GPU rig tomorrow night! This is so fun!!
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Techman34 said:

@bctopics you are right for sure - I'm up and running with Claymore on a pool running 58.6MH now... will be building my 5 GPU rig tomorrow night! This is so fun!!

Yes it certainly is! If your making less then 1 eth per 100mh/s per day then something wrong :P.