Some basic questions regarding smart contracts

jalmarijalmari Member Posts: 2
I have some basic questions regarding smart contracts. If these questions are already been answered somewhere, please just point me to right direction.

A ) When a contract is executed, is it executed in all full nodes?
B ) If A is true, if I run full node, does that mean that my machine is executing the contract code each time some one, some where, is calling a contract?
C ) If B is true, doesnt that require quite a lot of cpu from my machine?

Comments

• astroastro Member Posts: 16
    A: Yes, currently. Optimizations are being looked into from what I understand.
    B. Yes, as part of the block verification process.
    C. Not as much as you'd think currently. The Ethereum bytecode is fairly low-level stuff right now and doesn't take up nearly as much CPU as running larger computer programs your machine is used to. As contracts grow and code gets more complex, there will be a rise in the CPU cost. I believe that's part of the reason for the move to PoS.
  • jalmarijalmari Member Posts: 2
    astro said:

A: Yes, currently. Optimizations are being looked into from what I understand.
    B. Yes, as part of the block verification process.
    C. Not as much as you'd think currently. The Ethereum bytecode is fairly low-level stuff right now and doesn't take up nearly as much CPU as running larger computer programs your machine is used to. As contracts grow and code gets more complex, there will be a rise in the CPU cost. I believe that's part of the reason for the move to PoS.

Thank you for your help!