Extending my rig

leetizzleleetizzle Member Posts: 8
Just purchased 12 new r9 380 (cheap so please don't give me the you won't get an ROI blah blah)

so I will now have this setup:

6x R7 370
6x R9 380
6x R9 380

I have 2 questions,

1: In the UK I understand you can safely pull 3000 WATTS out of the wall calculating the wattage of this setup is going to go above 3000 how would I get around this problem or would it be safe loading all 3 onto 2 different sockets?

2: Pool mine or Solo? Currently mining on miningpoolhub which is actually returning less profit than dwarfpool but for some reason dwarfpool keeps giving me random ALL REJECTIONS after couple of days of running so I have to restart eth-proxy to get it working again.

Comments

• brakabbrakab Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2016
    1. Use as much as you can on one circuit, then add a second psu running from another circuit using an add2psu adapter. If all of your rigs total pull under 3000 watts, then it's safe to run them off one circuit.
    2. Pool mine. Ethermine.org is a good pool.
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    Calculate exacts Amps, just because the socket is rated for 13Amps it doesn't mean it will serve you 24/7/365

It might get hot and burn. I would stay around 12A

Consider quality of the wires inside the wall. If it's an old building what guarantee you've got someone changed the sockets AND the wires. Burned electrical installation equals redecoration.
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    leetizzle said:

Just purchased 12 new r9 380 (cheap so please don't give me the you won't get an ROI blah blah)

6x R7 370
    6x R9 380
    6x R9 380

I have 2 questions,

1: In the UK I understand you can safely pull 3000 WATTS out of the wall calculating the wattage of this setup is going to go above 3000 how would I get around this problem or would it be safe loading all 3 onto 2 different sockets?

2: Pool mine or Solo? Currently mining on miningpoolhub which is actually returning less profit than dwarfpool but for some reason dwarfpool keeps giving me random ALL REJECTIONS after couple of days of running so I have to restart eth-proxy to get it working again.

how much does that R9 380 rig pull outa wall? cant decide between R7 370 and R9 380 Nitro
  • leetizzleleetizzle Member Posts: 8
    brakab said:

1. Use as much as you can on one circuit, then add a second psu running from another circuit using an add2psu adapter. If all of your rigs total pull under 3000 watts, then it's safe to run them off one circuit.
    2. Pool mine. Ethermine.org is a good pool.

No need for add2psu using 1 PSU per rig safely. if they are going to pull more ill get a CB extension lead and use another circuit I think
    bbcoin said:

Calculate exacts Amps, just because the socket is rated for 13Amps it doesn't mean it will serve you 24/7/365

It might get hot and burn. I would stay around 12A

Consider quality of the wires inside the wall. If it's an old building what guarantee you've got someone changed the sockets AND the wires. Burned electrical installation equals redecoration.

How do I calculate AMPS? is it watts / volts? Pretty new building and wiring so hopefully should be fine but it looks like I'm going to use 2 different circuits to be on the safe side!
    un4given said:

leetizzle said:

6x R7 370
    6x R9 380
    6x R9 380

I have 2 questions,

how much does that R9 380 rig pull outa wall? cant decide between R7 370 and R9 380 Nitro
    Using ASUS STRIX R9 380 4GB 6 of them pull around 1200 watts at the wall, I tried MSI & Powercolor but none were as good as the STRIX, best bang for buck + electric costs I would say get 6x R7 370 STRIX