ethermine.rocks - 0% fee, 100% working, quick start package and great support

ethermine_rocksethermine_rocks Member Posts: 228
We offer a new pool to mine ethereum (working 100%, mined a few blocks already - so pool luck is high).

http://ethermine.rocks/how/

Daily payouts after 1 Ether.
Pool fee 0% for now (will be lower than any other pool later)
No registration needed.
Quick start guide and zip file for AMD and NVIDIA.

Pool difficulty is low so you will have more shares thus get more ETH :-) To keep it so we are considering keeping the pool open for new miners only until enough pool hashrate is acquired. So be quick! :-)

After all troubles with low shares, payments and downtime, slow or no response from pool support on large pools we decided to open this new pool and run things the other way. Pool is based on open source.

All questions, comments or suggestions are welcome!

Comments

• HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    edited May 2016
    Another one? :p

Good luck!
  • ethermine_rocksethermine_rocks Member Posts: 228
    Guess a lot of us get sick of large pools and their behaviour. I don't see anything wrong with having more choice where to mine. Do you? B):#
  • cryptorushcryptorush Member Posts: 96
    > Pool difficulty is low so you will have more shares thus get more ETH

Can you explain that bullshit of yours?
    You know this has already been disscused on this forum. pools have artificial difficulty, depending on how big hashrate is, the pool difficulty will be higher, also depends on payout model they use, large pools have usually high hashrate means your worker has to do more work to submit a share so you get your payout, like dwarfpool has the highest hashrate so your worker has to compete with many other workers to submit, so you will have less submited shares thus less payout. You can easily test this, try mining on different pools for a few day and look at the number of shares submitted. I also mine and have already been through all this. Now this pool is still very new, for now it has a low block find rate, but the block found is divided among miners who submitted shares, real life example, while mining at dwarf I had 1,02-1,06 eth per day/per 100MHz (though pool registered usually around 127MHz), so this is cool but also a lot of downtime and weird behaviour such as worker submitting but pool not registering for couple of hours and so. In the end mining at large pools isnt realy all that profitable and this is why most of us do mine, at least to cover the power bill... :-) NOW I mined only two blocks for now at our new pool at that same rate in 3 days (divided by two miners total with 6 workers) so in 3 days I was paid 8.8 ETH, so you. This is close to solo but the variance in finding blocks solo increased all the time and you need more and more MHz to keep up, so this pool will be awsome to mine when it reaches a certain hashrate so block finding time decreases to a steady flow while the number of miners remains small. Hope this helps. Please dont mind the long explanation. If any other questions please ask. I will do my best to reply. Thank you.
    cryptorush your pool seem to be down, hope those miners at your pool arent waisting power mining for nothing
    Well, sorry you dont really care about people earning more ETH, being less manipulated by large pools, less hashrate being stolen, less downtime and so. I see from your posts you are a dwarf pool fan, so keep up the good work there. Thank you for your reply, all comments are always welcome.
    and lets not forget your post:

Thanks for the explanation. Since difficulty rather than time wins, this works out even better than I though (since some "stale" shares get the full 5 eth block reward)

The 5 eth bonus is much appreciated! MPH rules! :-)

so who is the troll/kook now?
    dlehenky Posts: 1,407Member ✭✭✭
    May 5
    Different pools have different pool difficulties. The diff on dwarfpool is 2B; the diff on ethpool is 4B. This means a "share" on dwarfpool is worth half of a "share" on ethpool. The diff on nanopool is different still, at 5B, so the "share" value there is 25% higher than ethpool. Note, however, the higher the pool difficulty, the more work the miner has to do to earn a "share".
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Difficulty doesn't ultimately affect profitability, however. It only affects variance.
    still variance is connected to profitability since miners have fixed expenses and ROI to match before making any profit from what they are doing. there is a nice article about this here: https://medium.com/@lmgoodman/why-mining-variance-matters-80ef0ff4b183#.xjkrm9xmt
    @ethermine_rocks but to what degree does it affect variance, and to what extent does that matter? If lowest variance was desired, then being in a larger pool would matter more then difficulty (within reason) ever could. (Not advocating for large pools, btw)
    bitcanuck said:

> Pool difficulty is low so you will have more shares thus get more ETH

Can you explain that bullshit of yours?

Please don't feed the trolls/kooks. The reply is just more bullshit, further decreasing the forum signal/noise ratio.
    You absolutely don't understand how pool mining works. No one will earn more if people will submit shares frequently. 5 shares per minute or 10 shares per minute does not give benefits to anyone. Also many shares leads to low GPU load (ethminer specific flaw). So good luck with your ignorance.

cryptorush your pool seem to be down, hope those miners at your pool arent waisting power mining for nothing

Nice throw, you still miss.
    Anyways thank you for you comments. Hope you can be a bit more constructive next time.

Anyways thank you for you comments. Hope you can be a bit more constructive next time.

I exposed you blatant lie and ignorance, if this is not constructive, what is constructive then?
    I think you only exposed yourself, I am kindly and politely asking you to please go troll somewhere else where it makes sense, you clearly have no intention of supporting the idea of ethereum digital currency as being a tool by which to promote exchange and trade. The whole idea of decentralized network is begging to lose its meaning and thus value at least in regard of mining since only a few large pools are controlling majority of mining. Having more and more small pools will only help promote the idea of ethereum and those mining only for profit will only benefit from healthy competition. Think about that! Thank you!
  • TermieTermie Member Posts: 130
    Hi,

is only your "opeclminer" working with your pool, or can I use Genoil's or Claymore's ethminer too?
    Stratum implementation badly needed.
    genoil should work as well, for now claymore looks promissing and is under way, dev is working on it.
  • downhillfromheredownhillfromhere houstonMember Posts: 50
    work said:

Stratum implementation badly needed.

agreed, any plans?
    yes, stratum is a must have. info will be given on this. Thanks for sharing.
    Just to let you know! Although there is no downtime pool, there may be some, we are in process of setting up new pool software on the server with all the nice shiny features you may want... I will inform on progress later! Tnx for all your support guys!
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭

Just to let you know! Although there is no downtime pool, there may be some, we are in process of setting up new pool software on the server with all the nice shiny features you may want... I will inform on progress later! Tnx for all your support guys!

Out of curiosity any idea when that down time will be/how long? Also what is happening as far as previous shares Submitted? Will that be transferred over? Or is that progress lost?
    Downtime will be short. All shares from mined block will be calculated and paid manually! :-)

Downtime will be short. All shares from mined block will be calculated and paid manually! :-)

ok thanks :)
    payouts now set at 0.5 ETH

payouts now set at 0.5 ETH

Good change, I'd personally like to see them as low as .1 eth :D
  • warinerwariner Member Posts: 38
    hi,
    when the last block will be credited (1525893)?
    In my stats page is displayed "0"...
    Thank you
    Can you please provide your wallet address. Tnx