My First Rig R9 290 Whoppp whoppp!!

2»

Comments

• HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    Can't promise that i'll still be around by then..

Greetings
  • SIRacer09SIRacer09 Member Posts: 246 ✭✭
    No problemat all. No rush. Have a great holiday!
  • hvalentinohvalentino Member Posts: 105
    @SIRacer09 and @Heliox guys I'm sorry to bother you... am I stupid or what? lol so this is the story, first I download and install the ethereum wallet from github and created a wallet. Then I copy paste that wallet into my Mining rig, and my setting was every 1 ETH it will be paid into my wallet but now is passed that 1 ETH and I don't see that my balance is up 1eth or transfer from ethermining, should I wait for sometimes or I need to create a wallet contract? like it says on the picture that I attached, thanks guys!
    Check etherscan.io, see if you see a transaction going to your address over there.

If you want an easy wallet, you could try http://jaxx.io ..
    @Heliox nop nothing, so is that mean that they didn't send me yet the mining profit?
    @hvalentino Sounds like it. Sometimes it takes just a bit. How long have you been over 1 Eth?
    @SIRacer09 probably 1 hour maybe? I will just wait then :) but the wallet address that I created with eth app should be able to receive right? I don't need to create a smart contract or something?
    Nope. I never created a smart contract and I've been mining for a while now.
    @SIRacer09 okay cool! thanks guys!
    @hvalentino You are on ethos correct? I've only used Windows for mining, but you will need to sync the blockchain eventually when you want to send to another address from your wallet, ie exchange, another wallet.
    edited May 2016
    @SIRacer09 yeah I use EthOS, hmmmm Ill try to figure that out once it touch my wallet :)
    @SIRacer09 and @Heliox I got my 1 ETH from mining!!! wohooo!!! haahaha thx guys! and have a good weekend!
  • IkeagoIkeago Member Posts: 130
    @hvalentino here is a pic of them running stock that's 2x 290s 1x 380 I'm running Windows 10 with 15.2 drives and claymore dual miner. You can find it on Bitcoin talk.

@Heliox don't even know on the rom. I remember flashing them back in litecoin days but I just plugged them into ethereum and was happy with the hash so I left them alone.

They are running 1000 on the core and 1250 on the ram. they default back to it when I reset them so I leave them at that.

Any good way of checking the rom?

• mmxmmx Montreal, QCMember Posts: 110 ✭✭
    To see what BIOS is loaded on the cards, download ATIWinFlash and run "atiflash.exe -ai" to see the full ROM details.

Hmmmm looks like my R9 290 is Elpida... @hvalentino how hot are your's running? Mine is at a scorching 93 degrees celcius. Wonder if I got a bad card. This is with a box fan blowing on it as well. :(
    @SIRacer09 wow thats too hot!! mine only 79 the hottest ones, like the one on the corner, the rest is like 69 70s
    @hvalentino ... Yeah. Mine has plenty of airflow and isn't too close to any other cards.. I must have got a bad one. :(
  • shutfushutfu Member Posts: 320 ✭✭
    @Ikeago your 290s are hashing amazingly well for using the dual miner, getting 29-30 on eth while getting 440 on decred?!? im jealous. Mine only gets 27.5 in eth solo mode. What settings are you using for claymore? Also what brand are they, reference? how hot are they running

These cards do run hot I would strongly recommend replacing the thermal paste/pads.

I have no got around to changing the past yet in these cards because I am still working on getting more rigs online. Without new paste they are running around 80c at 80-85F outside weather just vented out a window.

Something you can do on these cards is take off the backing plate. The cooling design had some problems with the airflow and all of it is vented out of those little vents in the backing plate. I would make sure you are not covering up any of those vents as well.

Adapter 0 (BN=01, DN=00, FN=00, PCIID=00001002, SSID=00000468)
    Asic Family : Hawaii
    Flash Type : M25P10/c (128 KB)
    Product Name is : 67B1HB.15.39.0.6.AS02
    Bios Config File: AS02.bin
    Bios P/N is : 113-C6711100-002
    Bios Version : 015.039.000.006.003516
    Bios Date is : 10/17/13 04:52
    Image 1 -- Offset 0x0
    =======================
    ROM header contents:
    Signature 0xAA55
    PCIR offset 0x021C
    PCI Data Structure
    Signature PCIR
    Vendor ID 0x1002
    Device ID 0x67B1
    PCI Revision 0x00
    Image size 0x10000
    Code revision 0x0F27
    Indicator 0x00 (Not last image)
    Code type 0x00 (PCAT Image)
    Legacy BIOS File Name AS02.bin
    Legacy BIOS Part Number 113-C6711100-002
    Legacy BIOS Build Number 274613
    Legacy BIOS Change List 957945
    Binary BIOS_IDTF 0x9DEB2E7D
    ByteCheckSum 2a
    ERROR: The OpRom Image 2 does not start with 0x55AA.
    Check if Image 1 start at the end of Image 40816672!
    Adapter 1 (BN=02, DN=00, FN=00, PCIID=00001002, SSID=00000468)
    No VBIOS

Adapter 2 (BN=05, DN=00, FN=00, PCIID=00001002, SSID=00000B00)
    No VBIOS

Adapter 3 (BN=06, DN=00, FN=00, PCIID=00001002, SSID=00000468)
    Flash Type : Unknown SPI (64 KB)
    No VBIOS

They are a mix of cards. Mostly Sapphire and ASUS.
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Heliox said:

If it are the roms The Stilt made (i guess they are) 2 years ago, they do not run 30Mh/s Eth @ stock clocks (which is 945). (at least not over here) My 390x barely does that :tongue:.

At stock clocks "945" they do around 27,5 ish.. :)

Just checked mine
    30.5 Mh/s at core clock 1050, memclock 1125 -- 290 non x
    31 Mh/s at core clock 1050, memclock 1125 -- 290x

-50mV Core, -75mV VDDCI/AUX for both.

But those are my numbers. I could be wrong and maybe he does hit 30Mh at stock clocks.
    If so, i would like to know some more details :)

What rom exactly, driver version, os.. :)

Greetings.

I have been undervolting the core on my 290s, but does undervolting the Aux make much if any difference for temps?
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    I bought 6 of these from Newegg and they are my hottest running cards by far. Going to replace the thermal paste on one of them and see if it makes a difference and report back. It definitely wasn't worth it on the 390s, so wondering how it will work on the 290s.
    @Truthchanter

Undervolting aux (voltage given to the memory voltage controller) will affect the power draw and temperature.

But definitely not much. In most cases, you won't even notice.

The only thing noticable will be the stability of your card. It doesn't mean that the Ethereum algorithm isn't memory bound, that your card doesn't use it.

This all has to do with the timings.

Anyhow, now with Ethereum, no biggy, if you switch to another algo, your card will most likely go nuts if you lower the memory controller voltage to much :tongue:

Greetings
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Heliox said:

@Truthchanter

Undervolting aux (voltage given to the memory voltage controller) will affect the power draw and temperature.

But definitely not much. In most cases, you won't even notice.

The only thing noticable will be the stability of your card. It doesn't mean that the Ethereum algorithm isn't memory bound, that your card doesn't use it.

This all has to do with the timings.

Anyhow, now with Ethereum, no biggy, if you switch to another algo, your card will most likely go nuts if you lower the memory controller voltage to much :tongue:

Greetings

Thanks, sounds like testing/lowering the aux voltage may not be worth it, at least may not be worth it for me