Should I build a mining rig right now?

antoanto Member Posts: 8
hi everyone.
I would like to build my first personal mining rig,but it is correct to build it now?
I would start it with 3 r7 370.The power cost aren't a problem and i would like to know what is the best (and maybe cheapest) card to start mining.

im new in this field but im very interested.Thanks to everyone for availability :smiley:

Best Answer

• cpluscotecpluscote Member Posts: 86
    Accepted Answer
    Whatever card you can find for cheap! The only way you can possibly make any money right now is to get a really good deal on used cards. You won't make your money back if you buy new cards. As simple as that. There is a lot of information on different card's hashrates on the internet. Used 2xx series are probably your best bet if you can find some.

I found 16 290x's for $2200 about a month ago. With a deal that good, I can't lose.

Answers

• antoanto Member Posts: 8
    i found a xfx black edition for about 300 EUR.I guess it is fine to start my rig
  • ksukhinksukhin Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    cpluscote said:

Whatever card you can find for cheap! The only way you can possibly make any money right now is to get a really good deal on used cards. You won't make your money back if you buy new cards. As simple as that. There is a lot of information on different card's hashrates on the internet. Used 2xx series are probably your best bet if you can find some.

I found 16 290x's for $2200 about a month ago. With a deal that good, I can't lose.

where did you find that? that's ~140$/card
  • syaoran99syaoran99 Member Posts: 204
    anto said:

hi everyone.
    I would like to build my first personal mining rig,but it is correct to build it now?
    I would start it with 3 r7 370.The power cost aren't a problem and i would like to know what is the best (and maybe cheapest) card to start mining.

im new in this field but im very interested.Thanks to everyone for availability :smiley:

You should take a read at the articles here i this thread which are quite informative.
    https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/6407/why-you-should-not-mine-ethereum-now-with-more-rigs#latest