I have been working on a bitcoin project for a distributed dropbox and I think it could fit in well with ethereum. The project is similar to the StoreJ idea, except none of the self replication and auto deployment is written yet.https://github.com/hughht5/fhba
- Users can upload a file and pay /MB /minute to store it. File is deleted after time expires.
- When someone downloads the file it uses 10 minutes of the storage time to reflect bandwidth costs.
- Users can upload a file and specify a cost for people to download that file.
- When another user downloads the file they pay the fee to the uploader, and also an extra few % to keep the file online for longer. This means popular files pay for their own storage needs.
- Optionally for of the fee goes straight to the developer as a dividend.
- Once a file expires the btc fees are collected and put in a profits account (in bitcoind).
- Security is poor
- UI is practically non existent
- Needs ability to auto-deploy / self replicate.
Could it be written as a contract in ethereum with centralised or distributed storage?