How can I run an ethereum node on a mobile ?

sarbaosarbao Member Posts: 9
I would like tio develop a dapp on a smart phone but need an tehereum node on it. Tks vm help. Best regards Salvador

Answers

• sarbaosarbao Member Posts: 9
    Good mgn. Thanks vm for the answer, so how can I create for example a wallet on a mobile phone, is not possible ?. Tks again for help
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o mod Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    @sarbao, I've seen some positive headlines for Jaxx wallet. Don't know anything about it but it might be worth a look
    Good morning,

Tks vm o0ragman0o. The thing I dont understand then is how does ethereum works then ?. Is it only possible to run on PC with the ethereum node installed ?. If it is not possible to build a Dapp on a mobile is a big issue don't you think so ?.

Best regards,

Salavdor
    I don't know, perhaps it's using a proxy to some Jaxx node or something. I think Slock.it were proxying in their Devcon1 demo's to simulate lite client functionality.
    @G416G, true you can't run DAPPs on a mobile now. You can't even run DAPP's in Mist now except for the standard wallet DAPP. But you're entirely wrong that it's not going to or can't happen. They are simply still developing the lite clients for mobile use. Having DAPPs on mobiles is really quite fundamental to mainstreaming the Ethereum platform.
    I agree with @o0ragman0o. Mobile is absolutly needed for ethereum to go mainstream. Will try in the meantime talking as you suggest to a private network. Thanks very much both of you for your kind help. Best regards. Salvador
    G416G being honest I think you are right about not getting the full idea. The thing is that I created my own blockchain with geth so on the web3.js I had to reference the IP which runs the node. I cannot figure out if u dont run a node which IP shud you connect to in order to read the blockchain. Thats why I was thinking on the mobile node. I don`t know if I am getting too messy even in this misunderstanding. Maybe if you can redirect me to a good "easy" whitepaper ( ethereum is too difficult to me ) I would apreciate. Srry for being so tiresome and tks vm for all of ur answers.
    @sarbao, read up on how to use the RPC and IPC connectors.
    Tks o0ragman0o appreciate your help.

By the way, I have been playing away, well trying to play cause I couldn't :-|, with ethereumjs-lib. I tried to npm on my Windows but I am having tons of problems. Do you know if it is possible to install on Windows in order to browserify later ?. I am trying to do some staff on ethereum and I only know javascript.

Sorry again for asking so much and making advantage of our new friendship :-)

Best tregrads,

Salvador

Best regards.
    @sarbao Not sure I can help there as I'm fairly new to js/node myself and not too familiar with node toolchains and such
    Good morning G416G, sorry late but been overloaded with other staff. Well, what I am trying to do ( it is as big as it sounds ) is building a complete new bank over blockchain :blush: ...in pieces, in small parts, isolated parts that all togetehr work for our daily financial needs.

I am not developer but before jump myself to the cliff I am trying to understand if etehreum is developed enough to do so. The first thing that I am looking for is the DIGITAL ON BOARDING an dfor that the frist need I need to know if it is possible to save on the blockchain ( in a merkle-tree architecture ) my identity.

I am trying to browserify ethereumjs-lib as there are many tools that will help. I already create a private blockchain ( as I will need one for that ), issue my won coins ( which will no other tahn 1:1 token with fiats ), and exchange them. So seems that the idea could be done. However I need to test few different things to make me compeltely convinced.

Probably I am trying to be too much "libertarian" :-)

If you can help I can give you more details or we can have more direct talks.

Thanks very much for help ,

Salvador