Solo mining with geth

LiOLiO Member Posts: 6
Hello,

I have been mining on pool for months and today i decided to test solo mining... I installed geth and pointed my rigs to PC with geth... I'm using Genoil 1.08 ethminer.
Mining started without problems on all rigs, but unlike on pool i don't see any accepted shares as i see on pool... Genoil stats are [A0+0:R0+0:F0] after hour of mining? Is this because i mine solo or i'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

LiO

Best Answers

Answers

• BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    when you mine solo, it means that you compete against the WHOLE world in finding that block, so you hit it or not. For a small miner it is nerve wracking. I couldn't stand it after few rounds. You could pseudo solo-mine on ethpool.org, where you see your progress vs others and also can get both a block (5 eth) and ADDITIONAL uncle (up to 3.75 eth, I believe). It is very sweet when it happens as you get 8.5-8.75 instead of 5.
  • LiOLiO Member Posts: 6
    i have 450 mh/s... My question was is it is normal stats to be [A0+0:R0+0:F0] or i'm doing something wrong?... If it shows A1 that means i found a block?
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    don't know, never looked at that param. i got a block and two uncles doing solo and after getting second uncle decided that it is too much to bare. Not worth it when you can get both a block AND an uncle in one go on ethpool.
    Post edited by Biodom on
  • LiOLiO Member Posts: 6
    I was on ethpool and decided to try solo for week... i'm just not sure if i'm mining at all because on pool i was submitting shares... anyone can answer pls?
  • ethermine_rocksethermine_rocks Member Posts: 228
    these pools you mentioned are spoken of in other threads to have problems in last few days with 20-30% lower payouts than should be. try other pools, test them. for example;

http://ethermine.rocks/#/help
  • ethfanethfan Member Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    LiO said:

I was on ethpool and decided to try solo for week... i'm just not sure if i'm mining at all because on pool i was submitting shares... anyone can answer pls?

You will not see shares unless you use sammy's ether-proxy. Otherwise just an endless stream of Mining... Mining... Mining... And even when you hit a block you probably miss the Mined... message! That's alright though because after hitting a block your wallet balance will have jumped up 5+ ETH (less if you hit an uncle).
  • bpvarsitybpvarsity Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2016
    Use ethermine.org and forget solo mining