help with qtminer

algertalgert Member Posts: 10

Hello, qtminer is freezing while mining. It happens randomly, what can I check ?
I am currently on a 290x

Thank you

Comments

• MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    @algert What do you mean "freezing"? Like it pauses for a few seconds and then keeps going? Or it's outright locking up, as in it crashed?

If it's crashing, then your card / drivers may be the problem. Are you overclocking? Is the card overheating?
  • MeechMeech Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2016
    Having the same problem recently. The computer freezes and has to be rebooted. Running windows 10 and 6 cards. Determined it must be a driver issue since thats the only thing I've updated. I will remove and reinstall older version. The 2 newest versions lower my hashrate drastically. I'm also going to try 16mb of ram but I don't think that's the cause. Try the drivers first before changing anything else and for gods sake shut off the crimson auto update feature. Fyi also crashes qtminer at dag startup.
  • algertalgert Member Posts: 10
    MrYukonC said:

@algert What do you mean "freezing"? Like it pauses for a few seconds and then keeps going? Or it's outright locking up, as in it crashed?

If it's crashing, then your card / drivers may be the problem. Are you overclocking? Is the card overheating?

It was freezing, but I could still login in SSH and reboot the machine. Anyway I figured out the problem, I was OC too much :smile:
  • MeechMeech Member Posts: 6
    Update:
    For me ( at least in initial testing ) it was the Dag file, either corrupt or just needed to be cleanly recreated. I copied the old Etash files then deleted them. Restarted miner ( which takes a bit to rebuild the Dag) and no freezing. I also tried 16gb of ram prior and that didn't fix anything. So find your Etash folder, copy contents for safe keeping and delete the files within it. Others have suggested the same but I'm not too keen on deleting files I know nothing about. But give it ago! By the way my Dag file was a whopping 11.8gb...fyi.